Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2051534 05/03/08 04:19 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Jerry, I know you feel offended, but the ezb dude didn't want any help, and certainly not any help from God or from anyone who wouldn't tell him that it's okay to do whatever he wants to do.

Some people are beyond help, mainly because they don't want help.

They just like to stir up trouble and try to make everyone believe that "wrong" is "right" just so they can keep on doing whatever they want to do.

MARRIAGE is defined and no amount of self-centeredness will change the definition just so they can continue in satisfying their selfishness through immorality.

Ezb was not interested in Marriage Building, and has no interest in a real marriage.

Maverick was not the one "at fault."

God bless.

S
S
You are absolutuly correct FH.

I am just tottally frustated, my fault i guess.

Thanks for the reminder;

all blessings.
Jerry

Why is it thats God's word and His love is not enough??

I often break down in tears, is that normal?

Q
Q
Why is it thats Gos's word and His love is not enough??

I break down in tears and stuff like today. Having a very hard day.

Doubting myself on what IS G-ds word, but I also can put into thought that this is the enemy creating doubt in us.

I would just like to throw out, that until we come to the point where G-ds love IS enough, that we are going to hurt. People, places and things disappoint us, but G-d? He is always there for us, we just have to reach and search. Maybe his word and his love HAS to just be enough before all the BLESSINGS he wants to BESTOW on us can happen?

Just really talking from mouth. smile Not even sure if it makes sense.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
L
L
Originally Posted by QueeniesNewLife
Maybe his word and his love HAS to just be enough before all the BLESSINGS he wants to BESTOW on us can happen?

amen.

FS: Me, 31 WS: Dh, 36 DD's: 6, 4 weeks D-Day: 11/16/07 Plan A: 1/13/07 Recovery: 3/10/08 My Original Thread God's timing is perfect. He is never late. --Joyce Meyer Battlefield of the Mind
LostPixie #2051548 05/03/08 05:10 PM
Q
Q
smile

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
R
R
((((((Jerry))))))

So much pain here today...I wish there was something I could say or do to help you all. Let go, and let God...

Music has always helped me... Listen to something uplifting that always stregthens you and brightens your day, maybe???

Praying for you all...

PS...FH is right about that poster--he wanted band-aids for a festering wound, but can't even admit to himself what caused the wound to begin with...how do you help someone like that?? Not possible. Try not to internalize other people's junk (I have a hard time with this myself!)

Peace,
LaLa

FWW(me) 37
BS 38
DS 9 & 5
PA 7/06-8/06
Dday 2/17/07

Fogapalooza-My Babbly Beginning
My Story
F
OP Offline
F
Why is it thats Gos's word and His love is not enough??

(((((Jerry)))))

God asks the same question, Jerry.

Jesus invested Himself in us to be THE answer to our estrangement from God. He was the "final sacrifice."

His love is "not enough" because we don't want it to be enough.
We want what WE want, when we want it, and we don't like to acknowledge that we have to surrender our lives to Him and learn from Him what love really is.

Consider the rejection He faced, and STILL He loved us.

Those who do not know Christ don't know love from God's perspective, and in many cases (like the ezb guy), don't WANT to know Christ because it would "interfere" with their doing things "their way."

The short answer to your question, though, is that we still have a sin-nature that is at "war" with the spirit-nature that is ours only in Christ.

I often break down in tears, is that normal?

Yes, Jerry, it's normal. Especially when we realize the true nature of sin, both our own and those we care about. The magnitude of the love God the Son chose and the love that the Father had for us is so humbling that tears are normal because we begin to glimpse just what that love COST.

And I understand your question in that light.

God bless.

S
S
Thanks FH and Queenie and Resonance,
and a big thank you to Maverick grin

Some times you have to do as Jesus instructed and just shake the dust off your sandals and move on.

All blessings,
Jerry

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation