Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
Just a quick tip. Most smart phones have the ability to be remotely locked and or wiped completely. This is so that if someone steals your phone, you can go on the internet and prevent a thief from stealing your data.

With that in mind...

If you have possession of your spouse's phone with the intent to use data recovery software on it, first disconnect the phone from the network. This includes wireless (WiFi) and cell (mobile) network. If they realize what is going on, they may try to stop you with a remote wipe / lock.

The easiest way to do this is to place the phone into "airplane" mode. This will disconnect the phone from the grid and internet preventing remote locks / wipes.

If you are in a hurry, (you just grabbed it and ran for example) and need to take some time to lookup how to enable airplane mode on the phone, simply turn it off. This also will disconnect it from the network until you have time to research.

Keep in mind, however, when the phone is turned back on, it won't be long before the remote lock request will go through. You might not have time to enable airplane mode even if you have instructions. To prevent this, before turning the phone back on, go to an area with no WiFi or cell coverage. Some suggestions might be an elevator, basement parking deck, or just way out in the country.

Hope it helps someone.

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
M
M
thanks!! Can you also tell us how to recover deleted texts from the phone?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
thanks!! Can you also tell us how to recover deleted texts from the phone?

Google. smile

Seriously though, I personally really like Wondershare Dr. Fone. It's very simple to use and the free version does everything but allow you to save the data. (You can always take screen shots, but if it works for you then it's probably worth the $50 to buy it)

They have a version for Android and iPhone

It's very easy. Just download and install the software, plug the phone up to a USB port on your computer and follow the on screen instructions.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
M
M
thanks!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
J
I have a Blackberry Curve.
Ex wife wiped off data before returning it.
Can I retrieve any old "Memos" that were on it?

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
I have a Blackberry Curve.
Ex wife wiped off data before returning it.
Can I retrieve any old "Memos" that were on it?

You might be able to get the photos off of it: Blackberry Curve Photo Recovery

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
C
C
Thanks! But i also need to know how to recover.

M
M
Originally Posted by chanleen
Thanks! But i also need to know how to recover.

Then you are on the wrong forum. This is the Operation Investigate forum. Look around!

Exposure 101

A
A
Can you use Wondershare without rooting the phone? In not the most tech savvy so when that step appeared, I grew nervous and stopped.

F
OP Offline
F
Yes you can in most cases.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation