Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1849493 03/24/07 03:53 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Has anyone's spouse ever said "I love you but I'm not in love with you." without having an affair?

me 38 her 36
married 3/30/91 , separated 7/07, final divorce papers just signed 3/08
R
R
I doubt it ...

R
R
Steve, not sure, but this post sounds like you need to be in General Questions ... a lot more traffic there.

They can help you.

S
OP Offline
S
I will move it thanks.

me 38 her 36
J
J
I highly doubt it. If a spouse were NOT having an affair, perhaps they would say someting like "Im not happy".

That statement is a huge red flag, in my opinion

BS: Me, 43
FWH: 50
EA/PA with My Friend Jan-Apr 06
DDay: 4/29/06
NC: email 5/1/06

Recovering
C
C
JustKim,

Even this statement ("I'm not happy") is a red flag for me. My husband kept telling me he wasn't happy these past couple of months, then I found out he was having an affair.

But, yeah, I would say if S is saying "I love you but I'm not in love w/ you", they're probably having an A.

C
C
I've said it often and have never had an affair. It's possible. Perhaps that's a clue that your spouse wants you to actually recognize that the marriage needs work.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks you guys and girls for responding. She said it after a few big fights we had. And when I push her for an answer. She wants to move out now. She is beyond wanting to work on marriage it seems. She says she can't be what I want her to be. So it seems most cases when a wife says Love you but not in love with you there is an affair but there are a few exceptions. Thanks

me 38 her 36
R
R
Hello,

For your partner to say this to you is very worrying, i have recently found out that my wife of 5 years has had 2 affairs last year, i remember numerous times when we talked last year she would say the exact same thing to me. there is a differerance from being in love and loving somebody, if you cuddle each close you should feel like you are safe and there is no other place that you would like to be, when you make love you should look into each others eyes and feel that connection, when intimacy starts to feel routine and something that you feel you need to do then you are not in love. my opinion only but i would definetly start watching what my partner is doing and who she/he is doing it with.

Russell

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation