Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23
D
OP Offline
D
The Vets are great on this site, so I thank them for their time. I need to get big boy pants on and get some advice. Here's my story.

I've been on this site throughout the years but I never posted. I am BH 46 and WW is 43. I've been married 20 years with 2 kids, 17 & 13. My WW had an affair after we moved in 2006. I originally thought it was an emotional affair but found out recently that it was physical so never got truth in recovery. My WW had another affair a couple years later. I found this site, bought Dr. Harley's book, put some basics in place and killed the affair. I couldn't confirm that it was physical affair but it was definitely emotional. I would say that I didn't do everything perfect but we went in recovery doing it on my own.

A few years later I get an anonymous email saying that there was some suspicious activity at her work place. I identified the person and then He and another person got fired. 2 weeks later, WW got fired and lied to me (I found out the truth recently), so something was not right.

Fast forward to 10/2016. My 17yr old comes home to tell me that he was told from a friend that WW slept with an 18yr old student at his school. The boy told 2 friends which got back to my son. Son confirmed that the boy told the the other 2 kids. Boy later denied. WW was adamant it was false. This seems hard to believe with her, but with cheaters, anything is possible. I had no proof, and she was accounted for. Begs me to stay with her and not leave her. She agrees to additional transparency.

On 3/4, there was some time unaccounted for and suspicious explanation - picking up 13 yr old but took extra time. I couldn't get a hold of her. I asked why her phone was off. She says she just denied my call. I ask to see her phone because the call would be logged, WW refused and got really angry, says she's not doing it (which refusing to see phone is against our agreement), I got angry and said we were done. I told her I didn't trust her and that hurt her feelings. We start sleeping in separate rooms.

By Monday, I try to defuse the situation and offer to start sleeping in the same room and working through it. She then tells me that I am smothering her, and that she needs her space and wants a divorce because she needs her old self back and she's not happy, and she can't make me happy. WW says there is no other guy, and she needs time to find herself.

Next day, I surprised her when she had a secret phone. At first I thought it was my sons. I turned around and it was gone. I asked her if she had 2 phones and she says no, only the one.

Later, she says can't find herself with me in the same house. WW counsels with a lawyer which told her to remove all the accountability measures. I went into Plan A.

Friday (Day after tracking went off), she acted like she went to work but didn't. I texted her and said I would drop by lunch and a gift at work. She calls me and said that she went into work and was crying and they told her to take a personal day (This is a lie, she actually called into work), so she tells me she went to a nearby city to the mall instead of going home (She told me this after my text). I said great, let me come have lunch with you, she refused. I was upset but kept my cool, I later called her and said I wanted to talk to her. That night, I tell her enough is enough and agree to start discussing divorce. Talks do not go well, especially about kids. I start Plan A to help calm the situation. She goes back and forth between wanting a divorce and not knowing what she wants. Unfortunately, I am not keeping my cool and go back and forth as well. Tonight, I hear her talking on the phone. The call is not on her phone, so I have another confirmation that she has a secret phone.

I feel stupid. Serial Cheater but I still love her. This is her first threat of divorce. I would love to save my marriage, but I'm not sure if anything will change. Should I just give up and not bother, or get the intel on who's the other man.

Looking for some advice on next steps. Let me know if you need more details.

B
B
Welcome to MB and sorry for the pain that has brought you here.

Have you ever exposed any of her affairs? Do your children know?

What spyware do you have in place? Do you have a VAR in her vehicle? A GPS on her vehicle?

Have you been tested for STDs?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

H
H
what do your kids think of their mother sleeping with a student is she a teacher?

M
M
Originally Posted by DeepSorrow
Looking for some advice on next steps. Let me know if you need more details.

Hello Deepsorrow, the massive, 50 ton elephant in the room is the fact that you don't know any details. Her affairs have been going on for YEARS because she has been allowed to live a secret second life. You have been given clue after clue after clue but haven't ever acted on it.

I would stop accusing and asking and hire a PI. Get some super snooping in place and find out what she is doing now.

Once you do that, you can address the current affair and we will help you get the facts about the past affairs.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
You seem to have a misperception about Plan A. It isn't something that you do every once in a while in response to different situations. It is used continuously. Once you start Plan A, it governs your behavior until you either recover or move on to Plan B.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks for the responses.

I did an okay at exposure on the second affair. Pastor, friends, family, confronted affair partner to run him off. I did not tell the kids which I should have done according to Dr. Harley. Exposure killed the affairs, but she keeps going back for more so I screwed up on the EPs.

My oldest son knows everything. My youngest does not.

As far as spy equipment, I put a VAR in the bedroom today. It should catch intel as she talks on the secret phone at night. I am considering buying one for the car and setup a GPS. My plan is to get some more information so that I can then give it to a PI - Time, dates, places. I have not been tested for STDs. My son was very angry about the student. WW is a Para at another school in a nearby town.

MelodyLane - You are right, I have been accusing and that is causing more problems. I have to stop because she'll lie anyway and goes into Fog babble. I've got the VAR in place for spy mode.

MrEureka - I'm in Plan A right now. What you are seeing is that I was waffling and love busting. I'm back on track and intend to stay there.

My family and some of my close friends think enough if enough!

Another fact I left out is that she took half the funds from our bank account and didn't tell me. I found out yesterday and she said that her parents advised to protect herself. I've looked for a good lawyer to get some advice but can't get into see him until next week. I'm not sure how to handle this.

Let me know if my plan is right. Thanks!

D
OP Offline
D

I've invited her to watch TV tonight, kind of a date night at home. She will still kiss me and hug me only when we leave for work and go to our separate beds. No other affection and definitely wants to be alone at night to carry on her affair.

M
M
I've invited her to watch TV tonight, kind of a date night at home. She will still kiss me and hug me only when we leave for work and go to our separate beds. No other affection and definitely wants to be alone at night to carry on her affair.

I would place 1000% effort on getting the intel and exposing her affair. There is very little hope here because she is a serial cheater. I wager she has had many, many affairs. She does not fall into affairs, she is out actively looking for action, wouldn't you agree? Most affairs are not purposeful like this so you are in a difficult situation that is likely going to end in divorce.

This is a distraction.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
I bet your kids and many other people know all about her affairs. Have you asked around? What does your older son know about her past?

Exposure 101

M
M
My family and some of my close friends think enough if enough!

I would have to agree. The only way you will make it is if she makes such radical changes in her lifestyle that it would be impossible to cheat. For example, you would need to find a way to be together 24/7 and even then she might be likely to cheat.

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D

Melody - Making sure I understand, don't worry much about spending time with her? Just put 1000% effort into intel ASAP? I'll get another VAR. I agree she is the one looking for action. I didn't always believe that, but you nailed it.

I just shared my situation with a friend I go to church with. He said that his wife was regularly having lunch with my WW, and my WW said something that she was doing. My friends wife told her she was sinning and that she would not go to lunch anymore. My friends wife called me stupid.

WW mother slipped up and told me about another man that she'd heard about. Yes, I think there are a lot, and she is a serial cheater.

I discussed the affairs with my older son after the school rumor. My son shared with me that when he was 6 or 7, he walked out into the living room and a man and WW on the couch and saw oral. Just found that out recently. Also she then fessed that affair was physical 2 other times which I think is a lie. My son also told me that she previously had a secret phone when he was younger. He said he found it on 2 occasions and remembered it was a grey flip phone. Of course, WW lied about it.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I would have to agree. The only way you will make it is if she makes such radical changes in her lifestyle that it would be impossible to cheat. For example, you would need to find a way to be together 24/7 and even then she might be likely to cheat.

The 24/7 will not work and that is what is causing this latest blow-up. The accountability is smothering her causing problems with her affairs. She doesn't want to change.

D
OP Offline
D

Melody
I have problems accusing as you pointed out. I needed facts. Messed up, but that is too late now. She uses the accusing as a reason to get rid of EPs. My bad there.

U
U
Melody
I have problems accusing as you pointed out. I needed facts. Messed up, but that is too late now. She uses the accusing as a reason to get rid of EPs. My bad there.

You realize though, that 'accusing' is not going to get you facts. You are dealing with a serial cheater who has probably spent your entire marriage living a SSL and gaslighting you about it. She is a gifted liar and manipulator, more so than the average cheater actually. Accusing her or asking her is only going to get you gaslighting and fogbabble, not facts.

U
U
As ML advised, put 100% of your effort into getting the intel about her current affair. Even if this heads to divorce, you should find out the details so you can expose.

If it were me I would also spend some time sleuthing through things to find out about past affairs (computer history, texting history, etc.). In your case, I don't think you will ever know all the details of the past, but it is possible you could use any information you find to further expose if you want to.

Ultimately, this is headed for divorce. You said yourself that she has no willingness to live a life of accountability and will not give up her SSL or affairs. Because of that this will happen again, and again, and again. Unless you are willing to live like this forever (nobody deserves this death of a thousand cuts) I would also start preparing for divorce.

D
OP Offline
D

So I will use exposure for Divorce? What's the rationale of Divorce exposure?

U
U
Exposure is beneficial whether you recover the marriage, or divorce and have personal recovery.

If the OM's have unsuspecting wives and families, they should know about your WW so they can protect themselves (and because telling them the truth is the right thing to do).

Telling your family and friends will give you support.

Finding out the facts (not just the heresay you have had about some of these affairs) may help you in terms of custody and divorce.

But the number one reason I am going to tell you to get the facts, is so that you can do a proper exposure to your children. Her behavior in front of and her complete disregard for your children is alarming. Her young son caught her having oral sex with her OM. There is no telling what your other children have heard or witnessed. The fact that her young son caught her, and then she later had sex with a student who told other students that were friends of your son who then told your son, SOBERING experiences for most cheaters even those in the fog, tells me she has absolutely no care in the world what your children are exposed to.

Your children have been brought up with a serial cheating mom, who not only takes risks, but seems to be careless at hiding the evidence of her affairs. They need to know the truth. They need you to explain to them that this behavior is wrong. They need to know that the secrets they have painstakingly been keeping from you are not their burden to carry. They need to learn the truth about their lives, which have been damaged by affairs for years. And they need you to be their moral compass.

D
OP Offline
D

Well said unwritten.

H
H
You may want to let on that you should cooperate and be friends for the kids sake. Stop asking her to show her phone and tell her you are sorry she feels smothered. You want her to lower her guard without lying to her.

me, DH
all the children
H
H
so your son saw all of that well she's been cheating for years
she has no respect for you bro.
good luck.

M
M
Melody

No, that is not your bad, it is hers. It only means she is using your accusation as an excuse to do what she was going to do anyway.

i am sorry to say this, but your best option is to begin divorce proceedings. This is a hopeless case. I would get legal protection immediately, while you continue to snoop to find out the WHO. Not that really means anything at this point. I am sure there have been many. Like I said earlier, I am sure many, many people know about this.

You should also get checked for STDs right away. So sorry.

Exposure 101

M
M
So I will use exposure for Divorce? What's the rationale of Divorce exposure?

You would expose the affairs so everyone knows why your marriage is ending. Everything should be out in the open, including the names of these OM.

Exposure 101

M
M
I discussed the affairs with my older son after the school rumor. My son shared with me that when he was 6 or 7, he walked out into the living room and a man and WW on the couch and saw oral. Just found that out recently. Also she then fessed that affair was physical 2 other times which I think is a lie. My son also told me that she previously had a secret phone when he was younger. He said he found it on 2 occasions and remembered it was a grey flip phone. Of course, WW lied about it.

I would take out both of your boys and have a private heart to heart about this. There is much more, I am sure. They are very confused because they have been taught that wrong is right and that impression has been validated by you by not saying or doing anything. I would just do this now. It is ok to keep spying, but you don't need any more information to move forward. I am sure the whole community knows everything.

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D

I understand what you all are saying. Tonight was not a good night. WW gets mad because I've talked to a couple of close friends about the affairs. She is extremely mad although that was several days ago that she found out. She unloaded on me tonight, saying that is totally uncalled for. I think this is starting to mess up the dream of replacing me with the OM because of what people might think. She is on the phone with him now, so I hope to have some intel tomorrow. It will likely be hard to get a name with one side of the conversation. She is extremely irrational, yelling at the kids, yelling at me, and blaming everyone but herself.

I have a lawyer meeting next Thursday, but I feel I need to get in earlier. My 13 yr old broke down tonight. I am going to talk to my boys, but want to do it one time after I find out who this OM is. I'm so mad because this OM is messing up my family and WW doesn't understand what she's doing. She does not accept anything positive and focuses on the negative.

I know this marriage may be over, but I need help to stay in it until I can protect from any further damage.

I need help with what to do and how to act. Thanks!

M
M
I need help with what to do and how to act. Thanks!

I would get in with your attorney right away if you can. I would go ahead and sit the 13 down and have talk with him. I am sure he knows quite a bit already. When you find the ID of the OM you can tell him. He is probably very confused and may even believe you endorse her adultery.

My father was also a serial cheater and was introducing me to his girlfriends as early as age 4. Since my mother never said anything was wrong with this, I just assumed what seemed very wrong to me was not wrong. I learned very early not to trust my instincts about right and wrong. I grew up very morally confused.

Can you hire a PI?

Exposure 101

B
B
I just shared my situation with a friend I go to church with. He said that his wife was regularly having lunch with my WW, and my WW said something that she was doing. My friends wife told her she was sinning and that she would not go to lunch anymore. My friends wife called me stupid.

What does your friend's Wife know? Could she know the latest OM?
What was it that your WW told your friend's wife?

Can you hire a PI?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

D
OP Offline
D

I am SO disappointed... The VAR didn't work last night and I did not get any intel. I must have flipped it off when I hid it.

I first talked to my 17 yr old son. The tension started last night because he did not turn in homework. My WW was very angry and that led into the fight last night. I asked 17 to do everything he can to keep peace in the house - do his homework, etc. Him and I also talked about the affair with student. I told him that I was wrong for allowing it, and everything else that went on in the past. My 17 said that he felt I let her off the hook and it was wrong to do that so he was pretty perceptive.

I also talked to 13yr old. He overheard the conversation/fight with WW and got his info about Affair from that. I talked to him that this was inappropriate and has been going on a long time and that I should have done something about it. I think it helped him. He didn't seem to have anything more examples of how he was exposed to her infidelity.

WW calls me this morning steaming mad again. She suspects I am talking to the kids because 17yr old ignored her this morning and I was talking with 13yr old. She then lays into me about telling other people, again & again. I just say that she needs to get over it and move on. She keeps repeating herself trying to beat me up. I keep saying that she needs to get over it. I feel I made a mistake by telling her about my friends. She is stuck on it and is angry as a hornet.

I will look into PI today. I am anticipating the closest PI will be pretty far away.

I am upset and I keep trying to make up with her to resolve the conflict and it is not working so I need a different approach.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
What does your friend's Wife know? Could she know the latest OM?
What was it that your WW told your friend's wife?

I asked my friend but he said she didn't know the details. I don't think it's the same OM.

M
M
WW calls me this morning steaming mad again. She suspects I am talking to the kids because 17yr old ignored her this morning and I was talking with 13yr old. She then lays into me about telling other people, again & again. I just say that she needs to get over it and move on. She keeps repeating herself trying to beat me up. I keep saying that she needs to get over it. I feel I made a mistake by telling her about my friends. She is stuck on it and is angry as a hornet.

I am upset and I keep trying to make up with her to resolve the conflict and it is not working so I need a different approach.

I think one of the reasons this has been allowed to go on for so long is you get upset when she is upset and do anything to create peace. Conflict avoidance causes more conflict. Would you agree? I would stop trying to do this and instead, stop getting into fights with her. Of course she will be upset about exposures. There is nothing wrong with that. Just say "sorry you are upset," but the kids need to be fully informed of the situation.

Tell her you have spoken to the kids and [whomever else] to get their perspectives. They all know she has had affairs and you aim to ensure that everyone knows. You need to be LOUD AND PROUD about this.

Have you spoken to the parents of the teenage boy she had the affair with?

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
Have you spoken to the parents of the teenage boy she had the affair with?

The boy lives with his grandmother. I'm not sure of the story, but I think his parents were unfit due to drug abuse and the grandmother stepped in at a early age. I don't see that he has any relationship with his parents and don't know anything about them.

And... there's is more to his story. January, a story hit the TV news that a teacher in our district had an affair with at least 2 students. This teacher had a history in other districts and she was allow to continue. The student was married to HS principle so it was big news. Well, one of the students was the same one that said he slept with WW. Affair with WW happened the end of October.

I had heard the grandma may have been one of the people that turned this story into the school/police. I'm not sure the details. I don't really know her and I'm not sure of her name.

D
OP Offline
D
Tell her you have spoken to the kids and [whomever else] to get their perspectives. They all know she has had affairs and you aim to ensure that everyone knows. You need to be LOUD AND PROUD about this.

I want to do this by text if I can.

"I'm not going to fight anymore about who I talk to. I am trying to get their perspective. Our friends and family already know you've had affairs"

I don't necessarily want to threaten her about telling everyone. I want to do it and then deal with fallout. She will just do everything in her power to keep me from telling people. Thoughts?

H
H
TELL EVERYONE.
your wife has no morals.

D
OP Offline
D

OK folks. VAR has confirmed that there is another man as expected. More details coming as I found out more.

D
OP Offline
D

Do I tell the kids?

B
B
Do I tell the kids?
Yes. Have you read the exposure thread?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B
Have you read this? Exposing to Children

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

M
M
Do I tell the kids?

yes. And I would also expose to the OM's family and friends FIRST.

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D

Well, I don't have the name of the OM but I am considering telling the kids that she is in an affair.

B
B
Well, I don't have the name of the OM but I am considering telling the kids that she is in an affair.
How is she talking to him? Can you get spyware on her devices?

Are you still hiring a PI?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

D
OP Offline
D

I confirmed the affair with a VAR in the bedroom. She is using a secret phone. I'm not sure if I will find out who it is or whether it matters with this marriage headed for divorce. I am ready to expose but I won't be able to expose OM.

D
OP Offline
D

I have talked to a PI, but I need more info so that I can catch her.

M
M
I confirmed the affair with a VAR in the bedroom. She is using a secret phone. I'm not sure if I will find out who it is or whether it matters with this marriage headed for divorce. I am ready to expose but I won't be able to expose OM.

Don't EXPOSE until you have the name and have verified who it is. You have nothing to expose yet.

Exposure 101

M
M
I have talked to a PI, but I need more info so that I can catch her.

such as? Why can't he follow her?

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D

He can, but she's extremely careful right now, not doing anything outside of normal schedules to tip me off, and I am wanting to get information on a rendezvous so that I have a better chance.

A
A
Try when she might take a break at work, like lunch time.

D
OP Offline
D
Here's my suggested plan -

1. Get a VAR and a phone with GPS in her car.

2. I have a friend that I was considering visiting on Saturday and I had mentioned it to her several days ago. After I let her know, she will schedule something and I in another car or PI can follow her. I think she will schedule something with OM.

3. I will try to keep everything on the down low until I find who the OM is and get into see a lawyer. File paperwork to divorce, wait for her to be served, and then EXPOSE. The surprise of the Divorce and Exposure will send her in a spiral and I may be able to negotiate a settlement with her.

D
OP Offline
D

Wife already took half the joint bank account to a personal account. I moved the other half this morning. Wife found out and was MAD! Funny how it is okay for her.

H
H
hope everything goes well for you dude!

D
OP Offline
D

Thanks Hylton7!! I hope. She's already planning to marry this dude. She's wanting to get the house sold and then split. I'm trying not to fight and still playing along that I do not know anything. It's really hard. I'm pretty sad.

I'll take any encouragement by posters!!

B
B
Are you documenting everything?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B
Get that VAR and GPS in her car ASAP.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B
What was her reason that she took half the money?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

D
OP Offline
D

I found out from the VAR in the bedroom that she is leaving on Saturday.

What do I do?

M
M
I found out from the VAR in the bedroom that she is leaving on Saturday.

What do I do?

Did you hire the PI yet?

Exposure 101

A
A
Secure all important documents and valuables now.

H
H
please keep us updated

D
OP Offline
D

I have contacted a PI but have not found a good time for him to come. I don't live close to the city, so it's going to set me back a lot of $$ to just get him here. I will do it. She has been staying pretty clear of suspicion to not throw me off.

My next spy technique - I bought the biggest external battery as possible and using a phone for GPS. I was very scared that she would hide her car keys so I slipped it in tonight. Unfortunately, I didn't get the battery fully charged. Didn't get the VAR in there. Time is running out for intel without a PI.

What do I document? I guess I could videotape all the household items.

I think she is also leaving so she doesn't have to pay half the bills. Seems like her lawyer told her something about it.

I want to expose but I know I need the name. I'm hoping GPS will lead me to OM.

My 17 yr old knows that I'm trying to find out OM name. She is getting ready to take the kids with her. He is staying quiet. If he doesn't go with her, she will have a problem. She's being really nice to the kids right now.

I'm trying to think of valuables that she might take. We are trying to sell our house so I don't think she'll take furniture for now. Tomorrow I can empty the gun safe and take them somewhere I guess. I did secure some money, which I think made her speed up the timetable.

I'll start looking at exposure. Is it different for divorce?

D
OP Offline
D
Brainhurts - she said that she took half to protect herself. Said her parents advised her to. I have heard of men taking all money and have read this is a protection for spouses. WW is planning getting extra jobs.

What does people do with credit cards in these situations???

Do I need to shut them down? Help!!!!

D
OP Offline
D
Thinking ahead about exposure...

WW works as a paraprofessional at a middle school. She is assigned to a special needs kid who is autistic. This is her second year with him so she is attached. The boys parents are pretty well known in our town, and I happen to know the boys father pretty well. He had been a victim to adultery with his first wife and it was a bad situation. I also work with him. He built a family with a new wife and seems happy. Both the mother and father love my wife and her work with their son.

When exposure comes, I think it would be in the best interest that they know. I'm not sure they would want their child with a lying, cheating, adulterer. Anyway, I would think they would call the school and have her removed from her assignment. This will make her so mad at me, she may never talk to me again.

I guess I will not have to deal with her wrath as much after she leaves. Please keep the comments coming. It motivates me to tell more of the story.

My 13yr old won't know what to do, and will likely go with his mom because he will think it's the right thing to do. I'm sad because he has been REALLY trying to play cards or games to have fun and break the tension in the house. He is such a great kid with a good heart. Unfortunately, he doesn't know how bad his mom is. She has been a good mother taking care of him, but a bad wife and mother supporting our family. This sucks!!

D
OP Offline
D

The leaving may occur Friday. On the VAR, she is just saying a couple days to get through the school week. I could see her come home early and try to get kids to leave with her. My kids only go a half day on Friday. She works until 3:15 and I work until 5:00. Anything I should do to prepare?

D
OP Offline
D

I know God will lead me to happiness after all of this is over. I should have dealt with this a long time ago. I've been completely loyal in all my years with her.

I guess I will set up a doctor appointment for STD testing.

D
OP Offline
D
I found a really good article for a pre-divorce checklist.

I hid important documents for now in my house. I will get them out of the house and take to my office at work.

The realtor is coming tomorrow. After she's done, I will move guns and ammo to truck and get them to a friend.

I've already got a separate bank account. I'm thinking about calling credit card company tomorrow to see if I can limit exposure.

I will probably have to pay all bills. I expect her to move her paycheck to he own account. I don't know if it is smart to shut off her phone. I'll look at what bills to eliminate and get it down to a minimum.

I don't have many heirlooms around the house.

P
P
Hello Deep,

I am by far no expert, and am going through raw trauma same as many others here, so if a veteran member has better advice, please listen to them instead.

(All of the below is based only on my personal experience)

I do however have intimate knowledge of just how vicious and out of control a WW can get. If it were me, I would bring the children to someone else's house before she leaves. In my case the children were with me for a full year, but once she stole them, when I was not there, I was first lied to about their return, then finally had to hire a lawyer and file an emergency petition to see them again. 5 months from the time she took them to the time I saw them again. They came back poisoned against me.
I of course have no idea if you might fear any of this, but I would call in sick, take half a day, tell them the truth. It doesn't matter.
Pick the kids up from school early, or call them in sick, and tell them it's a trip to grandma's or where ever.

I would also report the cards missing. In my case, she secretly stole 1000's during her affair, and 1000's more after.

Hide valuables... including jewelry. Especially yours. (you can guess why I say this)

Change the locks on the house doors.
(I came home one day to find most of the furniture gone. On another it was brand new computers)

Change the lock on your mailbox, or get a post office box.

It was too late for me on any of these things, because I could not comprehend or believe these things would happen. Be safe.

M
M
She is getting ready to take the kids with her.

I would not let her take the kids. You should not go along with that. You are the only sane person in this scenario and need to protect them.

Refresh my memory, have you told the younger one she is having an affair? If not, I would tell him now so he can protect himself. Tell him that he is not to leave with her.

Exposure 101

B
B
Here DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT

And carry a VAR on yourself whenever you're in contact with her to protect yourself from a false DV charge.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

U
U
Do you have a lawyer yet? If not, I would definitely go get some counsel from one immediately. Even in a free consultation you should be able to get some legal advice on how to protect yourself.

It seems to me you think she is entitled to do this however she wants to, she is not. Pick the kids up from school early, be there so that she cannot just remove them without your involvement.

This is not just about divorce, it is about your fogged out wayward going to probably shack up with some guy you don't even know. Don't let your kids get sucked into that situation. Not only should they not be forced to leave their own home, but who knows what kind of guy this is or what he could do to your kids. It does not seem like she is very picky about her affair partner choices frown

Yes the family of her charge should be exposed to, considering she has had sex with one of her troubled students in the past. She is not safe to be a paraprofessional working with kids.

D
OP Offline
D
I told younger son that she had affairs. At the time I didn't have proof of the current affair. Older son knows what is going on fully. I've told him everything but I asked him to keep it on the down-low until we find out who.

So talk to my son?? I think I have one more night to get things in order.

She's definitely talking to them about leaving. I think she has younger son convinced. What do I say?

Last edited by DeepSorrow; 03/16/17 08:14 AM.
D
OP Offline
D

I want to expose but I do not have a name. I did get VAR in her Car with a hidden phone to give GPS. VAR in bedroom just gives sickening stuff. I feel like she is in control.

M
M
I told younger son that she had affairs. At the time I didn't have proof of the current affair. Older son knows what is going on fully. I've told him everything but I asked him to keep it on the down-low until we find out who.

So talk to my son?? I think I have one more night to get things in order.

She's definitely talking to them about leaving. I think she has younger son convinced. What do I say?

i would call your lawyer right now and prevent her from taking your kids. In the meantime, speak to your sons and tell them your wife is having an affair and is planning on leaving you for the OM. Let them know that you are taking steps to prevent that, they do not have to go with her.

Exposure 101

A
A
You may need to file asap so she cant take the kids. See an attorney today. Do not wait. Also inform the school.

M
M
I want to expose but I do not have a name. I did get VAR in her Car with a hidden phone to give GPS. VAR in bedroom just gives sickening stuff. I feel like she is in control.

Don't expose [other than what I told you about your sons] until you have a name.

What did you hear on the VAR?

Exposure 101

U
U
Other people can weigh in on this, but in your case, I would consider exposing now even though you don't have a name.

That is not something I would usually recommend, but given the fact that she is a serial cheater who has had numerous affairs for years (many more than you will ever know about I imagine), and has already exposed your kids to years of adultery, and is about to leave and attempt to take them with her and expose them to her new OM, I think blowing this up NOW and filing for divorce to protect yourself and your kids is the best option.

If you have hard evidence that she is in an affair (which you do) that she cannot deny, that is 'evidence that would convince a jury.' Of course it would be best to know her most recent conquest, but at this point, the safety of your children and protecting yourself is more important IMO.

You will possibly hear who it is after doing a thorough exposure, as ML has suggested it is likely that many people in town know about her escapades.

Have you read the Exposure 101 thread? Do you have the template letter ready to go? Do you have an exposure list ready to go? Post your exposure letter here first so we can help you with the wording. I am guessing it will be slightly different from the template since you are not looking to recover your marriage.

NOTE: MelodyLane and I cross posted. ML is an expert at exposure and will not steer your wrong!

Last edited by unwritten; 03/16/17 08:44 AM.
A
A
You may be able to file an emergency order to prevent her from removing the children from the home. The laws in each state vary. Have you called at least 3 attorneys yet? If you dont know who to call, look for a local magazine for a Best of List. ( Example: Dallas has D Magazine. Most medium size towns have these local mags too. If rural, there is usual a regional magazine.)

D
OP Offline
D

I'm going to have to find a different lawyer. The lawyer I want is out until Thursday.

D
OP Offline
D

Talked to a lawyer. With the age of my kids, the lawyer said they can stay with whatever parent they want.

D
OP Offline
D
What did you hear on the VAR?

To her mother - they talk primarily about me and that I am manipulating things. They talked about conversations with her lawyer and that if she moves out, I would end up paying for all the bills for our current residence and she would not have to contribute. WW running the numbers on child support and different options.

To her Lover - They have talked about getting married and where. How they long to be together. Seems like they continue to need affirmation from both sides that they won't back out on getting together once she leaves. Also, all kinds of lovie dovie talk. How they make each other feel. "Feel's Right". Seems like he drinks every night (as does she). They are talking a lot about the kids and what they will do when she leaves. She's worried they won't go with her. She seems to think younger one will now after she talked to him. I plan to get on that right away. We will be at an Honor's society induction tonight for him, so I'm thinking I have one more night before she's gone. Also, she talks about me and how much a jerk I am (normal fog babble)

I have called the Credit Card companies and lowered are limits. They must have texted her because she knew and call me all disgusted. I wanted that undetected. I used the excuse that she will not reconcile so I am getting worried. Probably messed up that one.

Last edited by DeepSorrow; 03/16/17 11:07 AM.
D
OP Offline
D
I got one hint that OM might have a significant other.

WW says "Has she finally quit texting you". WW says "you need to be happy".

D
OP Offline
D

Lawyer did recommend to try and negotiate a divorce settlement while WW is not thinking straight.

M
M
I have called the Credit Card companies and lowered are limits. They must have texted her because she knew and call me all disgusted. I wanted that undetected. I used the excuse that she will not reconcile so I am getting worried. Probably messed up that one.

You only messed up by not lowering the amounts to ZERO or cancelling them. You don't need any excuses. NONE. you are not the one doing something wrogn.

Good job on your plan to speak to the younger boy. I would speak to them both and them all about her plan to run off with this RAT.

Exposure 101

M
M
Lawyer did recommend to try and negotiate a divorce settlement while WW is not thinking straight.

yep!! That is exactly right.

Exposure 101

H
H
let the kids hear the var and tell them about her plans.

J
J
For Pete's sake, the kids don't need to hear the VAR. But they do need to know what their mom is doing and they to hear from you a clear statement that it is wrong. Because another person is involved, they will want to stay with you. Be sure to tell them that this POSOM will be in the picture and you will not abide that. Be clear that they should not even entertain the idea of subjecting themselves to this homewrecker.

H
H
but what if the youngest son believes the mother and goes with her?
keep in mind that she's planing to screw him over.
the two son's need proof.

A
A
A 13 year old does not need to hear his mother talking about sex with her OM. These kids have seen and heard too much already. They need their father to draw clear boundaries.

H
H
yes your right i'm sorry.

P
P
Talked to a lawyer. With the age of my kids, the lawyer said they can stay with whatever parent they want.

(Again, just from my experience)

I am not sure what state you reside in, but my two youngest children are the same ages. (middle child just turned 17) I had this same concern and was told it was the opposite. Both are considered minors until 18 years old. Personally, I would ask the opinion of a second lawyer... if not a third. All will talk with you for free the first time.
I also suggest again, if you allow them to go, then file an emergency petition first thing. Also do what you can to establish their address. I can only guess if she takes them, it is not because she wants them to see or be with you. And think about the likelihood she is going to promote them coming back.

D
OP Offline
D
Update: Kind of good news, took lawyers advice on negotiating divorce. Seemed to work. We made progress and child custody terms were acceptable. Need to get paperwork going ASAP.

I think this may have defused her leaving with kids. I don't think she's confident kids will leave with her. I did talk with 13 yr old. He did everything he could do not to cry. He's a good kid. Older son is a little more bitter at WW. I think she is worried that leaving will cause me not to cooperate and she wants an uncontested settlement.

I feel a little better, but I think I will still struggle living with her. At least she was not as nasty towards me. Much more palatable living here after talking divorce.

She seems sad at marriage ending. She was dragging her feet at filing or talking Divorce for quite awhile. I still feel like a backup plan. I need rid of her. I still love her so it's confusing to my heart and mind.

VAR seems to indicate that they are not talking about things in common like work or people in a circle. Also, no suspicious behavior on GPS. Makes me think this guy lives somewhere that is not convenient. This weekend may provide more intel.

D
OP Offline
D
Melody - here's an idea I want to run by you.

My father-in-law is divorced from MIL many years ago. On the previous WW affairs, I did expose the affair to him prior to mass exposure. I found him to be very trustworthy and he helped me from the inside providing intel and influencing family.

My full focus is running off Mr. RAT. FIL would have the same goal. He would also believe what I say when I tell him she's in an affair and I need to find out who it is to run him off and protect my kids. He will not want Mr. RAT in the family.

MIL is NOT trustworthy and is a problem. FIL usually helps contain MIL.

What's your thoughts on getting FIL's help, or is it too risky because he's an insider (blood thicker than water)? FIL is already helping WW get a new place, provide support. I know this is not exposure protocol, but could help me find out who Mr. RAT is.

Parents have no clue. They are just going on Fog babble.

Last edited by DeepSorrow; 03/17/17 05:13 AM.
M
M
Good idea!

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D

Last night VAR recording was a bunch of phone sex. It does seem like he has a significant other. Not much indication as to place they meet or common friends. They are focused on fantasizing. This sucks because I want to quit snooping and focus on the future, but I'm committed to finding out who the OM is.

I do have a VAR in the car again. Hopefully, they meet up this weekend.

D
OP Offline
D

My suspicion is a PE teacher at the middle school she works at which is making it harder to detect. I'm sure she goes and sees him on breaks. His Facebook says he's engaged but it hasn't been updated for a long time. WW was teasing about him taking the significant to dinner and casino. But she wasn't going to get jealous. I don't know many people at this school, but I'm sure that if this is true, others would be suspicious.

I may be wrong, but we'll see.

I am thinking about telling her I'm going somewhere this weekend and see what she does. Any thoughts on this tactic?

Also, I would assume I keep the affair on the down-low and not expose until I have the divorce paperwork signed (unless she contests the divorce settlement)?

B
B
First, to expose you need evidence.
But when you have evidence that would convince a jury, then I have heard Dr Harley say that if you want to divorce and not recover to wait until it's signed to expose. Then ask for support in exposure to help you heal by yourself.

Married to Pearlseeker for 13 yrs
D
OP Offline
D
ok. Thanks buildsherhouse. I asked to meet with WW to discuss Divorce and got some lame excuse why she couldn't. It may be that she just doesn't want to talk, but I am going on a stakeout to see if I can get evidence.

D
OP Offline
D
GREAT NEWS - I caught the OM!!!!!! Cheaters are stupid!

I'll post the details later.

I will also share my gps snooping technique.

T
T
Good job.

D
OP Offline
D
Here's the story.

I had texted WW to meet to discuss divorce. I got some lame excuse that she was going to help mother change out her bed because her back hurt. I asked her when she'd be done and she said she didn't know. I said text me and we can still go. I find out later she had several other plans.

I borrowed another car that was not mine, had my phone ready to record and staked out her location after school to see if OM was there. Found out that answer was NO. Also her intention was to go look at houses with her mother. I got bored of the stake-out and went home. 17 yr old was home. I was feeling really down, and asked him if he wanted to go get something to eat with me. He was eager. We took off to town. WW started on the move from her mothers house. (Mother lives in nearby town.) WW went north to another town. NOW this was unusually. 17yr old wants to follow so we head out.

She gets to the town and stops for 5 minutes at a grocery store. Then takes out to McDonalds and goes driving around. As WW is driving around we assume she picked up OM at grocery store so we headed straight to grocery store. It was not busy so we started scoping out cars. We looked a little suspicious doing this, but I didn't care. One guy came by and said, "Can I help you?".

On GPS, WW and OM stop at the football field of this nearby town and start doing their thing (I assume). They were there for about 45 minutes.

I took pictures of each car that was parked and would delete the ones that left. We got interested in a truck that was parked. I walked up to see if there was something that would identify who owned the truck. GUESS WHAT!! Work ID was hanging from the rear view mirror. I took pictures. The ID had picture, address, company, phone numbers, etc. How dumb! Anyway, as we were waiting, we looked him up on Facebook. He was from our town (which was not where we were at the time) and my WW was one of his friends. Boom, we had the potential cheater. Son and I waited for them to drop off. On their way back, we went into the store so we could record from a window. As the drop was made, they get out of WW's car and start to come in. As they were coming, WW grabs his hand (which we have on video). We take off because they are on their way in and head to the bathroom, it was my son's idea. I told him that they might be heading to the bathroom. So we hid out in the stock room. We waited for 20 minutes until they left (seemed like forever). Of course WW starts calling me as soon as she leaves. I ignore her because I didn't want to accidentally blow our cover. She keeps calling. We decide to head back to home town and get Taco Bell to bring home. I later text her that me and 17yr old went to get Taco Bell because I got tired of waiting for her to come home to talk. That explanation seemed to satisfy her. We came home and ate Taco Bell and acted normal.

Son was very relieved that we got proof because he knows that Mom lies to him.

I also had a VAR in her car so I hope it worked this time. I won't like listening, but it is just more proof.

I took snapshots of GPS screens of where and when. Got video and pictures of ID and truck.

OM turns out to be no one I suspected or knew. Just another one of probably many.

Anyway, THANKS TO ALL THAT HAVE BEEN HELPING. This lifted a burden that I have been carrying through all the years. For those lurkers, post and get help. I would have never got my snooping to the level it needed without a little encouragement from the Vets.

I still have work to do, but I checked this off my list.

B
B
Is OM married? Did you make a copy of his Facebook list of friends for exposure? Do you have your exposure list ready?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

D
OP Offline
D
I have not but will very soon. I do not want to reconcile this time around so I'm waiting for divorce.

B
B
Is the OM married?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

D
OP Offline
D
The OM definitely has a significant other. She doesn't have the same name for some reason.

A friend of mine thought they were married. They have been in a relationship according to Facebook since November 2010.

What are you thinking Brainhurts?

J
J
Find OMs wife and let her know what's happening.

D
OP Offline
D
Even if I am going to expose after divorce?

I will need help on steps for my situation.

J
J
She has a right to know.

N
N
Shouldn't he try to get the divorce over with first? That will be to his advantage. He doesn't need to sacrifice his interests for the OM's SO does he? We don't even know if they're married. I think he needs to look out for his own interests first. When the divorce is over he should absolutely let the poor woman know.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
D
OP Offline
D
I've had a tough day today personally. I finally listened to the VAR in the car. When does the pain go away?

I'm hoping to move on and heal, but I am struggling without exposure. I don't see how I can keep this to myself. I want to bust this affair up.

I am thinking that my kids will not accept OM, so that will be hard for WW.

I keep trying to remember that an alien has taken over my wife. I need to get this divorce through asap.

D
OP Offline
D
What about having the betrayed spouse expose?

Would that hurt my negotiation in divorce settlement?

B
B
Why don't you write Dr Harley at mbradio@marriagebuilders.com and ask what he advises you do in your situation?

Make sure to include that your WW is a serial cheater and that you just want to divorce and move on and are in the process of divorcing.
Include the ages of your children and your concerns about custody and about the OMs significant other.

Married to Pearlseeker for 13 yrs
D
OP Offline
D
I wrote in. I'll report back if I hear something.

D
OP Offline
D
I didn't hear anything so I am still needing help.

I have divorce paperwork ready to sign with most things agreed. I am still living in the same household and WW continues her affair in my house. This is tearing me up because I know she is having the affair but can't say anything. One of my friends says I should ask her to leave and expose after signing the paperwork. Has anyone had any experience with my situation? Should I expose similar to if I were to save our marriage or limited exposure to family and close friends?

M
M
I didn't hear anything so I am still needing help.

I have divorce paperwork ready to sign with most things agreed. I am still living in the same household and WW continues her affair in my house. This is tearing me up because I know she is having the affair but can't say anything. One of my friends says I should ask her to leave and expose after signing the paperwork. Has anyone had any experience with my situation? Should I expose similar to if I were to save our marriage or limited exposure to family and close friends?

Will she sign the paperwork?

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D

I think she will sign the papers. She's reviewing them now.

I have all the evidence lined out in a video.

B
B

I think she will sign the papers. She's reviewing them now.

I have all the evidence lined out in a video.
Do you have your exposure list ready for when you expose?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

D
OP Offline
D
I have OM Facebook contacts copied. I haven't made out the list yet. I am wondering how widespread I need to expose for my situation.

WW reviewed paperwork. We found some typo's from the lawyer, but there was nothing substantial OM wanted to change in the agreement and parenting plan.

D
OP Offline
D
My friends are telling me I need to take back the bed and if she doesn't like it, she can leave. They do not think carrying on an affair in my bed should be tolerated. They also are in favor of exposing her by flaming her. Post video to wall. That might backfire I think. Private message is probably better. Any thoughts why PM works better? My friends also say I should cut off credit cards and quit supporting her.

Kids and WW have off school today. I am suspecting she will go see OM today. He comes home for the weekend. I am already beginning to ignore her which is confusing her. She is manipulating and I'm getting ready to make a stand against her.

OM is not married to his significant other. They've been living together for 6 years, no kids, but both have kids of their own. I live in a smaller town of about 7500 people, so when this gets out it will spread like wildfire.

