2 Timothy 4:16-18 (NLT)
16 At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. 17 But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion's mouth. 18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Paul recounts to Timothy that he had gone on appeal to Caesar and no man came to stand with him in court. As good a man as Paul was, respected by many only, a Christian, a Roman citizen, the Lord was the only one there with him. But Paul knew it was a matter of weakness that one might not come to another’s defense so he asked that others may pardon those who should have come. Then Paul gives the glory to God for all He had done.

The movie Drumline is about a college band playing at Atlanta A and T university. As the highlights for the movie states, “Like a quarterback leading his team to victory, the drumline, a group of talented percussionists, whose cadenced rhythm rocks the rafters of any dome, bring crowds to their feet with their daring feats of music and athleticism.” The synchronization and the unity of the band are shown as being critical. One person out of tune, one person performing alone, and the entire band suffers. Along comes Devon a very talented drummer, but also very undisciplined. During the first half-time show the band starts out as they practiced, but at the end young Devon decides to steal a solo from another player and does it where he gains attention from everyone. Of course the attention he gains from the director is not very pleasant, but condemning. In the verses above Paul was saying Christians should work together like a band in harmony. Their duty was to stand together helping one another and not thinking of their own self. Their work was to be directed to the glory of God and not glory for themselves. But no matter what happens, God is always there to provide deliverance and mercy. Pray that God might help you work in harmony with others. Pray your work will be for His glory and not your glory alone.