Isaiah 65:1-7 (The Message)
1 -7 "I've made myself available to those who haven't bothered to ask. I'm here, ready to be found
by those who haven't bothered to look. I kept saying 'I'm here, I'm right here'
to a nation that ignored me. I reached out day after day
to a people who turned their backs on me, People who make wrong turns,
who insist on doing things their own way. They get on my nerves,
are rude to my face day after day, Make up their own kitchen religion,
a potluck religious stew. They spend the night in tombs
to get messages from the dead, Eat forbidden foods
and drink a witch's brew of potions and charms. They say, 'Keep your distance.
Don't touch me. I'm holier than thou.' These people gag me.
I can't stand their stench. Look at this! Their sins are all written out—
I have the list before me. I'm not putting up with this any longer.
I'll pay them the wages They have coming for their sins.
And for the sins of their parents lumped in,
a bonus." God says so. "Because they've practiced their blasphemous worship,
mocking me at their hillside shrines, I'll let loose the consequences
and pay them in full for their actions."

The prophecy given by Isaiah is later told by the Apostle Paul as the calling of the Gentiles and the falling away of Jews who had rejected God. God speaks out as he says, “I kept saying, ‘I’m here, I’m right here’ to a nation that ignored me.” God was tired of those who had become obstinate and followed their own ways, their own beliefs and their own pride. God was ready to let loose the consequences on a nation that had turned away from him.

In 2 Corinthians the Paul says the following, “But thank God! He has made us his captives and continues to lead us along in Christ’s triumphal procession. Now he uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere, like a sweet perfume. Our lives are a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God. But this fragrance is perceived differently by those who are being saved and by those who are perishing. To those who are perishing, we are a dreadful smell of death and doom. But to those who are being saved, we are a life-giving perfume. And who is adequate for such a task as this? You see, we are not like the many hucksters who preach for personal profit. We preach the word of God with sincerity and with Christ’s authority, knowing that God is watching us.” The apostle is spreading the gospel of Christ. There are some who reject the message just as those who in Isaiah rejected God. But there are also those who accept the message of Salvation and to them it is a sweet perfume. Senator Obama make this statement in 2007, “Whatever we once were, we're no longer just a Christian nation; we are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers. We should acknowledge this and realize that when we're formulating policies from the state house to the Senate floor to the White House, we've got to work to translate our reasoning into values that are accessible to every one of our citizens, not just members of our own faith community.” The Senator is correct in some aspects; this country has moved away from its roots of Christianity. There are those who are protected to worship as they please and that is ok. But maybe we as Christians haven’t been vocal enough in our beliefs. Instead we have let the media and other organizations push us aside. Christ commanded us to reach out to others and love them. So we should not sit back and allow others to trample over our beliefs. Some declare we should be tolerant, but where is the tolerance for Christianity. Even the Christmas Holidays have become a target where Christmas has become X-mas and X=anything but being Christian. Pray for the healing of this nation that many would turn back to the God of our forefathers and exhibit the love, grace and mercy Christ intended us to show even in the face of adversity. We are told to be proud that we are Americans, but also be proud we are Christians.