Last edited by DeepSorrow; 03/24/17 07:01 AM.
N
N
I think you need to step back a bit and evaluate your motives. The affair should be exposed, but you need to be doing it to get support and not for revenge. Keep that in mind when you do your exposure.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
J
J
Deep Sorrow,

Stop vacillating and follow the plan that is in place with Marriage Builders. If you don't execute the plan then you execute (think firing squad) the best possible resolution.

Follow Melody Lane's link for Exposure 101 and just do it. Follow the steps to a T. They work. And then you can get on to the second part of Plan A.

Right now you are all over the place and letting your emotions and the arbitrary advice from friends who are not experts in marriage be the wind that directs your ship. As a result you are getting nowhere fast. It's time to be decisive and put the MB plan in action.

D
OP Offline
D
Justyhe3ofus - I'm married to a serial cheater and headed to divorce.

I've been advised to wait to expose. So, I'm looking for help with my situation. I still want to run off OM, get support from friends and family, and protect my kids.

WW has signed divorce settlement on Friday.

D
OP Offline
D
MelodyLane - Since WW has signed divorce settlement, I am considering exposing and getting into Plan B pretty soon. I need to be protected from her as she is toxic and it is killing me. I have already started to begin to portray a stronger person to her, not being needy. I have told her I know she is in an affair, and we will not be friends or have a relationship if she continues. She still gaslights because she's been successful in the past. I have not provided specifics.

My 17 year old wants to confront her with me. WW doesn't really care what I think, but her kids are her world (except for right now because of her ongoing affair). I want to show her evidence and ask her to leave the house. She is just hanging around until her new place is ready. I need her out to go into Plan B.

Any help is appreciated.

D
OP Offline
D
Are you still able to message a non friend on Facebook?

M
M
MelodyLane - Since WW has signed divorce settlement, I am considering exposing and getting into Plan B pretty soon. I need to be protected from her as she is toxic and it is killing me. I have already started to begin to portray a stronger person to her, not being needy. I have told her I know she is in an affair, and we will not be friends or have a relationship if she continues. She still gaslights because she's been successful in the past. I have not provided specifics.

My 17 year old wants to confront her with me. WW doesn't really care what I think, but her kids are her world (except for right now because of her ongoing affair). I want to show her evidence and ask her to leave the house. She is just hanging around until her new place is ready. I need her out to go into Plan B.

Any help is appreciated.

DS, I would first expose the affair to everyone, including the OM's SO and family. Expose to her family, your family, etc using the tactics and talking points on my exposure thread. You can leave out the part about wanting to save your marriage.

Exposing the affair before you confront her will catch her off guard and prevent her from spinning the story. She may even leave sooner in order to punish you.

AFTER you have exposed the affair wide and far, your son can have a talk with her, but he must be respectful to his mother. And no, you shouldn't kick her out. When she moves out, you can go into Plan B if you choose.

Exposure 101

P
P
Are you still able to message a non friend on Facebook?

You can, but it goes to "message requests".
Message requests tab is located on the top bar after clicking the little "messages" icon on the top right of the page.
From what I have experienced, people often overlook "message requests" as they do not really stand out as an attention getter.

If you are asking for exposure purpose, I can share how I did FB exposure to OM's side, when starting as not being "FB friends" with any of them, and it was effective.

D
OP Offline
D
DS, I would first expose the affair to everyone, including the OM's SO and family. Expose to her family, your family, etc using the tactics and talking points on my exposure thread. You can leave out the part about wanting to save your marriage.

Exposing the affair before you confront her will catch her off guard and prevent her from spinning the story. She may even leave sooner in order to punish you.

AFTER you have exposed the affair wide and far, your son can have a talk with her, but he must be respectful to his mother. And no, you shouldn't kick her out. When she moves out, you can go into Plan B if you choose.

Thanks Melody! This is not what I was thinking, but it makes sense. I will do what you recommend. You have been extremely helpful getting me through this. I wish I would have posted a long time ago and maybe I could have saved my marriage.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by PTSD
I can share how I did FB exposure to OM's side, when starting as not being "FB friends" with any of them, and it was effective.

I would like to know more PTSD. I have the OM's SO number already. I plan to start there, but it seems harder to expose on FB than it used to be for non friends.

M
M
Originally Posted by PTSD
I can share how I did FB exposure to OM's side, when starting as not being "FB friends" with any of them, and it was effective.

I would like to know more PTSD. I have the OM's SO number already. I plan to start there, but it seems harder to expose on FB than it used to be for non friends.

DS, I would try to find OM's parents and family members and expose to them. Copy and paste his contacts into a text doc for safekeeping because he will shut down the page once he knows your plan.

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
Here's a modified exposure letter.

Dear friends and family,

I am writing you this message because you are an important person in the lives of WW and I. You may or may not know, but WW has recently asked me for a divorce, which has shattered my heart. I am saddened to have discovered that the reason is because she has been carrying on an affair the past 2 months with XXXX XXXXXX who resides in XXXXX. He is currently in a 7 year relationship with XXX XXXX. The purpose of the divorce is so that she can carry on her affair without my interference.

This behavior has been going on for many years with different men. If you have any influence on WW, please do what you can to get her to stop this dangerous affair and protect my 2 boys, XXXX and XXXXX. It is probably too late to save our marriage, but the affair must end.

As our friends and family, I am asking that you use your influence with WW to persuade her to end her affair to protect XXXXX and XXXXXX.

Please support her in doing the right thing. I�d be happy to provide proof for anyone that would like to see it.

I would so appreciate your support and prayers.

Warmest Regards,

D
OP Offline
D
Any feedback, changes?

M
M
Looks good!

Exposure 101

U
U
I am considering exposing and getting into Plan B pretty soon. I need to be protected from her as she is toxic and it is killing me. I have already started to begin to portray a stronger person to her, not being needy. I have told her I know she is in an affair, and we will not be friends or have a relationship if she continues. She still gaslights because she's been successful in the past. I have not provided specifics.

Why are you having these conversations with her? You realize you are STILL trying to rationalize with a serial cheater with a long history of fogged out thinking. It is NOT going to work. Of course she is trying to gaslight you, she has been doing it for a very very long time.

You are right that she is toxic and her long history of affairs has been damaging to you. You need to go into Plan B to protect yourself *regardless* of what she does. You don't need to show her a stronger person (really at this point, it doesn't matter, you are not trying to Plan A or save your marriage here), and you do not need to get her to agree to anything. As far as her ongoing affair(s), once you are divorced and in Plan B it won't matter what she is doing anymore.

U
U
WW doesn't really care what I think, but her kids are her world (except for right now because of her ongoing affair).

WW's SSL and many years of serial cheating are her world, not her kids. I think you still have a very polyanna view of who are you are dealing with here.

J
J
The exposure letter is well written, DS.

D
OP Offline
D
You are right unwritten.

WW's SSL is hard to believe sometimes which affects my view of her. As far as having conversations, that has pretty much ended. I keep communication to a minimum right now, act uninterested, and do not try to initiate conversation. I'm living with her right now, so as soon as I can go Plan B, I will.

P
P
What I did to achieve FB exposure of OM,
As many can guess I learned much from Melody and the members here:

- As mentioned, do not do anything until you have everything in place and ready. Once word is out, OM will likely remove themselves from FB completely. Those on OM's side will start blocking you.
- Find OM's FB page. If you have access to WW's page or OM's - SO, one or both will likely have OM in their "friends" list.
- If you can not find the SO's page, try pasting the phone number in the FB search bar, or Google search the name with the word "Facebook".
- Once you have OM's page, immediately copy the links to each person on their friends list. Take note of those sharing the same last name (those are of course relatives).
- If you can not find OM's page, the SO will likely have some of OM's relatives on their page and you can circle back around to find him and/or more relatives.
- Find those with the same last name and branch out from there. Look at their own "friends" list and find more with that name... and so on. Also check the "about me" section under "Family and Relationships". This will result in more relatives and likely even tell you their relationship with OM. Also scroll through the various timelines as you will find even more.
- When you have the list of page links compiled, in one motion send each of them a "friend request".
(Use the "poke" button as another level of gaining their attention)
- Once you have (and it should not take long) a few/ several whom have accepted the request, send your exposure letter to all of the above list, using the IM. Do so if they have accepted your request or not. Do not stop sending until you have reached the whole list.
- As more accept your request (meaning they have not seen the letter) Send the letter again, so that it arrives in a obvious message window.
- Those whom do not accept your request yet do block you, means they have seen the letter and/or someone else got word to them. (I believe the FB messenger app will also show if it was "seen")
- Those whom do not accept your request, and also do not block you, withdraw the friend request and send it again. Then repeat the above.

* While in the process it is going to be somewhat nerve-racking.
Just keep copying/ pasting and move to the next. Once you click that last button, you are actually going to be relieved you took action. Excited even.

There are likely 3 different responses you will get.
- No reply at all. (but as mentioned, there are other ways to know they got the message)
- "Sorry, can't help you"
- Insults and name calling toward you for "hurting" OM.

( My response to this last one was... "I am doing all I can to repair my marriage and family as well as helping BS's family and acting as an enabler by keeping this a secret is detrimental to that" ). I even ignored their comments and again asked for them to contact and/ or help me find OM's parents (although I already had OM's father and sister).

* In any event, don't worry by insults. All it means is they too got the message.

Just after sending the messages, I sent OM messages telling him... "Everyone knows about the affair. Your wife, your friends, your family, everyone you associate with. Even if they do not tell you... they know. Get out of our lives *&%$#$ and leave my WW the &%$*# alone!"
(And continued for several days, each time I found out or even suspected they contacted each other) I even included the dictionary link to Adulterer, just to drive it home.

* If anything like my situation, you have been downplayed and degraded between the two of them. By confronting OM through email, I was told to expect, by those I know (and did expect), that it would have my WW (and likely OM) snickering at me like I was small (and she did just that). But, once it set in that they were truly exposed, a different tune was playing.
After sending OM these messages, over several days, his BW finally asked me to stop, because "It is causing him depression".

Note:
- If you can not find SO's FB page, you have the number, so call.
(You might even call if you do find the page)

Have your evidence ready. I suggest creating and uploading to a Dropbox account. Offer it to the betrayed SO. They will likely want all of it. Offer to speak directly with OM and/or offer to do so by obtaining their phone number.
Offer to give SO your WW's friends so they might do the same as you just did. Encourage SO to confront your WW as well.

- If they live close to you, you can even go to the actual house to inform SO and/or confront OM (I did with OM2 and had no regrets). If possible, bring someone with you to hang back.
I was forced to go alone, but knew POS OM's are cowards.
* If you do not have the address, 99cents and a visit to Spokeo.com will fix that.
If you confront OM at house, I also suggest having your phone in hand with the video running.

