Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
OP Offline
S
She's going to be talking to one over the phone on her own. I can't stop her from doing that.

She went to three sessions with me to a marriage counselor and unfortunately she didn't want to go any longer because she said it was making it worse. I think it's because the Counselor was pro-marriage and wanted her to do things she didn't want to make an effort into. Plus, I think the counselor was getting inside of her wall and that led to tears and my wife doesn't want to get behind her wall to reveal the true stuff.

M
M
Originally Posted by stillfightingfor
She's going to be talking to one over the phone on her own. I can't stop her from doing that.

She went to three sessions with me to a marriage counselor and unfortunately she didn't want to go any longer because she said it was making it worse. I think it's because the Counselor was pro-marriage and wanted her to do things she didn't want to make an effort into. Plus, I think the counselor was getting inside of her wall and that led to tears and my wife doesn't want to get behind her wall to reveal the true stuff.

I am sorry to hear all that, but you are correct, there is little you can do. Marriage counselors have an 84% failure rate and have no earthly idea how to save marriages. They have a higher personal divorce rate than the general population. Dr Harley figured that out back in the 70's and stopped traditional marriage counseling for that reason. [he felt he was ripping people off] That is how he came to create Marriage Builders. He based his concepts on tried and true practices based on couples that were still in love after 20 years. His program is very different than traditional marriage programs.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
Read this and listen to the radio clips. Beware of Bad Counselors

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation