Romans 14:11-12 (KJV)
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. 12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

These verses in Romans say that a person is accountable to God the creator. No one is excluded from their life’s account.

In the movie Flatliners, Keifer Sutherland meets the new day’s sun as it’s starting to rise and says, “Today is a good day to die.” In the Star Trek series, the Klingon warriors as they prepare to do battle will often use that same quote. Apache warriors were probably the start of this motto as they used something similar in their language to say this is a good day to die. But the question arises; it is really a good day to die? I remember someone once saying, “What if Jesus showed up right now, would you be proud of where you are or would you be ashamed?” Our days should be filled with the idea of living for God and being accountable to Him. King David wrote the words, “Who is the man that is delighting in life,That is loving enough days to see what is good?” Not all of us see the good in life, but Christ can change that. As we give our lives to Him and allow ourselves to be accountable we can see the good that takes place. Life is good and we should be using it to share our love of God with others until God says come home. If we are going to be accountable to God in the end, we should start living as someone who is accountable to Him now. Pray that you would love life and seek to do God’s will while you are here on this earth. Pray He would hold you accountable to follow Him.