PSALM 19:12-13 (NLT)
12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. 13 Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin.

In this psalm King David asks God a question, “How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?” David was familiar with sin in his life, but he didn’t always recognize the sin even when it was in front of him. However once David understood his sin he was quick to confess it to God. But this question is a valid question, how does he know all the sins? God gave laws and commandments, but even then a person does not always recognize their own faults. So David asks God not to let those hidden sins make him deliberately sin. David wants to be free from the guilt of sin, but realizes that is only a task God can help him with.

Luke 5 has the following story about Jesus: “Later, as Jesus left the town, he saw a tax collector named Levi sitting at his tax collector’s booth. “Follow me and be my disciple,” Jesus said to him. So Levi got up, left everything, and followed him. Later, Levi held a banquet in his home with Jesus as the guest of honor. Many of Levi’s fellow tax collectors and other guests also ate with them. But the Pharisees and their teachers of religious law complained bitterly to Jesus’ disciples, “Why do you eat and drink with such scum?” Jesus answered them, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners and need to repent.” Jesus was saying there are people who know they have sin hidden away in their lives, but they don’t know how to deal with it. They want to be free and they want to repent. So Jesus said I have come for those people and not the ones who think they are religious and think there is any need for repentance. I have come to heal those who know they are sick. Do you have sin in your life hidden away that you know you need to repent from. Christ the Lord is waiting with open arms to accept you, show you His love, His mercy and His grace. Don’t wait, turn to Christ today!