Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
L
LMG Offline OP
OP Offline
L
since the past few months I have been drinking a lot. I think I touched on this above. I have noticed my wife is drinking more as well. I decided to stop drinking again because I realize it is not helping anything and being disruptive to any healing which can come forth from this day forward.

I know my wife has contacted an attorney today, but I do not know the outcome, she may be searching for her options.

should I have her filed with a summons or hold off, I really think she is made up her mind, but I have not given up hope.

Me 44
WW 44
dating/living together 7 years, married since Aug-2014

D-Day 04-25-2016
Affair Known 05-09-2016
Sober 4-27-2016
M
M
Originally Posted by LMG
Melonylane,

thank you for the spy advice, I know the law fairly well as I am a police officer myself. I understand my job has stressed our marriage ever since the past 6 months when I changed shifts and assignements.

Agree about your shift work, it is a disaster to marriages. I would spy on her and get the evidence. When you get that, come back here and we will help you with next steps.

f she wants no contact, verball communication or physical how do I proceed. shall I respect her wish to not sleep in the bed? I did purchase His needs Her Needs book. but I need to be able to communicate to put lesson into play.

The book you need is Surviving an Affair. And she will not be likely to have any interest in doing any lessons. You must FIRST bust up her affair and we will help you do that. I would put the HNHN in the drawer for now.

Yes, you should sleep in the bed and continue to communicate with her. Be as pleasant as possible. No fighting, etc.

my one friend who you helped and he has high praise for you, says be a little aloof and change yourself to what you think you were in the beginning of the relationship. (I can't remember, but I was 20 lbs lighter and we did things together.

He is right that you should behave as you did in the beginning of your relationship.

we would text and chat often. but now I'm affriad of pushing her away by texting often, esp if she has resentment or angry towards me, it would just make it worse In my opion.

The reason she is angry with you is because she has demonized you in order to justify her affair. She is trying to bait you into a fight so she will have more ammunition against you. Just be sure you don't take the bait. You can still chat and text just keep it very pleasant and loving.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by LMG
I went through may past phone records and in jan for 3 days straight my friend/boss and a stripper and her were communicated everyday through text. My wife had said she wanted a threesome and wanted to (F**K) my friend/boss or at least entertained the thought. so it porbably happened according the the phone records.

What is your wife's occupation? What would bring her into contact with people like this? Is this "friend" her boss or your boss? What kind of business?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Originally Posted by LMG
since the past few months I have been drinking a lot. I think I touched on this above. I have noticed my wife is drinking more as well. I decided to stop drinking again because I realize it is not helping anything and being disruptive to any healing which can come forth from this day forward.
Are you able to answer a straight question with a straight answer?

One again, HOW MUCH have you and your wife been drinking lately?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
L
LMG Offline OP
OP Offline
L
yes, I know wifedivorcing's story.

My wife's occupation is a elementary teacher. this friend/boss was my friend and boss. he now has transferred to a different shift. We would go out to the bar together. I don't think from this day forward that any time of adult clubs are in my future. I come from a Christian background and have fallen the past few years. She says she is catholic, but I don't think she know Jesus Christ as her personal savior.

As far as the bed thing. It is my fault that I have allowed us to sleep in separate beds for a few years now. What I don't want to happen is her to get angry and make stud up. I do have a recorder, so if you think I should try again. tonight won't work. I work afternoons. I get home around 12:30ish am, she goes to bed around 9-30pm everynight. plus I have a 9am apt in the am, so if I wake her up when I get home from work, she will have a tantrum again in my opinion.

I did mention this morning when she came back from her mother's house (she left the house last night to sleep at mom's when I jumped into bed...she lives 2 blks away.) that we should be sleeping together and I'm going to continue to sleep in OUR bed . she was mute of the answer and only said, why we are getting a divorce., so I replied we need to communicate soon, and she reply okay. and left for work without any further contact or words.

Me 44
WW 44

D-Day 04-25-2016
Affair Known 05-09-2016
Sober 4-27-2016
W
W
LMG, you need to listen to these folks here, get the evidence you need to bust up her affair. Don't let her bait you into a fight. I remember in my situation, my wife would try to get me to fight with her which is a HUGE love buster. There were times I just smiled during her wrath. Do the same, start working on yourself....

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Ephesians 5:11-13
11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
L
LMG Offline OP
OP Offline
L
@sugarcane,

I'm sorry I thought I did. everyday afterwork for me. Her, I think every day as well, but I am at work in the evenings, when she is at home. So I cant be for sure, but I do notice the bottle contents lower every night on her flavored vokda.

Me 44
WW 44

D-Day 04-25-2016
Affair Known 05-09-2016
Sober 4-27-2016
M
M
Originally Posted by LMG
yes, I know wifedivorcing's story.

My wife's occupation is a elementary teacher. this friend/boss was my friend and boss. he now has transferred to a different shift. We would go out to the bar together. I don't think from this day forward that any time of adult clubs are in my future. I come from a Christian background and have fallen the past few years. She says she is catholic, but I don't think she know Jesus Christ as her personal savior.

I would avoid adult clubs and bars in general. They are not healthy environments. If your boss had an affair with your wife, I would be reporting this to HR. If he doesn't lose his job over this, you will probably want to find another job. Working at the same place as this dirtbag will keep you triggered forever.

As far as the bed thing. It is my fault that I have allowed us to sleep in separate beds for a few years now.
I don't want to happen is her to get angry and make stud up. I do have a recorder, so if you think I should try again. tonight won't work. I work afternoons. I get home around 12:30ish am, she goes to bed around 9-30pm everynight. plus I have a 9am apt in the am, so if I wake her up when I get home from work, she will have a tantrum again in my opinion.

Your shift is a huge problem. Have you spoken to your supervisor to get that changed?

Exposure 101

L
LMG Offline OP
OP Offline
L
@melodylane,

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by LMG
Melonylane,

be able to communicate to put lesson into play.

The book you need is Surviving an Affair. And she will not be likely to have any interest in doing any lessons. You must FIRST bust up her affair and we will help you do that. I would put the HNHN in the drawer for now.

Yes, you should sleep in the bed and continue to communicate with her. Be as pleasant as possible. No fighting, etc.

my one friend who you helped and he has high praise for you, says be a little aloof and change yourself to what you think you were in the beginning of the relationship. (I can't remember, but I was 20 lbs lighter and we did things together.

He is right that you should behave as you did in the beginning of your relationship.

we would text and chat often. but now I'm affriad of pushing her away by texting often, esp if she has resentment or angry towards me, it would just make it worse In my opion.

The reason she is angry with you is because she has demonized you in order to justify her affair. She is trying to bait you into a fight so she will have more ammunition against you. Just be sure you don't take the bait. You can still chat and text just keep it very pleasant and loving.

I just purchase the book! smile
I am afraid of getting into bed tonight for fear of her making up stuff, like you said it seems like she is demonizing me. by jumping inot bed tonight, it could make her feel like I am pressuring her, when she said last night why don't you listen to me and let me get some rest. i'll hold of tonight on the bed thing, but firday night would be great to try it again, since we both do not work on Saturday.

Me 44
WW 44

D-Day 04-25-2016
Affair Known 05-09-2016
Sober 4-27-2016
S
S
Originally Posted by LMG
@sugarcane,

I'm sorry I thought I did. everyday afterwork for me. Her, I think every day as well, but I am at work in the evenings, when she is at home. So I cant be for sure, but I do notice the bottle contents lower every night on her flavored vokda.
Last time: "How much"? Not - "how often"?

I have an important reason for asking, but I'm about to give up here.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Originally Posted by wifedivorcing
LMG, you need to listen to these folks here, get the evidence you need to bust up her affair. Don't let her bait you into a fight. I remember in my situation, my wife would try to get me to fight with her which is a HUGE love buster. There were times I just smiled during her wrath. Do the same, start working on yourself....

WD was a plan A rockstar! You are lucky to have him in your corner.

awesome good to see you, my friend.

Exposure 101

L
LMG Offline OP
OP Offline
L
surgar cane,

a lot as much as I can to get drunk. I hope that helps.

here is an update.

I tect my wife. "hope your day's well,; have a wonderful lunch :)"

she replied; "No its' not well cuz of the stress from you. I talked to you numerous times before ans said I did not love you the same anymore I'm very serious I want a divorce. I'm sorry that this hurts you and makes you angry but this is what I want. You said you want the best for me and your at peace well this is what I want for me to be happy and at peace."

Me 44
WW 44

D-Day 04-25-2016
Affair Known 05-09-2016
Sober 4-27-2016
L
LMG Offline OP
OP Offline
L
i asked about why ahe wont admit to having a 3some, and she like omg i don't know what you are talking about. and she said i didn't have one and I'm done talking to you, discussions can be through our lawyers....

how do you proceed from that... because we have to live in the same house.....

Me 44
WW 44

D-Day 04-25-2016
Affair Known 05-09-2016
Sober 4-27-2016
L
LMG Offline OP
OP Offline
L
maybe I'm am approaching this from the wrong direction. maybe i caught it before it actually happened. If that is the case, how you reopen communication with your spouse that is shutting down.

My gut feeling is to not talk to her, but i know that is wrong and will make the matter worse.

Me 44
WW 44

D-Day 04-25-2016
Affair Known 05-09-2016
Sober 4-27-2016
M
M
Originally Posted by LMG
maybe I'm am approaching this from the wrong direction. maybe i caught it before it actually happened. If that is the case, how you reopen communication with your spouse that is shutting down.

My gut feeling is to not talk to her, but i know that is wrong and will make the matter worse.

Ignore your gut feelings and look for opportunities to communicate with love and care to her. In the meantime, you MUST start an aggressive spy campaign and get the evidence of an affair. DON'T ASK HER OR ACCUSE. Just quietly get the evidence and come back here.

You can also look into getting on another shift.

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by LMG
i asked about why ahe wont admit to having a 3some,

STOP trying to make her admit anything. You don't need her admission to know truth. Quietly gather the evidence and we will help you kill the affair.

Exposure 101

L
LMG Offline OP
OP Offline
L
MelodyLane,

I hear you. it's hard to gather the evidence and that is what is frustrating.

She is having a medical procedure done next week and i would like to be there for her, but she won't let me and said her parents are driving her and for me to not worry. smirk

Me 44
WW 44

D-Day 04-25-2016
Affair Known 05-09-2016
Sober 4-27-2016
M
M
Originally Posted by LMG
MelodyLane,

She is having a medical procedure done next week and i would like to be there for her, but she won't let me and said her parents are driving her and for me to not worry. smirk

Can you hire a PI to follow her?

Exposure 101

L
LMG Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I'll be on tomorrow, i must get ready for work. thank you all for your insight! smile

Me 44
WW 44

D-Day 04-25-2016
Affair Known 05-09-2016
Sober 4-27-2016
L
LMG Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by LMG
MelodyLane,

Can you hire a PI to follow her?

I am checking into that now to see if i can afford it... ill keep you posted.

Me 44
WW 44

D-Day 04-25-2016
Affair Known 05-09-2016
Sober 4-27-2016
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation