Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
OP Offline
H
I don't know what the deal is. However, OM was not an old boyfriend. My parents are both living and I don't have a sister in CA.

But that was long ago. My EA was in February 2006, over in March 2006, and exposed. My EP's are in place. It's a non-issue.

The advice for this thread was to gather intel, and I have the items in place for that. So far nothing weird on keylogger, nothing untoward on var hidden in car. I'll keep watching.

HTH

I'm the FWW EA 2/06-3/06 NC 3/06 BH still not sure
G
G
HowToHeal,

So I'll discount everything you posted before these recent postings as unreliable.

Was there ever a downside for OM in all of this did your BH ever go after him or expose OM to OMs family, church or workplace. Did your BH ever speak with OM to confirm your story.?

God Bless
Gamma

P
P
Sadly, this poster has never taken MB advice to remove herself from this abuse.
Why not, HTH?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

H
OP Offline
H
Oh my gosh, Gamma, give me a break! It was ages ago!!! I got excellent advice from Mortarman, medc, Chrisner (rest his soul), Pepperband, and many others.

I don't know if he talked to OM, he did have all the contact info. OM lived thousands of miles away. I didn't know anything about OM's family, it was a 6 week EA with someone I didn't know!!!!

Prisca- "this abuse" has stopped. Completely. That's why.

M
M
Originally Posted by howtoheal
Prisca- "this abuse" has stopped. Completely. That's why.

It sounds like it hasn't if he spent nine years continuing to bring it up and make you pay for it:

DH has made the last almost 9 years since my EA very hard, up until the last year or so bringing it up often.

Here's what Dr. Harley has to say about this sort of situation:

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi5062_qa.html

Originally Posted by Dr. Harley
What she describes to me in her letter is abuse, pure and simple. There is no excuse for the way her husband keeps bringing up her moment of weakness she experienced years ago. He is disrespectful and abusive.

I suggest that she look him right in the eye and say to him, "Listen Buster, do you love me? Do you want me to love you? Do you want to spend the rest of your life with me? If the answers to any of those questions is 'yes' you sure are going about it the wrong way. You are not doing things that I admire, you're doing things that I find disgusting!"

Be sure and check out the rest of that article.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
H
OP Offline
H
Markos, I did say that to him, almost verbatim (I've been on MB since 2006).

I probably exaggerated because I was mad about his possible affair. It has been more than a year that he has brought anything up about my EA, or made me pay for it.

P
P
So, you're in a recovered marriage?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

H
OP Offline
H
You know what, Prisca? It's as recovered as a non-MB participating DH is going to make it. There's nothing I can do about that short of divorcing him, which I'm not going to do. I try to implement things without him knowing they're MB concepts.

P
P
You refuse to raise the bar. I see.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

I
I
You know what, Prisca? It's as recovered as a non-MB participating DH is going to make it. There's nothing I can do about that short of divorcing him, which I'm not going to do.

Life has a way of making the hard decisions for us when we refuse to do it.

Good luck.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

G
G
***EDIT***

Last edited by Toujours; 11/05/14 10:35 PM. Reason: TOS: non MB advice
B
B
You know what, Prisca? It's as recovered as a non-MB participating DH is going to make it. There's nothing I can do about that short of divorcing him, which I'm not going to do. I try to implement things without him knowing they're MB concepts.
Do you have a plan?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

G
G
Howtoheal, sorry to bump an old thread. I have seen you online a couple of times, but you didn't post recently. How are you doing and do you need help? I read your history and am worried about your well being.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 788 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation