Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
B
OP Offline
B
I am trying to expose the OW via Facebook but when I have sent 2 PM to her friends it is not asking me to pay $1 as I've heard Melody Lane say in the other posts. Can someone tell me how to do it so it doesn't go into the PM spam folder?

Me (BW) 63
FWH 59
Married 30 years
FWH EA 2007 - 2011
FWH PA July, 2011 - November, 2011
False Recovery Dec, 2012 - July 14, 2016
3 adult children, 4 granddaughters and 1 grandson
M
M
Originally Posted by Bikerwife
I am trying to expose the OW via Facebook but when I have sent 2 PM to her friends it is not asking me to pay $1 as I've heard Melody Lane say in the other posts. Can someone tell me how to do it so it doesn't go into the PM spam folder?

Facebook has changed their policies and now the receiver is notified they have a message and they can opt to read it or not. You don't have to pay a $1.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
OP Offline
B
So I will never know if they have chosen to open my message. Is this correct?

Me (BW) 63
FWH 59
Married 30 years
FWH EA 2007 - 2011
M
M
So I will never know if they have chosen to open my message. Is this correct?

No, once they accept your message, it says "Joe blow has accepted your message."

Is there a reason why you are exposing now? Did your husband have another affair?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
OP Offline
B
I very much regret not exposing the OW 5 years ago. I was scared.

Me (BW) 63
FWH 59
Married 30 years
FWH EA 2007 - 2011
B
OP Offline
B
The affair never died. I exposed it to my family, his family, our friends, his friends, but never exposed to the OW. I have been vigilant these past 5 years since the last D-day.
We both have retired now. We never spent nights apart. However, I recently found out she would use some "internet" number which hid her true identity.

He has told me these past 5 years it has only been an emotional affair and that he is willing to do a polygraph.

She is the president of the Local city chapter of a real estate group. That is how my husband met her--when he was looking for property to move his business in approx 2008.

So far I have exposed to her 10 fellow Board members. She was adopted. No parents or siblings. I wanted to expose to her closest friends on facebook. What do you think.

Me (BW) 63
FWH 59
Married 30 years
FWH EA 2007 - 2011
M
M
The affair never died. I exposed it to my family, his family, our friends, his friends, but never exposed to the OW. I have been vigilant these past 5 years since the last D-day.

So far I have exposed to her 10 fellow Board members. She was adopted. No parents or siblings. I wanted to expose to her closest friends on facebook. What do you think.

I would expose the affair to everyone, including all the folks you exposed to the first time around. You should also plan to move away. That is the reason the affair never died in all this time.

He has told me these past 5 years it has only been an emotional affair and that he is willing to do a polygraph.

How far away does the OW live from you?

Exposure 101

M
M
However, I recently found out she would use some "internet" number which hid her true identity.

How did you find this out?

Exposure 101

B
OP Offline
B
The OW lives one hour away from us.

I found out about the internet number because "my husband says he's tired of all the lying". He says he will truthfully answer all my questions. I asked them how they communicated. She used both an internet # with a different area code and she would also use a Skype #.

I NEVER exposed the OW to her friends or work colleagues. Yesterday, I exposed them to 10 board members.

There are still about 30 general members (she is the pres of this local club). Shall I expose to them. She also has 1000 Facebook friends, but no real family members as she is an "only adopted child".

Me (BW) 63
FWH 59
Married 30 years
FWH EA 2007 - 2011
M
M
Did you read my post about exposing to your friends and family?

How will you affair proof your marriage now? Are oyu familiar with Marriage Builders? Do you have the book Survivng an Affair? The checklist?

Exposure 101

M
M
I found out about the internet number because "my husband says he's tired of all the lying". He says he will truthfully answer all my questions. I asked them how they communicated. She used both an internet # with a different area code and she would also use a Skype #.

So he admitted this is a sexual affair? Saying he will "truthfully answer questions" is meaningless. Does he have an iphone?

Exposure 101

B
OP Offline
B
Yes, he does have an iphone and for what its worth, he is willing to take a polygraph test.

Also, shall I send the exposure letter to the members of her local real estate organization where she is president. Shall I expose to her facebook friends (the ones that "like" her comments)? I've only exposed to the 10 board members using letter Dr Harley recommends

Me (BW) 63
FWH 59
Married 30 years
FWH EA 2007 - 2011
B
OP Offline
B
He says this was a sexual affair until 2011 when I first discovered it. Since that time, he says it is "on, off" contact. Says sometimes doesn't see her for 6 months sometimes. He says there has been no sex since 2011, but he has given her many gifts and has does mechanical repairs on her car.

He says he is profoundly sorry and is willing to take a polygraph whenever I schedule it.

Me (BW) 63
FWH 59
Married 30 years
FWH EA 2007 - 2011
M
M
Yes, he does have an iphone and for what its worth, he is willing to take a polygraph test.

I would book the test, but also you should get his phone right now and do this to see where he has been:

Do this: Open Settings, then select Privacy, then Location Services, then System Services, then Frequent Locations. This shows you all the places that the phone has spent repeated times visiting.

While you have his iphone, I would go through all his texts.

Also, shall I send the exposure letter to the members of her local real estate organization where she is president. Shall I expose to her facebook friends (the ones that "like" her comments)? I've only exposed to the 10 board members using letter Dr Harley recommends

Which letter? And you should expose to everyone of her friends you can find.

Did you read my comments about exposing to BOTH your family and friends?

Exposure 101

M
M
He says this was a sexual affair until 2011 when I first discovered it. Since that time, he says it is "on, off" contact. Says sometimes doesn't see her for 6 months sometimes. He says there has been no sex since 2011, but he has given her many gifts and has does mechanical repairs on her car.

Which is another lie. He lied about it being sexual all along.

He says he is profoundly sorry and is willing to take a polygraph whenever I schedule it.

I would schedule it because he is lying. The fact that he is lying indicates this is not over and he is not serious.

Exposure 101

M
M
He has a SEXUAL affair with this tramp. Just because they haven't recently had sex does not change that fact. He lied before and told you it was only "emotional." He is still lying.

Exposure 101

M
M
File this for future reference, you need to do a much better job of snooping if you intend on staying married. I am really astonished he was able to get away with this for so long. You should have spyware on his phone, a GPS on his car and a VAR in his car.

Exposure 101

M
M
Here is what you told us back on 06/27/12:

My story: I suspected my husband might be having an emotional affair in 2008.

In 2008, I found out thru his actions and texts that he was having an emotional affair with the woman that was showing him potential properites to start his business.
here

The "emotional affair" was bullsh** then and it is bullsh** now.

Exposure 101

B
OP Offline
B
Yes. He admitted to having a sexual affair in the past. I will schedule a polygraph to find if this is true. I know his password on everything I know of. I check location services frequestly and her job and home are not listed as frequent locations. Today, we have installed a gps and a voice activated recorder.

Can you make suggestions for the questions on the polygraph.

I will finish sending letters:

July 18, 2016

Dear Friend of XXXXXX:

It grieves me to write this letter, but I believe all of her friends should know the kind of person she really is. XXXXX has had an affair with my husband, John, from 2008 until present day. She was showing my husband commercial real estate at the time they initiated their sexual affair. My husband and I have been married for 30 years, have 3 children and 5 grandchilden. We are trying to reconcile. I would appreciate it if you used your influence over XXXX to have her leave him alone so we can try to put our marriage together.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX

I have already personally told his family, my family, our friends. The ones I will do tonight are her remaining business colleagues ( i have only sent out 10 letters) and facebook friends.

Me (BW) 63
FWH 59
Married 30 years
FWH EA 2007 - 2011
D
D
Today, we have installed a gps and a voice activated recorder.

Bikerwife, who is "we"?

He should not know about the GPS or VAR. That would defeat the purpose. His word is NEVER to be trusted again.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 845 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation