Philippians 1:3-6 (NLT)
3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4 always in my every prayer for you all making request with joy, 5 for your fellowship in the Gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this very thing, that He who hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the Day of Jesus Christ.

At Philippi Paul was scourged and put in confinement; and yet he remembers the Philippians in a joyful way. Paul remembers who his God is and thanks Him for allowing these people to find salvation. The Gospel is the good news of Christ dying for our sins and being resurrected to life that we may live freely. Paul says he is confident Jesus Christ has started a life changing work in the lives of the Philippians and will continue that work until they meet Jesus eternally in heaven.

What things are you confident in when it comes to this world? Are you confident your car will start this morning so you can go to work? Are you confident the lights in your house will always come on? Are you confident your job is secure and will never be taken away? Just how confident are you in life? Paul said there was one thing he was confident of and that is Jesus Christ changes lives and continues to change lives. This is something we can be assured of and confident in. Once you have Christ in your life there is no need to doubt; He is working inside of you to create a new person. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! (NLT translation)” Are you thankful for the new life Christ has given you? Praise God for His Son who died for the sins of the world. Praise the Son for His loving sacrifice that we may life eternally. Pray and give thanks for the gift of salvation that God has provided.