Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
B
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Read this and listen to the radio clips. Serial Cheaters
Did you read this and listen to the radio clips?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

G
G
It is hard to walk away from the slot machine if you already invested hundreds of dollars.

If you walk away from the cheating slot machine now, what will your life look like in five years?

If you stay with the cheating slot machine and invest more time/money/emotions, what will your life look like in five years?

W
W
Originally Posted by unwritten
I am sorry that you are in this predicament, but please do not accept this lifestyle as your fate because you are financially dependent on him. Living with a serial cheater will be a death of a thousand cuts. Your children will grow up without a mom, because you will be too mentally and physically damaged by the stress to adequately mother them. They will also grow up believing that infidelity is an acceptable lifestyle. Surely this is not what you want.

I don't know if your WH is a sex addict or not (doubt it), and it really doesn't matter. He would need to follow the same very strict EPs for the rest of his life for him to be safe. This means you will have to be with him 100% of the time, monitoring his every move. Or, go through this over and over again.

This is exactly what happened to me.
and I followed exactly the same path you are in.

I did make more money that WH but, small kids, dreading to raise them with Divorced parent...

11 years after, today, here I am... kids are grown and wished I have left. A lazy father and a depressed mother struggling financially, its not the best example for kids.

Yes, my WH said and did almost all the right things. All this time he kept saying how in love is always was with me. how he wanted us to grow old together, how we would retire to our little farm house... intimacy always great.

Now... I find that at least for the past 5 years, while I worked hard to build his company, I find he has been in affairs the whole time, while I even worked two jobs to support family and the company.

Yes, he went to counseling on his own. So now he is following councilor that he needs to be independent. That he has to pursuit his happiness. So he is living the single lifestyle looking for the perfect wife.

He just became better at hiding affairs.

B
B
Originally Posted by Will_it_ever_end
Yes, he went to counseling on his own. So now he is following councilor that he needs to be independent. That he has to pursuit his happiness. So he is living the single lifestyle looking for the perfect wife.

This is one of the reasons we still others to be careful of bad counselors.
Beware of Bad Counselors

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,013 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline, Mike69
71,835 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation