Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1532807 12/02/05 03:44 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Dear Wind....

I felt you blow by me this morning while I strolled alone before the morning dawn.

The brushing sound of rustling leaves that you orchestrated accompanied me like a close friend.

I treasure the effects you have on my surroundings...bringing a refreshing coolness when I'm warm; or warming the empty coolness that often fills my soul.

You stir the memories that reside deep within my heart. -- A familiar scent or a sudden shiver and the way you kiss my face when I meet you head on takes me into another world that so few would even know existed.

I hum a love song that mounts up on your wings and escapes to far away places. And you quickly return the melody while wrapping your arms around me reminding me that though unseen, I feel your presence always.

Let your gales blow on...sweet flurries of life...blow on....

Your breath that flutters past my ears, drowns out the empty voices that whisper to me.
I stop from time to time and look behind, trying to find a trace of your being.
It is your faint breeze that calms the tempest within me.

I stop and gaze as trees sway from your gusts; while the first golden red rays, hinting of another sunrise, dance across their tops. Beams of light try to prevail as they filter their way through the gray canopy of another empty day. One more comforting sign that you are close by.

So few leaves remain now, as another season takes it’s toll. Naked branches mirror my own reaching out to grasp your heart.
I look out across the expanding pasturelands where an earlier frost has robbed the greenery of its life. I know that chill all too well.
And still, I find this blend of warmth and sadness that envelopes me on this day.
Where do I go from here? Can I turn and retrace my steps or continue on this journey along a road that is so familiar, yet, so remotely foreign to my feet.

And so long as I know I can feel you swirl around and in and through me, I guess I shall yield to your sway and smile.

So again, I bid thee…

Let your gales blow on …sweet flurries of life, blow on…

D
D
Hey Lighthouse,

This is very beautiful. I always appreciate your words, thanks for sharing it!

Dawnn #1532809 12/06/05 08:42 PM
L
OP Offline
L
:-)

I think I have a fan. *smile*

Thanks Dawnn

Wish I could explain it...but living out in the country...I have a lot of time to myself. Being around the outdoor countryside at this time of the year evokes a lot of emotions and thoughts for me. Guess I use this place as a dumping ground.

D
D
Yep. Me too. This time of year is pretty special.

Snow flakes falling down...These are some great words though. I enjoyed them. Actually, I was able to walk with you in them. Perhaps a lot of it is because we are old timers here. Kind of know where you are coming from.

: )

Dawnn #1532811 12/06/05 09:32 PM
L
OP Offline
L
lol...actually...we're suppose to get snowflakes ourselves tomorrow...but I'll believe it when I see it.

Snowfalls can be quite a trigger for me into another world as well...as long as I keep my coat zipped and my chin up.
:-)

Have you ever heard this song by Jim Brickman: ?

---
Winter snow is falling down
Children laughing all around
Lights are turning on
like a fairy tale come true.

Sitting by the fire we made
You're the answer when i prayed
I would find someone
and baby I found you.

All I want is to hold you forever
All I need is you more every day
You saved my heart
from being broken apart
You gave your love away
and I'm thankful every day
for the gift.

Watching as you softly sleep
What I'd give if I could keep
Just this moment
if only time stood still.

But the colors fade away
And the years will make us grey
But baby in my eyes
You'll still be beautiful.

You saved my heart
from being broken apart
You gave your love away
And I'm thankful every day
for the gift.

(instrumental)

You saved my heart
from being broken apart
You gave your love away
I can't find the words to say
That I'm thankful every day
for the gift.
----

Really a special song to me.

D
D
Yes it is one of my favorites. No- right now my favorite. Pulls me in. It's beautilful and magical. I plan to buy the whole album finally this year. It stops my heart when I hear it - in a good way of course

as far as the 'zipping up'....

I would suggest you do that.. : ) It is bitter cold.

I have a cold myself. Got it from my oldest son, trying to keep it from my youngest.

Hope you and yours had a nice Thanksgiving. Ours was crazy. Loud as 5 little boys made some noise. Didn't even all sit down to the table together...there were shifts...

Dawnn #1532813 12/06/05 09:45 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Yepper...I've Been there and done that. Shift stuff with the dinner table, that is. Hang in there. A time will come when you will all be able to sit together have have intelligent conversations...and then they actually don't mind helping clean up the mess afterwards.

Sorry to hear about the 'sickness' stuff. Guess you can be glad it's not that bird flu eveyone is talking about.

I'm around kids all the time...and somehow am able to steer clear of a lot of the junk that goes around.

D
D
I hear you. I am sure you are right.

These days are long sometimes. Just long...
Things are ok here. Enjoying the excitment that my two year old gives around here. Lots of smiles there. My brother is bringing us down though. To me it is a real faith wretching issue. He is off the wagon- as it were - so we focus on his son..sigh.

Other than that things are ok around here.

Trust your family is well.
I hope you have a beautiful Chirstmas! Yes, listening to Jim Brickman...it really does calm the heart. Kind of takes me away to another happier place. One I'd love to live in. Smile...well if only.

Last edited by Dawnn; 12/18/05 12:09 AM.
Dawnn #1532815 12/18/05 05:20 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Hello again stranger

Nice to know you like that album/cd.

I had that one on playing this morning....go figure. My all time favorite I think.

Can't believe how quickly we are upon Christmas. I must be getting old as quickly as it comes around. I should probably get busy with my shopping. lol

Say...if/when you get a chance...go see Chronicles of Narnia. Great movie. Very well done. I took more than just a 'few' kiddos to see that one. :-)

Hope you all have a blessed Christmas as well. Sorry to hear about your bro.
:-(

Here's hoping you will get a white Christmas. Santa will need it if he's going to visit those little ones of yours. ;-)

Haven't seen any of your writings of late, poetry wise. You have a gift...you should use it more often.

Take care

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation