Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
M
Originally Posted by Lostsnowflk
I asked my 6 year old recognized him. she didn't. I believe physically the affair never left the work place until they got caught screwing after closing the store. 3 days later was D-Day.

Have you told the 6 yr old about the affair? It is very likely he/she has seen or heard something. The child needs to know the truth.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
OP Offline
L
I had hoped. I cant force WS mothers hand. And ive payed for online searches into the OM wife and haven't gotten any address or phone number. in the mean time, between now and when WS fog lifts, What do you recommend a BS do?

M
M
I had hoped. I cant force WS mothers hand. And ive payed for online searches into the OM wife and haven't gotten any address or phone number. in the mean time, between now and when WS fog lifts, What do you recommend a BS do?

The fog will NEVER LIFT until the affair is killed. And in order to do that you must expose. EXPOSE THE AFFAIR. Apply as much pressure as possible to the affair. Don't let up one second until you have the OMW's address in hand and have the ability to expose wide and far on the OM's side. Don't stop looking.

You can ASK your MIL to stop supporting the affair. It is in her best interest to support your daughter, her marriage and her grandchildren. I seriously doubt she wants to be an affair facilitator, does she?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
The longer the affair goes on, the more entrenched and the harder it will be to bust up the affair.

Your MIL is not helpful to allow your w to stay there. That does not help your marriage, it helps the AFFAIR.

Exposure 101

L
OP Offline
L
Ill keep hunting for OM wife. And keep trying to get MIL to step up and put foot down.I know WS sister did.

B
B
Here on how to tell your 6yo. Also listen to the radio clips in here.
Exposing to Children

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
Do you know anyone from their workplace that can give you OM's address or OM's BW's contact information?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
OP Offline
L
Nope OM lived 15+ miles away and commuted to the job in our town. And the company would give me nothing. WS and OM "quit" so that records could be sealed. They signed confidentiallity agreements. The companies way of avoiding paying unemployment

L
OP Offline
L
I have told my 6yo about OM now and that mom is choosing him over being with me. I also showed her a picture and told his name

Last edited by Lostsnowflk; 09/11/16 07:03 PM.
L
OP Offline
L
What about life and our home in the meantime? Do proceed as though WS is never to return. Or do i preserve our lifestyle best i can?

L
OP Offline
L
How does one keep the strength and faith, While they wait for the affair to die? Even after exposure, itll take some time. Until then i deal with the thoughts of them romping and continuing their affair!

L
OP Offline
L
I have Facebook message exposed what appears to be OM sister, mother, and father. Sister and mother appear to have seen the message, but no response. I also FB messaged OM wife, and two sisters. None of which appear to have seen the message. And i tried to reach OM wife through her work, with no response yet.

M
M
I have Facebook message exposed what appears to be OM sister, mother, and father. Sister and mother appear to have seen the message, but no response. I also FB messaged OM wife, and two sisters. None of which appear to have seen the message. And i tried to reach OM wife through her work, with no response yet.

Good job! keep it up!!! Don't give up until you have spoken to the OMW and his parents. I would message the sister and parents again and ask them to call you.

Exposure 101

L
OP Offline
L
Reached OM wife. They were going to counseling and still sleeping together after DDay. My WS is pissed, that i told our daught that joe was stealing her away. That i called around to figure out the truth regarding OM new employment location. And that i talked to OM wife. She called me childish and wants to know what i hope to gain by doing these things. I said "im sorry your upset. I never lied, just the truth" and "i love you, i care about you, i know you, these lies arent you, i love you.

L
OP Offline
L
Well OM parents are covering for him. And their a good chance my MIL is covering for WS

M
M
Reached OM wife. They were going to counseling and still sleeping together after DDay. My WS is pissed, that i told our daught that joe was stealing her away. That i called around to figure out the truth regarding OM new employment location. And that i talked to OM wife. She called me childish and wants to know what i hope to gain by doing these things. I said "im sorry your upset. I never lied, just the truth" and "i love you, i care about you, i know you, these lies arent you, i love you.

Did you tell the OM's wife that the affair is still active? What is the status with them?

I would get everything out in the open by talking to your wife's mother and bringing her up to date. Will the OMW give you his parents contact information?

Exposure 101

M
M
Well OM parents are covering for him. And their a good chance my MIL is covering for WS

What do you mean by this? Have you personally spoken to the OM's parents?

Exposure 101

M
M
Please be very specific in your posts. I am very confused about what is happening and shouldb't have to ask a million questions to understand. for example, why did your wife call you childish? What happened?

Exposure 101

L
OP Offline
L
Yes i told OM wife it was still active. She had suspicions. And OM never confessed about sexual nature prior. My WS called me childish for exposing to our daughter and figuring her lies about how close his new job is to our family. OM wife and i have been putting the puzzle peices together all day with each other to unearth truth from lie as my WS is getting good with half truths

M
M
Yes i told OM wife it was still active. She had suspicions. And OM never confessed about sexual nature prior. My WS called me childish for exposing to our daughter and figuring her lies about how close his new job is to our family. OM wife and i have been putting the puzzle peices together all day with each other to unearth truth from lie as my WS is getting good with half truths

Will the OMW contact your MIL? Will she give you the contact information for OM's parents? Are you working together to kill the affair?

Exposure 101

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation