Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
Originally Posted by RedsWife
I am going to take everyone's advice and separate from my husband. I am not going to move directly to Plan D but will move in to Plan B with a legal separation. If he will not agree to actually following Marriage Builders then I will move to Plan D. We have to wait a year for a D in my home state anyway.

I have spoken with an attorney who will be drawing up some paperwork. I want to be sure to we have a legal agreement given we have two children involved and I will be moving out of state.

Thanks for being honest with me and helping me to see what I already knew.

Off to re-educate myself on Plan B and write a Plan B letter.

You are going to be so much happier and healthier going this route.

The good thing about the way Plan B works is there is no "Plan D." You stop seeing or talking to him, and you feel better. He might choose to reconcile with you by following MB, and that would be great, or you might be divorced. But even if you end up divorced, that's not any different from Plan B. You take this step and it's the right way to move regardless of whether or not this eventually ends in divorce.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
R
OP Offline
R
Yes, I guess Plan B would be more of a softer blow for me. I don't easily accept defeat. I know it is likely he won't want to reconcile but for the sake of my children, I want to give him the opportunity to choose to change. If he doesn't, I'll move on and care for my children as a single mom.

Married 9 yrs.
DC 7 & 2
DH EA 4/08-01/10
Dday #1 05/08
False recovery b4 I knew about MB 07/08
Dday #2 01/10
NC 01/10

I
I
Yes, I guess Plan B would be more of a softer blow for me. I don't easily accept defeat..

Plan B will be your greatest victory either way. It is not defeat to stand firm by the ideals of marriage and refuse scornfully a counterfeit one. Plan B is a refuge, a walled city which cannot be beseiged in war time. Either your conditions are met, or not, but their loss. Their defeat. Evil does not win.

. I know it is likely he won't want to reconcile but for the sake of my children, I want to give him the opportunity to choose to change. If he doesn't, I'll move on and care for my children as a single mom.

It is easiest to do any task, including child rearing, with a willing partner. It is hardest to do it with a dead weight dragging you down. Single motherhood is somewhere in the middle. It won't be anywhere near as hard as what you are used to.

I wonder if you know what a wonderful example you will be setting for them about what a marriage should be, and what is unacceptable by taking this brave stand. I suspect you will come to see this if not.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by indiegirl
I wonder if you know what a wonderful example you will be setting for them about what a marriage should be, and what is unacceptable by taking this brave stand. I suspect you will come to see this if not.

Eventually I will see it, I guess. Thanks for the encouragement.

Married 9 yrs.
DC 7 & 2
DH EA 4/08-01/10
Dday #1 05/08
Dday #2 01/10
NC 01/10

S
S

Yes, I guess Plan B would be more of a softer blow for me. I don't easily accept defeat.

You shouldn't look at separating from a serial cheating WS as "defeat". You can't force anyone to do anything against their will, including being a good spouse or parent.

All you can do is do your best - and in this case that means not enabling someone who is abusing you and gaslighting you.

Glad to hear that you are going into Plan B. I would advise you to save the SH sessions for your WH should he cry about wanting you back while you are in Plan B (as most cake eating serial cheaters do) - you can let that be part of your PB requirements or save it in case recovery becomes possible at one point.

You would be better off calling Dr Harley for free on the radio show in terms of your actual separation.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
A
A
Separating from an abusive spouse is a victory.

S
S

Another way to put this, RW, as long as you allow it, your WH will use your intense desire to keep your family together against you. Ask me how I know.

Plan B is not another way to try get him to do what you want. It is letting go.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks apples and SusieQ. It's hard for me to let go, though I know I should.

I talked with a landlord today about possibly sub-leasing an apartment. He was supposed to get back to me but didn't so I will get with him again tomorrow.

My plan is to file for legal separation after I move out. Hopefully I can be moved out by the end of this week. I moved a lot as a kid and hate that my kids are being put through this.

Having a hard time writing the Plan B letter. Will get that posted as soon as I have it done.

Married 9 yrs.
DC 7 & 2
DH EA 4/08-01/10
Dday #1 05/08
Dday #2 01/10
NC 01/10

R
OP Offline
R
Here's what I have for my plan B letter. I am open to any and all feedback. Thank you!

Dear Husband,

It is with tears in my eyes that I write you this letter. I am saddened by what has become of us, our friendship, our marriage, our family.

I acknowledge and apologize for my part in the demise of our marriage. I neglected your needs, had angry outbursts and failed to show you that I love you many times. This probably helped create an environment in our marriage that allowed you to decide not to work on our marriage. I have said this before, and I want to say it again: I want to do whatever I can to create a mutually satisfying marriage. I feel that I have been learning ways to be the type of woman that I hope you would be proud to call your wife, as I have so many times felt pride in calling you my husband. I so want to be able to create and sustain a strong marital connection, filled with passion, love and friendship.

The past four months have been very difficult for me. We seemed to start our life Out of State on a good note, only to slip at caring for our marriage and each other again. We have neglected our marriage again and lost our foundation of trust and respect. Until you want to willfully, work with me on rebuilding our marriage, I will be moving out and having no communication with you. This is because it is too painful for me and I cannot tolerate neglect, apathy and disinterest toward our marriage.

I want us to be a team, and restore our marriage together. I want you to know that no matter how bad the past was, no matter how ugly, we can get past it. With God's help, I hope that we will be able to rebuild our marriage someday. I want us to be able to meet each other's emotional needs and to avoid doing anything to hurt each other. We can build a new lifestyle together in which everything we do makes us both happy. I want to grow old with you.

When you find yourself ready and willing to truly and fully commit to our family, willing to work on a plan for our rebuilding our marriage, go to counseling, and end your friendship with your classmate. I will be ready and willing to discuss our future.

Your loving wife,

Married 9 yrs.
DC 7 & 2
DH EA 4/08-01/10
Dday #1 05/08
Dday #2 01/10
NC 01/10

M
M
Dear Husband,

It is with tears in my eyes that I write you this letter. I am saddened by what has become of us, our friendship, our marriage, our family.

I acknowledge and apologize for my part in the demise of our marriage. I want to do whatever I can to create a mutually satisfying marriage with you.

I want us to be a team, and restore our marriage together. I want you to know that no matter how bad the past was, no matter how ugly, we can get past it. With God's help, I want us to be able to meet each other's emotional needs and to avoid doing anything to hurt each other. We can build a new lifestyle together in which everything we do makes us both happy. I want to grow old with you.

When you are ready and willing to truly and fully commit to our family, willing to work on a plan for rebuilding our marriage, and end your friendship with your classmate I will be here as your devoted wife. Until then I need to remove all contact with you because the pain is too much to bear and detrimental to my health and heart.

Your loving wife,

My 2cents

R
OP Offline
R
Thank you! I wondered if the letter was too wordy.

Married 9 yrs.
DC 7 & 2
DH EA 4/08-01/10
Dday #1 05/08
Dday #2 01/10
NC 01/10

S
S

end your friendship with your classmate

I really dislike the use of the word "friendship" here. We all know this is not a friendship and calling it that just continues to enable your WH's gaslighting.

I would use "inappropriate relationship" or "emotional affair".

Why are you continuing to call this a friendship?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
A
A
Call it an emotional affair. If he is willing to wreck his marriage, it is an affair.

R
OP Offline
R
I will change the wording to call it what it is, an emotional affair.

A family member suggested that I ask him to move in order to avoid moving my children yet again. They are concerned because we just moved to this state less than 6 months ago. Anyone have thoughts on that?

Married 9 yrs.
DC 7 & 2
DH EA 4/08-01/10
Dday #1 05/08
Dday #2 01/10
NC 01/10

A
A
you could certainly ask him to leave.

R
OP Offline
R
So the landlord may not have the unit available until 2-3 weeks from now. If that's the case do I give my husband the letter now with the date or hold the letter until my move in date? I'm so ready to leave and be in a less stressful environment.

Last edited by RedsWife; 12/01/15 03:13 PM.

Married 9 yrs.
DC 7 & 2
DH EA 4/08-01/10
Dday #1 05/08
Dday #2 01/10
NC 01/10

B
B
So the landlord may not have the unit available until 2-3 weeks from now. If that's the case do I give my husband the letter now with the date or hold the letter until my move in date? I'm so ready to leave and be in a less stressful environment.
Is he moving or are you? I would give him the Plan B letter when he leaves.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

R
OP Offline
R
As of now, I am planning to move out. My question earlier was in light of a family member who suggested he move. I wanted to get the MB folks perspective on that.

Sounds like if the apartment isn't available for a couple weeks, I should hold off on giving the letter until the day I move. Correct?

I am going to look at another apartment tomorrow, just in case this first one falls through.

Married 9 yrs.
DC 7 & 2
DH EA 4/08-01/10
Dday #1 05/08
Dday #2 01/10
NC 01/10

R
OP Offline
R
I just saw in another thread that you don't give the letter until you can end all contact with WS so, I will hold off on giving him the letter until my move day.

I wish we had family or friends here so that my kids and I can stay at someone's place until my apartment is ready. I guess I won't ask him to leave given I won't be able to get the locks changed, he would need to request it since he is the lease holder for our current home.

Last edited by RedsWife; 12/01/15 11:27 PM.

Married 9 yrs.
DC 7 & 2
DH EA 4/08-01/10
Dday #1 05/08
Dday #2 01/10
NC 01/10

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation