Deuternomy 30:19-20 (NIV)
19 This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

The Israelites were about to cross into Jordan. Moses had read to the people the laws, along with the blessings and the curses the Lord was to give for obedience or their rebelliousness. But the message was for them to choose a life for God. They were to love the LORD, always listening, ,always holding on to Him, always keeping His word. And the fruit was a blessed life, not only for them, but also for their children.

Have you chosen life? If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior then you have chosen life. Life in Christ means receiving a full, abundant, eternal life. 1 John 5:12 says, "He who has the Son has life". But there is also a blessing here on earth as we listen to the Lord and follow His words. Jesus said in John 10:10, "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." Satan is the thief who seeks to steal away our abundant life. When we become rebellious, when we turn from God, when we seek after our own desires we allow the thief to start stealing our abundant life here on earth. And while our eternal life is secure, we can damage our witness to others, and even loose a blessed life for our children. Pray that you continue to seek after God's abundant life here on earth. Look for His goodness and follow His will for your life. Always praise His holy name and give thanks for the salvation through His son Jesus Christ.