Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
RickyH Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Her only real complaint is that the MB program is to much of a commitment right now. On the other hand,I am very committed to the program and do try to follow it very closely, I think that the fact that I'm am so in and she isn't, probably is making me much to pushy, which she is taking as very disrespectful. Since my first post I have quit pushing it on her and I've started letting her move at her own pace. We're still spending time together but with no relationship talk. My approach now is to slow down some and do nothing to upset her. As far as the exposure to the OM's wife, I know how important that step is, so I'm working out a plan to get it done.

R
RickyH Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Ok, we finally made a small step.. After 2 weeks of absolutely no LB's and no talk about the marriage, she opened up to me. 7 months since any genuine affectionate talk or touch and a finally flicker of hope. Your advice is all much appreciated.
New problem, now I don't know how to act, or respond, I've poured so much effort into getting her on board that I'm in a slight state of shock. How can I be sure it's genuine? It's very very hard now to be myself, for the fear of another false recovery. as far as I know, up until the affair, my wife had been the most honest person that I know. Now I wouldn't trust her any farther than I could throw her, so I'm very skeptical on how to handle this.
We have a ton of issues that must be addressed sooner than later, the most important being a SSL, should I continue just being the best I can be and then address these issues after I'm sure she's on board, or dive into them now? She's starting to come around on this but my constant over the shoulder act has driven her crazy

R
RickyH Offline OP
OP Offline
R
It's been awhile, but here I go. Exposure has been done, no one was skipped. it was very successful, a definite tsunami effect but 6 months late. We have been separated for almost two months now but remain in constant contact and see each other almost everyday. I was strongly against the separation but she made it happen and it's turned out to be a disaster, because the affair bloomed once again, #5 for me. Our family is completely exhausted. What now? It's been a week since exposure and just at a loss for my next step. Do I try to get her home? Do I continue trying to work it out using mb principles? Do I let exposure sink in for awhile and see what happens? How about plan b? Anything? Thanks

B
B
Why did you leave your home?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
Originally Posted by RickyH
It's been awhile, but here I go. Exposure has been done, no one was skipped. it was very successful, a definite tsunami effect but 6 months late. We have been separated for almost two months now but remain in constant contact and see each other almost everyday. I was strongly against the separation but she made it happen and it's turned out to be a disaster, because the affair bloomed once again, #5 for me. Our family is completely exhausted. What now? It's been a week since exposure and just at a loss for my next step. Do I try to get her home? Do I continue trying to work it out using mb principles? Do I let exposure sink in for awhile and see what happens? How about plan b? Anything? Thanks

Ricky, this is not clear at all. Why did you separate? WHEN did you separate? to whom did you expose? when did you find out the affair had resumed? Does the OMW know?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
RickyH Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I'm sorry I was not more clear, I did not leave the home, she did. And yes the other man's wife knows she moved out on April 1, 2017 I found out the affair was still going on last Friday. The other man's wife called me, I have known about it for almost a year, she had just found out. I basically teamed up with the other man's wife and we did the full exposure together, The other man's wife took care of letting my wife's work know and I took care of letting her husband's work know.She let all of her husbands family know and friends, also on my side our whole family was already clued in.

M
M
Did you tell her you have known for a long time?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
And why did you separate? What brought this about?

Exposure 101

B
B
In addition to MelodyLane's questions did you expose to your children?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

R
RickyH Offline OP
OP Offline
R
We separated after our 4th dday, she basically left, said to figure things out, all complete lies, everything she said was and still is either a lie or partial truth. Yes all three daughters know and have known since the beginning. I also told the OM's wife that I'd known for almost a year. She wasn't happy but understood.

M
M
We separated after our 4th dday, she basically left, said to figure things out, all complete lies, everything she said was and still is either a lie or partial truth. Yes all three daughters know and have known since the beginning. I also told the OM's wife that I'd known for almost a year. She wasn't happy but understood.

You are fortunate she didn't slap you for doing that to her. I would not have understood if you did that to me. Glad she finally found out.

My suggestion would be to get ready for Plan B sometime in the near future. You have been dealing with this for a very long time and it is bound to start having some ill effects on your mental and physical health.

You might have mentioned this but have you filed for divorce so you are legally protected? Filing does not mean you have to get divorced but you definitely need legal protection so she doesn't inflict long term damage on your finances. you can file and then drag it out to see if her affair ends.

Exposure 101

R
RickyH Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I really need a solid plan this time, the affair started in April 2016, I found out on July 8th, and have lived this every since, my wife has threatened divorce 100 times since then but has not even sought legal advice. The hardest part of dealing with this is the constant reassurance that it has ended, but it never has. My wife is very popular in our county, we farm and she sells real estate and has for many years. She is active in our church, she's on numerous boards in the county. This hit her very very hard and it's just beginning. I'm afraid if this exposure doesn't do the trick I may have do get drastic

R
RickyH Offline OP
OP Offline
R
MelodyLane, I respect your advice, but why file for divorce now, other than the obvious? It's only been 6 days since exposure should I not see if this kills it, or is the simple fact that it's gone on this long enough to say enough is enough?

B
B
Has there been any fallout to either of them for the workplace exposure?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

R
RickyH Offline OP
OP Offline
R
His wife threatened calling the Kansas board of ethics and real estate commission

B
B
His wife threatened calling the Kansas board of ethics and real estate commission
Was there any consequences that they had to endure from the workplace exposures?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

R
RickyH Offline OP
OP Offline
R
No consequences as of yet other than reputations

M
M
MelodyLane, I respect your advice, but why file for divorce now, other than the obvious? It's only been 6 days since exposure should I not see if this kills it, or is the simple fact that it's gone on this long enough to say enough is enough?

The reason you should file for divorce now is a) so you have legal protection and b) you have an advantage while she is fogged out. She is in a very reckless, selfish state of mind and can cause enormous damage to you unless take steps to protect yourself legally. It is bad enough she is having an affair, you don't want to also have to deal with legal ramifications that could harm you for years to come.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by filing for divorce.

I will also tell you that exposure is very unlikely to make a difference at this point. You waited so long that it will have very little effect, if any, at all. The longer you wait, the less impact it has. The affair - and her wayward mindset - has been allowed to become very entrenched over this time. So, if she dumps the OM, it is unlikely she will come back to you.

Exposure 101

S
S
You're in the online programme, aren't you? Have you told your coach and Dr Harley about the latest developments? What do they say?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
U
U

What is the purpose of 'threatening' anything at this point? I would recommend you do this if the OM's BW does not. If I remember this was a client which means she was working for this couple as a realtor, and proceeded to have an affair with the husband. This IS highly unethical and should be reported.

Obviously if you do repair your marriage (unlikely due to the fact that the affair was enabled for also long), she would need to quit this job anyway as she cannot be trusted to have male clients. Reporting it now will be your best chance at bringing the full ramifications of the affair down on her and there is a small chance that could bust it up.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation