Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
M
M
agree with armymama, just throw the trash away! Am listening to your show right now. love your yankee accent!! grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Did your husband listen to the show? What did he think of Dr Harley's offer to refund your money for his program?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
OP Offline
B
Thank you for your words of wisdom Melani thank you for your words of wisdom, Melody. My husband and I listen to the marriage builders radio together. He definitely wants to do the program but he just doesn't like being pushed. Just like Dr. Harley set on the show, I'm a type a personality and my husbands mellow type set on the show, I'm a type a personality and my husbands mellow type day B. If it was up to me, I could have listened to the 8 1/2 program in one day. He's not that way. Dr. Harley said on the one that needs to get mellow. That's hard for me I feel that my husband doesn't like it when I'm type a in certain aspects of our relationship, but in others it irritates him, so it's confusing as to when I need to be mellow and when I can follow my personality trait.

He says to me that he wants to do the program bed at a more relaxed pace. He says to me that he wants to do the program that at a more relaxed pace. I would rather work on it every day. I'm going to follow his lead and then get back to Dr. Harley as to how it's going.

Thank you, as always, I really don't have anyone that understands what I'm going through at home or in my social circles so I feel so isolated.

Me (BW) 63
FWH 59
Married 30 years
FWH EA 2007 - 2011
FWH PA July, 2011 - November, 2011
False Recovery Dec, 2012 - July 14, 2016
3 adult children, 4 granddaughters and 1 grandson
B
B
I have your show on my list and as soon as it hits the archives I will post it.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
OP Offline
B

Thank you, Brainy

Me (BW) 63
FWH 59
Married 30 years
FWH EA 2007 - 2011
B
OP Offline
B

Sorry for all the typos on last night message response to Melody. I dictated to "siri" from my iphone and she makes so many mistakes and I didn't reread before I submitted.

Yesterday, my husband spent a lot of the morning and early afternoon taking his 89 year old mom for doctor's visit (treadmill, EKG) and grocery shopping for her in preparation for upcoming knee surgery.

We sat down and listen to my MB show. In the evening after we made dinner together, he was tired but we did have a discussion about initiating the online accountability program. Our coach said ideally we should to the 8 - 9 hour program in 2 to 3 days. Today is day 4. The discussion yesterday was that he wanted to initiate when to set aside during the day. Last night he suggested early in the morning before we have an errand that we need to do together at 9 am. It's 6:30. I have been up doing my chores before he gets up so we can get to it.

Im scared and frustrated because he doesn't initiate. I'll give him the chance to see if he talks about it this morning and we do it. Why do WS not do more? He seems to think we are "just fine" because he has promised "its over" with the OW.

BW

Me (BW) 63
FWH 59
Married 30 years
FWH EA 2007 - 2011
M
M
Originally Posted by Bikerwife
Dr. Harley said on the one that needs to get mellow. That's hard for me I feel that my husband doesn't like it when I'm type a in certain aspects of our relationship, but in others it irritates him, so it's confusing as to when I need to be mellow and when I can follow my personality trait.

I am a type a personality too and my husband is an introvert, but I don't boss my husband around. We have a completely equal relationship. You can do this too just by diligently following this program, especially the POJA.

He says to me that he wants to do the program bed at a more relaxed pace. He says to me that he wants to do the program that at a more relaxed pace. I would rather work on it every day. I'm going to follow his lead and then get back to Dr. Harley as to how it's going.

You can let your COACH do the leading. Better for her and Dr Harley to lead the charge than you.

Thank you, as always, I really don't have anyone that understands what I'm going through at home or in my social circles so I feel so isolated.

You are very welcome!!

Exposure 101

T
T
Melody type A? Nah, no way.

Triple A.

ROTFALMAO rotflmao

M
M
Originally Posted by TheRoad
Melody type A? Nah, no way.

Triple A.

ROTFALMAO rotflmao

awesome

Exposure 101

B
OP Offline
B
I'll be glad when the coach gets to coach both of us, but we need to get thru the Marriage Builders seminar lessons first.

But, you are exactly right, I am super on top of things. Its compulsive for me. I will have to watch myself very carefully. I used to think that my husband was happy with our division of labor. At the things, he is better than I, he would do those and I would do what I am better at. I realize now that we need to POJA about everything.

He did wake up this morning. We listened to Dr. Harley for one hour. I printed out the questionairre pertaining to the lesson. He will fill them out during the day and he said this evening we could discuss the questionairre and listen to another lesson. I agreed that was a good idea (although in my head, I wanted to listen to another lesson).

Thanks for the help in changing my behavior to build a good marriage. Hopefully, his actions will make me feel safe that he will follow the coach's suggestion to walk the narrow path.

BW

Me (BW) 63
FWH 59
Married 30 years
FWH EA 2007 - 2011
M
M
What did he think about your call with Dr Harley?

And you can tell him I said this: he stands to benefit the MOST out of this program. My H is very, very happy we used this program. We make all decisions together and have a very romantic marriage.

Exposure 101

B
OP Offline
B
A couple of weeks before D Day #2, I invited my brother to move in with me as he was very depressed. His wife of 29 years had told him she wanted a divorce and moved directly from their home into the boyfriend's home.

The police just called me us and said they found him dead with a self inflicted gun shot wound. He was in so much pain and I tried to help him, but he lost hope when his wife told him today that even if she letf her boyfriend, she was not coming back to him. My brother was a good person, just didn't understand or even know the principles of Dr. Harley. He just kept telling me he wished he would have just known about Dr. Harley's principles 3 months ago. Anyway, he gave up hope.

I'm so sad on top of the sadness I already had with my own marriage.

BW

Me (BW) 63
FWH 59
Married 30 years
FWH EA 2007 - 2011
N
N
I'm so sorry. There are no words.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
D
D
I'm so sorry Bikerwife.

hug

Are you on antidepressants? If not, Dr.H would say that you should probably try them as an emotional buffer during this rough time.

B
B
oh Bikerwife, I am so sorry. I just said a prayer for you and will say more throughout the day. HUGS!!!

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
A
A
I am so sorry to hear this news. Hugs and prayers for you.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
S
S
My deepest condolences, Bikerwife.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
W
W
My heart is broken for you, Bikerwife. Im so sorry for your loss.

Forgive me if Im overstepping- but if this is the same person, a friend of mine was one of his algebra students several years ago, and she has nothing but wonderful things to say about him. It seems like he was truly loved by his students in every way, and he will be missed deeply.

Last edited by Woundednotbroken; 08/24/16 10:27 AM.

BW-27
FWH-31
DS-6
Married several years
D-Day- 11/22/13
Plan A+Exposure
NC+Beginning of Recovery-04/2014

In Recovery and happier and more in love than ever
P
P
Oh, Bikerswife
hug
Prayers are with you.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M
I am so sorry for him and so sorry that you are going through this. frown

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,084 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation