Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2887377 09/23/16 04:36 PM
R
RookKev Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hey all... probably most of you don't know me.. that's ok by me. But what I do hope you know is that you can do it. You can decide to survive this and make it. It's been 13 years almost now. I wish I could tell you everything was roses and all that .. but, well, that wouldn't be a real marriage now would it. Bad thoughts still come to mind, but I think if you think back a long ways, you'll remember you had some bad thoughts about other relationships prior to your spouse also. The point is though, that we are still together, and do love each other.

Anyways... feel free to scrub back and search my name and story... i just was hoping to encourage someone, you can make it through this...

9 years now ... and some days you still say grrr!
Hang in there.
RookKev #2887380 09/23/16 08:55 PM
M
M
RookKev, thanks for the update. It has been 16 years for my H and I. We went through the MB program in 2007 and I am here to tell you that everything they promised has been true for us. We truly have a passionate, romantic, integrated marriage. We no longer fight because we learned how to skillfully negotiate decisions. WE go out on 4-5 dates a week and hate being apart during the day.

Today at work, I got 16 sexy texts from him. [I threatened to call the police grin] He took me out on a hot date tonight for a long ride and a fantastic fish dinner. I wore an outfit he loves and looked my best. In many ways everything is roses and I am grateful for the Marriage Builders program for giving me a marriage that is better than what we ever had before the affair. It really works!!

This is why I am so passionate about paying it forward! laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Hey Rookkev,

Thanks for the update.

Been 11+ years for Mrs. Wondering and myself as well.

Never could have accomplished all that we have without Dr. Harley, this forum and the MB plans. We would have just rug swept the whole thing and missed out really understanding what it means to be a good spouse, parent and individual.

I encourage anyone reading this to register and seek help. You're not alone and you are important. I know it's overwhelming and you might even be trying to read and figure it all out on your own; however, though there are many similarities your story is unique and new to you and you've never experienced these challenging circumstances before so the tendency is to read and read and read and come up with excuses for doing nothing. You've got to register and ask for help with a willingness to listen and take action to save your spouse and family.

The FREE advice you'll get here is invaluable.

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,097 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation