Proverbs 2:3-5 (NLT)
3 Cry out for insight, and ask for understanding. 4 Search for them as you would for silver; seek them like hidden treasures. 5 Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord, and you will gain knowledge of God.

The Hebew word used for “cry out” is qara’ which means to cry out in such a way to summon, invite or call. In other words dedicate prayer to God asking for insight and understanding to live daily. They are gracious gifts and valuable to life. And with insight and understanding comes a reverence and respect of God.

Famous lead guitarist for the Beatles George Harrison died at the age of 58 in November of 2001 from throat cancer. He was named one of the greatest guitarists of all times by Rolling Stone magazine. When he died his family made this statement, “He left this world as he lived in it, conscious of God, fearless of death, and at peace, surrounded by family and friends. He often said, 'Everything else can wait but the search for God cannot wait, and love one another.'” Harrison wrote the song, MY SWEET LORD. The song starts out as if it is a praise to Christ, but turns into a Hare Krishna mantra. In his 1982 interview with the Hare Krishna organization he said, "I wanted to show that Hallelujah and Hare Krishna are quite the same thing. I DID THE VOICES SINGING 'HALLELUJAH' AND THEN THE CHANGE TO 'HARE KRISHNA' SO THAT PEOPLE WOULD BE CHANTING THE MAHA-MANTRA BEFORE THEY KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON! . . . My idea in 'My Sweet Lord,' because it sounded like a 'pop song,' was to sneak up on them a bit. The point was to have the people not offended by 'Hallelujah,' and by the time it gets to 'Hare Krishna,' they're already hooked, and their foot's tapping, and they're already singing along 'Hallelujah,' to kind of lull them into a sense of false security. And then suddenly it turns into 'Hare Krishna," and they will all be singing that before they know what's happened, and they will think, 'Hey, I thought I wasn't supposed to like Hare Krishna! . . . It was just a little trick really"

In 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 Paul said, “But I fear that somehow your pure and undivided devotion to Christ will be corrupted, just as Eve was deceived by the cunning ways of the serpent. You happily put up with whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different kind of Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed.” Pray God will always lead you along the right paths. Pray for insight and understanding that you would know and fear the true God, and the true Christ. Pray you would be influenced by God alone and not the ways of the world.