Ephesians 6:6-11 (NLT)
6 And this is God’s plan: Both Gentiles and Jews who believe the Good News share equally in the riches inherited by God’s children. Both are part of the same body, and both enjoy the promise of blessings because they belong to Christ Jesus. 7 By God’s grace and mighty power, I have been given the privilege of serving him by spreading this Good News. 8 Though I am the least deserving of all God’s people, he graciously gave me the privilege of telling the Gentiles about the endless treasures available to them in Christ. 9 I was chosen to explain to everyone this mysterious plan that God, the Creator of all things, had kept secret from the beginning. 10 God’s purpose in all this was to use the church to display his wisdom in its rich variety to all the unseen rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. 11 This was his eternal plan, which he carried out through Christ Jesus our Lord.

Paul talks about his privilege to be able to share the Good News of Jesus Christ. Paul refers to it as a privilege because he understands the grace and mercy shown towards him because like everyone else he didn’t deserve the mercy and grace. Paul was given a mission to tell others about God’s grace and mercy found in Jesus Christ. Paul was to prepare the church so that the church might show the glory of God to others. All of this was a part of God’s plan brought about in Jesus Christ.

Out of the book of Acts it says, “The Jewish leaders were infuriated by Stephen’s accusation, and they shook their fists at him in rage. But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed steadily into heaven and saw the glory of God, and he saw Jesus standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand. And he told them, “Look, I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand!” Then they put their hands over their ears and began shouting. They rushed at him and dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. His accusers took off their coats and laid them at the feet of a young man named Saul.” Saul began a life of persecution of Christians until one day Jesus came to him and asked why he was persecuting Him and His people. All of this changed who Saul was. The name Saul meant desired, but Saul took on a new name as he started to serve Christ, it was Paul. Paul meant small or little. He realized in God’s eyes he was a small person who needed salvation just like everyone else. So Paul’s new mission was to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with those who he would have earlier prosecuted and stoned to death. God can change people’s lives. God desires to change your life for the better. Allow God to work in your life and listen to His calling.