Psalms 139:23-24 (NLT)
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

Psalms 139 is David’s meditation on the omniscient power of God. He recognizes God is everywhere, He knows all. He made us therefore He knows us. In these verses He points out that those who walk in righteousness can take comfort as God observes them and knows their heart.

In the 1983 sci-fi movie Brainstorm researchers developed the Brainstorm System of recording and playing back the actual experiences in the mind of someone else. Every sense was recorded: smell, taste, sight, hearing, touch. These thoughts were then played back and relived by whoever the recorded session was being played for. At one point in the movie Christopher Walken was trying to understand his estranged spouse played by Natalie Wood, so he recorded a segment of her thoughts as she was angry at him. As he played them back in his own mind he finally understood her feelings. Just think we have a God who is able to know and understand all of our thoughts. He knows everything we are feeling and He knows everything we have done. What a blessing it is to have a God who so intimately knows us and cares about us.