Isaiah 43:10-13 (NASV)
10 "You are My witnesses," declares the LORD, "And My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me And understand that I am He Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me. 11 "I, even I, am the LORD, And there is no savior besides Me. 12 "It is I who have declared and saved and proclaimed, And there was no strange god among you; So you are My witnesses," declares the LORD, "And I am God. 13 "Even from eternity I am He, And there is none who can deliver out of My hand; I act and who can reverse it?"

Those who know God should easily be able to attest to His presence. These people are witnesses to what He has done. God states He is the Alpha and Omega, the only God in the beginning and the only God that will be there in the end. God provides salvation. And once someone has fallen into the hands of God they are His to do with as He pleases.

In a court system witnesses are important in that they backup and support the truth. Their presence during the event that took place gives credence with supposedly unbiased opinion to the facts. The witness becomes a testimony, someone who can demonstrate what happened, and are counted as favorable and reliable evidence, unless something is presented to taint their character. As witnesses for God, our daily lives become a testimony to everyone who sees us. They hear from us and they watch our actions to see the evidence of God in our life. What if the person who proclaims God to be their savior, who says they depend on God, and who even speaks His truth is found to be questionable in their character. Maybe the bus driver just handed back too much change and the believer in God put it in their pocket instead of returning it. What if the Sunday school teacher of a local church walks out of a bar drunk and accosts a man’s wife? And what about the person who lives one life at work, another life at home, and another life in private while proclaiming to others his faith in Jesus? How will those who witness these failures react? In other words if sin taints our witness, then those who witness our relationship with God become tainted. What is your relationship with God and Jesus? Are you trusting and obeying God and Jesus or are you doing things which cause others to see a false witness? Pray to God others will always see a faithful witness. Ask God to keep you clean, holy and pure and away from the temptations of sin. Learn to be a faithful witness that shows our savior Jesus Christ how much you love him.