Luke 18:35-43 (NLT)
35 As Jesus approached Jericho, a blind beggar was sitting beside the road. 36 When he heard the noise of a crowd going past, he asked what was happening. 37 They told him that Jesus the Nazarene was going by. 38 So he began shouting, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” 39 “Be quiet!” the people in front yelled at him. But he only shouted louder, “Son of David, have mercy on me!” 40 When Jesus heard him, he stopped and ordered that the man be brought to him. As the man came near, Jesus asked him, 41 “What do you want me to do for you?” “Lord,” he said, “I want to see!” 42 And Jesus said, “All right, receive your sight! Your faith has healed you.” 43 Instantly the man could see, and he followed Jesus, praising God. And all who saw it praised God, too.

In these verses we have a blind beggar who calls out to Jesus. And although others tried to stop his attempt to get the attention of Jesus he continued to call out to Christ. Jesus then had the man brought to him, and while Christ could see the man was a blind beggar; he asked, “What do you want me to do for you?” The man said, “I want to see” and Jesus healed his blindness.

In the story above Jesus asked the blind man what he wanted from Him. The blind man was acquainted with asking others for help with food or possibly money. But this man was excited about the question he wanted to ask Jesus. While others tried to hold him back, the man kept calling out to Jesus. Jesus heard the repetitious calls and asked the man to be brought to him. Upon hearing his request Jesus healed the man and told him it was his faith that saved him. There are those in this world that will try to hold you back from faith in Christ. But as we saw the blind man was persistent in his pursuit of Jesus. Jesus wants us to bring our requests to Him and as we ask and He answers it strengthens the faith we have in Christ.