As already mentioned in the exposure thread, once OM discovers he has been exposed, he will tell your WW... and likely fast.
She will be mad and will tell you that you are the bad person for outing and... hurting... them. (It's crazy but it will happen). Like mentioned in many other areas of this forum, just say "sorry you are upset" and drop it.

(In my circumstance OM1 was a three year affair, and died exactly 30 days after exposure)

I hope this helps you. Stay strong and confident and God bless.

P
P

* There were some trace elements in the months to follow, but I informed the other BS each time (whom I am still in contact with), and together we stopped those as well.

* OM2 was a 2 plus month affair and completely died in less than 2 weeks, after exposure and confronting OM in person.

D
OP Offline
D
Well, I told OM's Significant Other and showed her evidence, all hell broke loose. She went home, kicked OM out of her house. Then started exposing to everyone she knew. She then posted on her Facebook page. I asked her to take it down. I got through exposing to most of her family, but all friends already knew after SO was done. Word will spread across fast in our town. Everyone will know.

WW came home and that was interesting. As expected, she was pretty mad and still fogged out. I do not know if I handled her right, but did my best. I thought she was going to leave for a minute, but didn't. I think she was waiting for me to kick her out. Mostly fog babble that I had to ignore.

She immediately wanted to tell kids about divorce and tell them it was only because "we don't get along". She cornered 17yr old son. I don't know what she told him, but he came away upset and didn't want to talk about it anymore. I am thinking she was gaslighting him and it made him upset. I don't know. Seems like she damaged him. He's pretty smart, and he sometimes sees through her BS better than me.

Significant Other told me that she an OM heard about rumor of WW sleeping with the student. Evidently, OM thought she was easy, and pursued her through Facebook Messenger. She was easy for him.

SO said he is on probation with 5 DWIs and he had broken probation so she was going to turn him in and send him to jail. He's a serial cheater as well. Not sure if he had been caught.

WW is still in love with OM, so I expect her to still pursue him, but their affair took a serious blow. I suspect WW will continue affair but hide it. WW continues to threaten me to stay away from her family. She couldn't spin the affair. I made sure they knew I had irrefutable proof.

WW's mother did chew me out for spying and for mass exposure. She understands that WW has issues but wanted to make sure I took blame. She yelled at me that everyone in town is going to know her daughter is a whore and my kids were going to find out.

It was pretty wild.

Last edited by DeepSorrow; 03/27/17 11:53 PM.
M
M
Good job!! Do your kids know the facts about the affair? As in, the full name of the OM and the fact that you have the evidence?

I would not have asked the SO to take down her FB exposure. There is no reason she can't expose the affair on her facebook page.

Exposure 101

B
B
Good job!!

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

D
OP Offline
D

17 yr old knows everything. 13 yr old doesn't have name but I will be giving it to him.

SO put up another post on Facebook. It is a little more appropriate than yesterday and it get's the point across. Here's the post.

"Well there is alot on my mind facebook friends!! I've never understood what makes a person want to cheat with another when they have someone who is loyal and willing to go to hell and back with them. Love isn't just 3 little words. It's a lifetime of actions. My heart is in so much pain even though I'm not surprised but I thought XXXXX and I were in the better part of our life and that we had already conquered hell. I'm really not sure what to do. I wasn't prepared for this. Who ever is? So here I am 40 years old and lost. XXXX XXXXXX it's not fair what you have done to me. I guess I got you where you needed to be and this is how you repay me."

WW just called and I didn't answer, I had some exposure to complete this morning. So, it's hitting her hard right now. I'm sure she thought she could weather the storm yesterday thinking that it was going to stop.

M
M
17 yr old knows everything. 13 yr old doesn't have name but I will be giving it to him.

Good, I would speak to the 13 yr old asap so he is fully informed.

SO put up another post on Facebook. It is a little more appropriate than yesterday and it get's the point across. Here's the post.

"Well there is alot on my mind facebook friends!! I've never understood what makes a person want to cheat with another when they have someone who is loyal and willing to go to hell and back with them. Love isn't just 3 little words. It's a lifetime of actions. My heart is in so much pain even though I'm not surprised but I thought XXXXX and I were in the better part of our life and that we had already conquered hell. I'm really not sure what to do. I wasn't prepared for this. Who ever is? So here I am 40 years old and lost. XXXX XXXXXX it's not fair what you have done to me. I guess I got you where you needed to be and this is how you repay me."

I am surprised you are scrutinizing the posts of a devastated woman. She is within her rights to post whatever she chooses. What did she post that you deemed so inappropriate?

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D

Melody - I probably did that wrong. I just thought that since exposure was usually done with private messages, I didn't think the facebook post was the right way to expose.

M
M
Melody - I probably did that wrong. I just thought that since exposure was usually done with private messages, I didn't think the facebook post was the right way to expose.

I understand. I think it is a great way to expose. The reason we tell ppl to do it in private messages is to ensure that people get the message. If it is on someone's timeline, many of their friends never see it.

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D

WW just called. Wanted me to stop telling people, delete whatever evidence I had. Said I was hurting people. I said her actions are hurting people. She hung up.

M
M
WW just called. Wanted me to stop telling people, delete whatever evidence I had. Said I was hurting people. I said her actions are hurting people. She hung up.

Oh wow! that is some serious blameshifting! shocked

Exposure 101

M
M
Do you think the OM's SO has contacted your wife yet? Do you think she will?

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D

She hasn't, but she would if I asked her too.

Mother of OM and says "Look what you are doing to your kids". I said, "I did this?" She hung up.

M
M

She hasn't, but she would if I asked her too.

Mother of OM and says "Look what you are doing to your kids". I said, "I did this?" She hung up.

No wonder her loser son is this way! crazy If that were my son, I would be horseswhipping him and calling people to apologize. I wouldn't be blaming the victim. crazy

Exposure 101

U
U
I am happy to hear you are not allowing this blameshifting.

Of course WW wants you to stop telling people and delete the evidence. She is embarrassed about HER OWN disgusting behavior and their consequences. That has nothing to do with you.

As far as OM is concerned, it sounds like he is also a serial cheater and his SO should leave him in the dust. If I were you I would not care at all about what his family says to you.

Ultimately, you are not seeking to recover your marriage here. You did the right thing and brought this behavior into the light of day. It doesn't really matter what WW or anyone else who enable her think about what you did.

D
OP Offline
D
I'm sorry Melody - I meant Mother of WW not Mother of OM.

I contacted SO and gave her my wife's phone number.

A
A

Good answer!

M
M
I'm sorry Melody - I meant Mother of WW not Mother of OM.

I contacted SO and gave her my wife's phone number.

Good move! Do you think she will call her?

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D

Yes - I really think she will. She said she was going to tell my WW how she felt. My wife gets off work at 3:15 CT, so I will let you know what happens.

My MIL is also a problem. I need to ignore her. Her and WW are mostly worried about kids not staying with WW, looking out for themselves rather than addressing the real problem. My WW told me to enforce with the kids our custody agreement. MIL threatens me about not talking to them.

An outpouring of support is coming into OM's SO on Facebook. I did exposure through PMs so I am getting a lot of support as well. Many people shocked, others not shocked because they heard many of the other rumors which this confirmed. The common response is "I do not understand why she does this".

WW took her Facebook down last night. It is back up today, but she blocked me.

W
W

Yes - I really think she will. She said she was going to tell my WW how she felt. My wife gets off work at 3:15 CT, so I will let you know what happens.

My MIL is also a problem. I need to ignore her. Her and WW are mostly worried about kids not staying with WW, looking out for themselves rather than addressing the real problem. My WW told me to enforce with the kids our custody agreement. MIL threatens me about not talking to them.

An outpouring of support is coming into OM's SO on Facebook. I did exposure through PMs so I am getting a lot of support as well. Many people shocked, others not shocked because they heard many of the other rumors which this confirmed. The common response is "I do not understand why she does this".

WW took her Facebook down last night. It is back up today, but she blocked me.

I am so curious to take a look at SO's Facebook page and responses she is getting. Any ideas of how you can point me to it? Maybe be last name and city? I ask because I will be walking the same walk as you in my case. I am also tempted to post my WW's affair or something like what SO has done on my page when my time comes.

I think it is super effective and will really hit my WW and OM well to the bone. Her friends and relatives will see it too when they go to my page. It can even stay for weeks or months. It can be shared. She will never have an affair again sealing one of the reasons for exposing affairs - so the WW/WH do not repeat affairs. I am liking this. It looks it is most powerful avenue of exposure.

BH(me)-48 WW-43
Seperated
M
M
My WW told me to enforce with the kids our custody agreement. MIL threatens me about not talking to them.

Guess what? You can't FORCE them to see her. A judge is not going to force teenagers to see their parents and it is very common that teenagers want nothing t do with a wayward parent. So let her know you will leave it up to the kids to decide if they want to see her or not.

And your MIL can shove it. You are not obliged to ever lie to your own kids to cover up the crimes of their mother. Your MIL does not have their best interest at heart, sadly.

Exposure 101

G
G
Originally Posted by WierdSituation
I am so curious to take a look at SO's Facebook page and responses she is getting. Any ideas of how you can point me to it? Maybe be last name and city? I ask because I will be walking the same walk as you in my case. I am also tempted to post my WW's affair or something like what SO has done on my page when my time comes.

I think it is super effective and will really hit my WW and OM well to the bone. Her friends and relatives will see it too when they go to my page. It can even stay for weeks or months. It can be shared. She will never have an affair again sealing one of the reasons for exposing affairs - so the WW/WH do not repeat affairs. I am liking this. It looks it is most powerful avenue of exposure.

You need to stop obsessing about this. Follow the advice you have been given by Dr. Harley himself.

Everytime you feel the urge to do something stupid, take a walk. If nothing else, your health will benefit.

W
W
Originally Posted by goody2shoes
Originally Posted by WierdSituation

You need to stop obsessing about this. Follow the advice you have been given by Dr. Harley himself.

Everytime you feel the urge to do something stupid, take a walk. If nothing else, your health will benefit.

Thank you.

BH(me)-48 WW-43
Seperated
D
OP Offline
D
Venom is coming out from WW about snooping methods and who I exposed to. I point all questions back to her affair.

SO did not get to talk to WW but SO sent her this text with no response.

"WW this is SO. I want to start by asking you to stop pursuing OM. I know that he started all of this but as a wife and a mother you should have stopped before it started knowing it was wrong. OM and I have had some problems but cheating was not the answer. It defines who you truly are and it isnt a proud reputation. OM and I have been together almost 7 years and now that could be destroyed because of both your actions. This did not only hurt me but has affected my son on so many levels. He had already lost his dad years ago and OM had filled that void. So again I'm asking for you to stop this and let me fix my family. You should already know how you have hurt your husband and your boys from your previous affairs. Please don't ruin mine."

M
M
Bravo to the OM's SO! That was really nice of her.

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
Here's what I sent to OM.

"OM, this is DS. I don�t really know you, but I have little respect for you going after my wife, WW. Maybe you would be happier in your relationship at home if you focused on your own family instead of mine. As a father yourself, you should know what you are doing to my boys, XXXX and XXXXX. They are good kids and you & WW have destroyed them. They will NEVER accept you, and you are doomed if you continue to pursue WW. SO and your family are hurting and they don�t deserve what you�ve done to them. I have made sure the whole town of XXXXX knows the person you really are. Stay away from my family and never talk to WW again, and quit trying to ruin other peoples lives."

Hopefully this was alright. He was once a BS and his kids were affected by his wife's infidelity. So I used that in my message.

D
OP Offline
D

Well, after exposure, I am starting to get information about the other affairs.

B
B
That was a good message you sent to OM? Did he respond?

What and how have you found out about her other affairs?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

D
OP Offline
D

OM has not responded to my text. I did not expect him to.

Friends are now coming to me sharing what they know. Seems like a lot of people do not want to get involved when they know about infidelity, and the BS does not. Now that an affair has been exposed, they come to you and discuss it.

M
M
Well, after exposure, I am starting to get information about the other affairs.

I am not surprised. I figured everyone knew. frown

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D

Wow - Tonight was NOT fun!! WW called me every bad name she could think of. She is comparing spying on her just as bad as her affair. She was out of control and still accusing me of continuing to spy on her even though I'm not. Saying that my exposure was going to hurt the kids. She got a copy of the exposure letter from one of our friends. She was extremely mad about the statement that this has been going on for years with several men, and the fact that I had proof and would provide it.

She's threatening to take the car to the police and have them come to the house to scan for bugs. I said go for it (I removed all the stuff when I got proof anyway). She is also giving me some line that it is illegal (which it is not).

The affair took a serious blow though. She told the OM to go work it out with SO. He probably doesn't want to, but WW and OM will not be able to be seen again after the exposure that happened. This might be just a ploy, I don't know. Unfortunately, I made a mistake and told the SO that I didn't care what she posted on Facebook. She told OM and OM told WW and that made her extremely mad. I didn't expect my communications to be passed along to OM, so I need to be extra careful. WW did not mention that I sent OM a text. I'm sure he told her, so I'm curious why she didn't say anything.

WW family is supporting her primarily driven by MIL rallying them. I guess I'm never going to be welcome at their house again, but I doubt we'll have much of a relationship anyway after the Divorce. WW is blameshifting to the nth degree and making the fact that I was snooping as the real problem, not the fact that she has continued to have affairs. (MIL is working her up). She wants me to admit snooping was wrong. Says that people think I'm sick in the head for spying.

WW is totally destroyed because her image is everything to her and now everybody knows who she really is. She is backed into a corner and her family is embarrassed so they blame me for their embarrassment.

WW is also extremely focused on accusing me of turning the kids against her. 17yr old was being mean to her tonight, which I hadn't really talked to him about it the past couple days while exposure was going on. She keeps repeating herself and talking about how good a mother she is. My kids were sick today, she took 13yr to urgent care, then threw it back at me that I didn't check with her all day and I just did whatever I want. We haven't really been communicating these past few days because I've tried not to engage her.

I'm getting all the fog about she was going to divorce me anyway even if she didn't have an affair.

Do I just weather the storm and things get better? I didn't apologize for exposing, I tried to turn it back to her affair, but she was lighting me up big time. I probably shouldn't have entertained the discussion.

I could use some HELP. AHHHH! :0

B
B
Here is all the help you need...when she spews her venom at her, just say, "I'm sorry your the consequences of your affair are causing you so much discomfort."

A
A
Repeat to yourself when being grilled about snooping, "I have every right to know what is happening in my own life."

D
OP Offline
D

What's the legality of the VAR? I was thinking one party consent only applied to phone calls, but I did a little research. Seems like you have to have one party consent for conversations as well.

E
E
What's the legality of the VAR? I was thinking one party consent only applied to phone calls, but I did a little research. Seems like you have to have one party consent for conversations as well.
I am not a lawyer but have been in divorce court.
The laws on VAR are suppose to protect strangers more or less.

However, using a var in your OWN vehicle, house, computers,anything you own etc is allowed at any time. (even if she buys it in her name the laws of marriage would show that it is considered joint property)
Different states -some would allow the VAR to be used in court against your spouse... some would not.

In any case, no one can sue you, fine you or get anything done with: but judge, he used a VAR in the car we both own and I didn't like it!!!! WHY? Well, he found out I was cheating on him....

(think of all the private security camera's people set up with capabilities of voice recording in their car, house etc- they never ask the people coming inside to consent to being recorded)

If you own it: your safe.

if you went and set up a VAR or security camera in your neighbors yard or a stranger: jail time! See, big difference.

Hope that helps...

And it is wayward script to say that they are going to sue you or try to convict you on your snooping methods. Its just angry non sense.

BW-3 Kids
Sep:2014
Divorced

"I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.
I will persist until I succeed." Og Mandino
D
OP Offline
D
Makes sense. She wants to get along and be friends while threatening me and bullying. She's still in the affair. This morning I simply told her if she wants any kind of relationship with me, then she needs to stop her affair, and I'm not going to back down.

She continues to say that she told him he could pursue the SO if he wanted thinking I would be good with that, but I know she doesn't really mean it. When I tell her to stop contacting him, WW just gets mad.

I'm not sure I should care since we are getting divorced. I do want to run him off from my kids. She just says I'm trying to control her.

Last edited by DeepSorrow; 03/30/17 07:06 AM.
M
M
That is awesome!! You really have her affair on the ropes. I would call this a huge success. Don't let her shake you up, just say "sorry you are upset that everyone knows about your affair."

It is wrong to have an affair, it is not wrong to catch someone having an affair. No one has the right to the privacy to destroy you behind your back. You had every right to snoop on her and get the truth because she was lying about her affair.

Unfortunately, I made a mistake and told the SO that I didn't care what she posted on Facebook. She told OM and OM told WW and that made her extremely mad. I didn't expect my communications to be passed along to OM, so I need to be extra careful. WW did not mention that I sent OM a text. I'm sure he told her, so I'm curious why she didn't say anything.

What was the mistake??

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D

What was the mistake??

Well I thought it was a mistake, but I guess I am programmed to avoid her anger and don't see it.

How should I treat her today? Guess I'll go back to ignoring her and waiting for her to contact me. Last night I went to the YMCA to work out right before she got home. She is noticing that I am not paying attention to her anymore and it is starting to bother her.

U
U
What was the mistake??

Well I thought it was a mistake, but I guess I am programmed to avoid her anger and don't see it.

How should I treat her today? Guess I'll go back to ignoring her and waiting for her to contact me. Last night I went to the YMCA to work out right before she got home. She is noticing that I am not paying attention to her anymore and it is starting to bother her.

BINGO. You are programmed to avoid her anger and you don't see it.

You are really focused on ending THIS specific affair. But the reality is, she is a serial cheater with a long history of affairs and will serial cheat for the rest of your life with her. So whether she ends this affair or not, is really irrelevant, because she will just start another one tomorrow with the next guy who flashes a smile at her. Yes that is your reality. You are divorcing for the reason that she is a serial cheater with a long history of affairs, and life with her will be like a death of a thousand cuts. No one deserves to live like that and you can have a better happier life with someone who will live an affair proof life with you.

Focus on that. Stop engaging in these silly fogged out conversations with her. Stop caring what she thinks about what you told OM's SO, stop worrying about what she is thinking about how you are behaving, stop caring what her affair enabling mother thinks.

D
OP Offline
D
Yes, I am divorcing her because she is a serial cheater and will continue to be. I still care for her and have hope that she might change someday.

The exposure is crushing. Even though she has been fogged out and blameshifting, I am feeling a little sorry for her. After tonight, I probably won't feel that way anymore.

D
OP Offline
D

Update: Last night we did not speak or even really see each other, so I did not have to hear her yell at me.

D
OP Offline
D
Everything blew up last night. WW threatened to call her brother and dad to come out to the house. I told her if she did, I would call the cops. She did, and I called the cops. The police made her leave and she ended up at OM's apartment that he just moved into. She was extremely mad because she didn't win, by she plans to come back today.

She is lying and making up things. I'm going to record every conversation going forward. I hope she just stay's at OMs. She makes me sick, I just need her out of my life.

A
A
Good job calling the police. Too many men wait until the situation is out of hand. Keep your VAR on and if she makes trouble again, call the police.

D
OP Offline
D
WW and affair enabling MIL are at my house right now collecting her personal items. Can I change the locks now?

M
M
WW and affair enabling MIL are at my house right now collecting her personal items. Can I change the locks now?

You bet! Change the locks..

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
WW and MIL chewed me out yesterday. Called me names, attacked snooping methods, spewed venom about me calling the cops. I stayed cool and recorded the conversation.

I have pictures on OM truck, work badge, video of WW dropping OM off at his truck, video of the walking into a store holding hands, Pictures of GPS locations, and VAR evidence of sex, etc. I edited it down into a 1:30 video.

SO and OM are getting into a Facebook war with OM denying as well.

WW is denying having intercourse. WW's family believes her. Her story now is, "I made out with him, but we never had intercourse."

I continue to get upset because of the deceit. WW is telling me that she is not going to bring men around kids or into her new house, but I know she is lying. I want to expose evidence (no one has asked) to stop the lying, but I'm not sure it will gain anything. I am trying to be above everything but I've about had enough. What do you think I should do?

Last edited by DeepSorrow; 04/02/17 06:59 AM.
M
M
WW and MIL chewed me out yesterday. Called me names, attacked snooping methods, spewed venom about me calling the cops. I stayed cool and recorded the conversation.

I have pictures on OM truck, work badge, video of WW dropping OM off at his truck, video of the walking into a store holding hands, Pictures of GPS locations, and VAR evidence of sex, etc. I edited it down into a 1:30 video.

SO and OM are getting into a Facebook war with OM denying as well.

WW is denying having intercourse. WW's family believes her. Her story now is, "I made out with him, but we never had intercourse."

I continue to get upset because of the deceit. WW is telling me that she is not going to bring men around kids or into her new house, but I know she is lying. I want to expose evidence (no one has asked) to stop the lying, but I'm not sure it will gain anything. I am trying to be above everything but I've about had enough. What do you think I should do?

She has admitted the affair, but you can expose the evidence you have if you think it will be useful. When will she be moving out?

I would also coach your kids to call you to pick them up if she brings around an OM. They are old enough to be able to protect themselves. Also, they don't have to visit her in her new place unless they want to. Most judges will not force teenagers to visit.

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
She has admitted the affair, but you can expose the evidence you have if you think it will be useful. When will she be moving out?

I would also coach your kids to call you to pick them up if she brings around an OM. They are old enough to be able to protect themselves. Also, they don't have to visit her in her new place unless they want to. Most judges will not force teenagers to visit.

WW has moved out her clothes and is staying with affair enabling MIL. WW has not stayed out the house for 3 nights which has been nice.

Had a tough day yesterday. Our house is being shown this morning and she was going to help get it ready. Yesterday morning I told her that I would take care of it and I just needed a day to myself. She wasn't having any of that, she has to have her way. She was also trying to get 17yr old to stay with her. She brought 13 yr old boy. He broke down with me and we cried. He said he didn't know what to do, and that he was lost. We talked and he felt better. I invited him to go to the movies. Both boys wanted to come.

Melody, after the movies I did talk about OM with both boys alone as you suggested. They both said they had already been talking about that together and they want nothing to do with him. So the boys are starting to work together and discuss things which they hadn't done in the past.

Affair is still going. Put a big dent in it though. They will have trouble going forward. My wife likes status, and that has gone down to zero in town. I don't think she has realized that yet because she's blinded by the affair, and she has not been in social settings with people from the community.

I am so glad she is out. I still care for her and love her even though I shouldn't. At least now, she can carry on her affairs and I can ignore it. Plan B will be hard because we have joint custody. In the divorce papers, it says we have to be available for at least a 10 minute call per day to discuss the kids.

M
M
[
I am so glad she is out. I still care for her and love her even though I shouldn't. At least now, she can carry on her affairs and I can ignore it. Plan B will be hard because we have joint custody. In the divorce papers, it says we have to be available for at least a 10 minute call per day to discuss the kids.

Thanks for refreshing my memory. I remember now you told me she moved out. Did you change the locks?

Glad to hear your kids are talking with you. How confusing this must be for your 13 yr old. Can you imagine how confused he would be if you hadn't told him the truth? Poor kid.

Is there a reason you are selling your home now? That doesn't seem like a good idea at time when your kids need all the stability they can get.

Exposure 101

M
M
]
[In the divorce papers, it says we have to be available for at least a 10 minute call per day to discuss the kids.

You should find a way to get out of this one. First off, that is completely unnecessary and secondly, you will find that conversing with her just makes you sick by keeping you triggered.

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
I haven't changed the locks but need to. That will cause WW to get upset again. She manipulates through anger. 13yr old told me he didn't want to make WW mad at me because he wouldn't be able to see me, so he knows how she is.

The reason I'm selling my house is that we live pretty far away from town. We have 40acres and nice house. It's probably too much for me to afford with child support and having half my money taken from me through divorce.

D
OP Offline
D
]
[In the divorce papers, it says we have to be available for at least a 10 minute call per day to discuss the kids.

You should find a way to get out of this one. First off, that is completely unnecessary and secondly, you will find that conversing with her just makes you sick by keeping you triggered.

I agree

M
M
I haven't changed the locks but need to. That will cause WW to get upset again. She manipulates through anger. 13yr old told me he didn't want to make WW mad at me because he wouldn't be able to see me, so he knows how she is.

In order to manipulate there must be a manipulator and a willing manipulatee. The solution is to stop allowing yourself to be manipulated. The worst thing you can do with a manipulator is to REWARD her bully behavior. Please don't allow this anymore. Your boys, especially, should not see a role model that allows a bully manipulator to bully men.

The 13 yr old can see you anytime he chooses. Please let him know he does not have to stay with his mother. He can stay wherever he chooses.

The reason I'm selling my house is that we live pretty far away from town. We have 40acres and nice house. It's probably too much for me to afford with child support and having half my money taken from me through divorce.

Hopefully she can't wipe you out. Is your attorney working on a great deal for you? Does your state take adultery into account?

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
Hopefully she can't wipe you out. Is your attorney working on a great deal for you? Does your state take adultery into account?

My state has spouse behavior as part of the criteria, but it's not heavily considered. For example, they look at maybe 5 different criteria and spouse behavior is only 1/5 considered.

We have an agreement already signed.

Last edited by DeepSorrow; 04/03/17 01:20 PM.
M
M

My state has spouse behavior as part of the criteria, but it's not heavily considered. For example, they look at maybe 5 different criteria and spouse behavior is only 1/5 considered.

We have an agreement already signed.

Gotcha.

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D

Well the saga continues. Just found out from a friend who doesn't know this situation let me know that WW got arrested Friday night for a DWI.

Evidently, when she got kicked out of the house, she probably went with OM to the bar. 1:37AM gets pulled over by the state patrol for not using a turn signal. Arrested for Misdemeanor DWI which carries suspension and $6500 fine. WW did not tell me about this. I'm sure she doesn't want me to know, but it is all over the internet.

M
M
Well the saga continues. Just found out from a friend who doesn't know this situation let me know that WW got arrested Friday night for a DWI.

Evidently, when she got kicked out of the house, she probably went with OM to the bar. 1:37AM gets pulled over by the state patrol for not using a turn signal. Arrested for Misdemeanor DWI which carries suspension and $6500 fine. WW did not tell me about this. I'm sure she doesn't want me to know, but it is all over the internet.

Can you use this against her in the divorce? For example, can you get primary custody of the kids now?

A DWI is a misdemeanor?? I thought it was a felony everywhere.

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
I could use it. Her first offense so I guess it's a misdemeanor. I would have to undo the divorce settlement. My plan is to finalize divorce then go after custody. Once divorce is final, she can't come after me for alimony, but we can revisit custody. She doesn't know I know about it. Going to drop it on her to my advantage.

Last edited by DeepSorrow; 04/03/17 09:05 PM.
D
OP Offline
D

Last night WW was out with OM at the bowling alley. The SO confronted my WW. She said that WW just bit her lip and put her head down but did not say anything.

SO then posted on Facebook the online arrest report today. I think SO wants to save her relationship with OM. I advised her to put pressure on WW Parents, but I'm uncertain whether she can run WW off. SO and OM never got married, and WW is getting divorced. The affair will likely die from the pressure, but it will take a while.

I've been doing pretty well, but I get sad at times. I know I have to keep going, things will get better, and I will have a new life without WW. Its hard and I know a lot of you that are reading this have experienced the same thing as me. I wish it didn't have to be this way.

M
M
I am sorry you are sad. I promise it will get better over time and you have a bright future ahead of you.

Exposure 101

P
P
It doesn't make it one bit better. But as you said many of us are going through the same thing. You and I are the same age, our WW's are the same age, we have been married the same amount of time (within a few years), dealing with multiple affairs, two of my three children are also 13 and a 17. I know what you are going through.

D
OP Offline
D
Currently WW is contacts me regarding the kids. I can tell she wants to have more frequent conversations, but I'm not interested in being friends with her. She had the kids last night and without the conflict with me, things are slowing down at least. This weekend will likely be full of conflict as we will be separating the household.

I have about 22 more days before I can submit for the divorce judgment. Removed all her pictures from my Facebook.

Now on to next step that I am contemplating.

My wife is a paraprofessional at a local middle school. She is in special education and assists an autistic kid that is in the 7th grade. She loves her job. The father of the kid works at the same company as me, and is a pretty high position. I know him pretty well and we talk on occasion. He was a victim of his first wife's infidelity and it was pretty public as it involved one of the founder's sons. They love my wife and how she works with their kid. They specifically wanted her to stay with him as he moved from elementary to intermediate school.

So, I am considering telling him about what is going on. I have some reservation because the parents will likely have her removed from her current position. They may not, but I suspect they will. I'm not sure if I should do this because it could come off as revengeful. I'm not sure how much news of her behavior has reached the school since it is in neighboring town. This will be very hurtful to her and she will spray venom at me.

Anyway, I would like some of your thoughts on how to handle this situation.

Last edited by DeepSorrow; 04/05/17 08:32 AM.
D
OP Offline
D

I guess WW introduced OM to her affair enabling mother. She is moving quickly.

Last edited by DeepSorrow; 04/05/17 01:19 PM.
B
B
Do you think the parent of her student would help put pressure on ending the affair?

Are you on ADs to help you through this time?

It is very sad when parents enable their children's cruelty.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

D
OP Offline
D

I am on ADs, and I think that has helped. I am just getting triggered by the OMs Significant Other. I think I need to stop talking with her.

I think their affair is entrenched pretty deep, and there is not much that can be done to kill the affair. The exposure was wide and although cause a problem for them, didn't kill it. They will probably get married. My kids say they won't live with her if she brings him in the house, so maybe this will work out for me.

M
M
"So, I am considering telling him about what is going on. I have some reservation because the parents will likely have her removed from her current position. They may not, but I suspect they will. I'm not sure if I should do this because it could come off as revengeful. I'm not sure how much news of her behavior has reached the school since it is in neighboring town. This will be very hurtful to her and she will spray venom at me."

Absolutely, you should tell him. Not because you are "vengeful," but because it is the right thing to do. As a parent he has a right to choose the kind of ppl that associate with his child. That is HIS decision, not yours. Your WW has very poor judgement and that should be a factor for any caring parent.

Exposure 101

B
B
"So, I am considering telling him about what is going on. I have some reservation because the parents will likely have her removed from her current position. They may not, but I suspect they will. I'm not sure if I should do this because it could come off as revengeful. I'm not sure how much news of her behavior has reached the school since it is in neighboring town. This will be very hurtful to her and she will spray venom at me."

Absolutely, you should tell him. Not because you are "vengeful," but because it is the right thing to do. As a parent he has a right to choose the kind of ppl that associate with his child. That is HIS decision, not yours. Your WW has very poor judgement and that should be a factor for any caring parent.
^^^^ I totally agree!!

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B
If you have no intentions of reconciling with your WW because she is a serial cheater and are intent on divorcing her, why do you care if she continues her affair so long as she keeps your children away from the POSOM? Please keep in mind that you are not dealing with your average child. This is a special needs child whose world can be severely impacted if their normal routine and the "usual people" in their life suddenly change. In my opinion, telling these parents does seem vengeful if you have no intention of reconciling with your WW.

M
M
I don't think it's important at all if the exposure seems "vengeful," because the parents right to know supersedes that. The parents have every right to decide what is best for their own child. That is no one else's business. No one else is qualified to decide for them what is best for their child. They can't do that unless they have the facts. This is not about reconciliation, but about the best interest of the child.

And lastly, exposure is always recommended regardless of the desire to reconcile. Dr Harley doesn't tell people to hide an affair if divorce is the desired outcome.

Exposure 101

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,190 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation