Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2900817 07/14/17 03:18 PM
L
Lynn123 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Both my husband and I have read His Needs/Her Needs, and Love Busters. I have also read the survival one and we are/were ready to start the he Wins/She Wins one.

But here is what I want to know...what do I do when he says that he understands the emotional love bank, but says that the account is so much in the red that he is just closing it? So he will not even allow any deposits. He is the one who had "feelings" (he claims that is over), and he is the one who moved out a few months back. I have been the one trying to salvage our marriage.

Hard to do when he closes the account and won't even try.

Any ideas?

U
U
Your husband is having an affair. Is that what you are referring to when you say he has 'feelings?' Did he tell you he has feelings for another woman? Because it is clear by what you wrote that he has been having an affair and has closed his love bank to you because it is open to someone else.

Do you know who the affair is or could be with?

You close your emotional love bank when you are dead. You don't need anyone's permission to even deposit that is the beauty of it. He has hardened his heart and that is likely due to unforgiveness or an offense that has taken place. I would not go so quickly to accuse him of having an affair until you have proof. You can only change you.

S
S
Originally Posted by 4blade1
You close your emotional love bank when you are dead. You don't need anyone's permission to even deposit that is the beauty of it. He has hardened his heart and that is likely due to unforgiveness or an offense that has taken place. I would not go so quickly to accuse him of having an affair until you have proof. You can only change you.
That is nonsense. He has already admitted the affair, and moved out because of it. She said:

Originally Posted by Lynn123
He is the one who had "feelings" (he claims that is over), and he is the one who moved out a few months back.
Your post is really odd, coming from someone who had an affair yourself. Why are you questioning the fact that he had an affair, when he admits it? Why would you show up brand new to a forum, dig up an 18th month-old thread that the person created and never even came back to, and challenge the very sound advice given by a long-term poster who thoroughly understands Dr Harley's advice?

Dr Harley is the one who says that the love bank can be closed. Are you disputing his advice?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
My apologies. I did not read her say he admitted to an affair.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation