Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P
P
Originally Posted by Krazy71
Your boy Dubya is borderline retarded AND corrupt. Obama can do no worse, short of inciting a global thermonuclear war.

Yer boy Obama is beyond corrupt stealing ninety million from Freddy Mac and Fannie Mae and you guys give him a free pass.

I do believe the zombie apocalypse is upon us.

Obama only won by unprecedented cheating and that's been proven.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
N
nia17 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I guess that Howard Stern has shown (and I can't stand Howard Stern) that Obama supporters are likely to "endorse" and "support" ANYTHING Obama might actually do simply because "he is the annointed one."

"Single issue" voters? How about "no issue" voters?

It's going to be a very interesting ride these next 4 years.

Well, I Can't stand Howard Stern either.
Not everybody who voted for Obama is a a "no issue" voter....Alot of Independents AND registered republicans voted for Obama this year simply because the GOP ticket didn't represent anything they could feel positive about.

Sure,some people supported Obama for simple reasons....or simply voted AGAINST the GOP.
Back 2000-2004, I lived in a county w/ a large neo-nazi, white supremisct population. You should have seen some of the propaganda they used to sent out. They were BIG Bush supporters...and I'm sure he was glad to have thier votes.

This thread has nothing to do w/ the article posted in the title. Nobody even addressed what how the GOP messed up this election........just more fingerpoitnign and blaming the other side.
This thread is more evidence of what the article I posted was all about....the Republican party is divided and fighting amongst itself and wasn't worthy of winning this year.

I suppose it will be an interesting 4 years for you, and if the republican party continues down this path 4 might turn into 8 or 12.

Last edited by nia17; 11/06/08 07:22 PM.
F
F
This thread has nothing to do w/ the article posted in the title. Nobody even addressed what how the GOP messed up this election........just more fingerpoitnign and blaming the other side.

Well shoot, nia, that's a fairly easy one. The GOP forgot what Conservatism is all about and pretty much allowed itself to be "corrupted" by Washington "as usual," essentially following after Democrat precident.

Only now, people are going to likely get a chance to see what real "Tax and Spend" is like with Democrat control. Either that, or Obama is not going to try to "come through" with the almost ONE TRILLION dollars in additional spending he promised to "get the votes."

N
nia17 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Well shoot, nia, that's a fairly easy one. The GOP forgot what Conservatism is all about and pretty much allowed itself to be "corrupted" by Washington "as usual," essentially following after Democrat precident.

Only now, people are going to likely get a chance to see what real "Tax and Spend" is like with Democrat control. Either that, or Obama is not going to try to "come through" with the almost ONE TRILLION dollars in additional spending he promised to "get the votes."

Just more sarcasm and finger pointing and blaming!....1 of the major reason the GOP lost so many votes this year....Just keep hoping and praying that the democrats and Obama screw up the economy that much more,and people will feel desperate enough to vote for a bunch of snarky, divisive, egomaniacs again in 4 years?

Originally Posted by nia17
Just more sarcasm and finger pointing and blaming!....1 of the major reason the GOP lost so many votes this year....Just keep hoping and praying that the democrats and Obama screw up the economy that much more,and people will feel desperate enough to vote for a bunch of snarky, divisive, egomaniacs again in 4 years?

Do you think there will be a Republican party in 4 years? I'm republican (last voted that way for Bush Sr), but I'd like 2 see the Religious Wrong split off and form their own party, so we can see if the republicans can reinvigorate themselves for another try in 4 or 8 years.

I might have liked 2 see McCain with a different running mate, but now we'll never know how he might have done. He's 2old for another try in 4 years. He should have been the nominee in 2000.

It's going 2 be interesting 2 see what Obama manages 2 accomplish.

-ol' 2long

S
S
This thread is more evidence of what the article I posted was all about....the Republican party is divided and fighting amongst itself and wasn't worthy of winning this year.

article? where?

N
nia17 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by smidgen

article? where?

highlight this link...
GOP Viewpoint: We Got The Thumping We Deserve

sorry it wasn't more clear...maybe i should have copied and posted it.

M
M
There is no link, Nia.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
A
sorry it wasn't more clear...maybe i should have copied and posted it.

Is this it??

AGG

N
nia17 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Goober_
There is no link,

this should help..

GOP Viewpoint: We Got The Thumping We Deserve : NPR
GOP Viewpoint: We Got The Thumping We Deserve. by Rod Dreher. John Zak ... I am a Republican, and I've had it with my side, who got the thumping we deserve. ...
www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=96619430 - 55ka.

sorry about that.
I am not having any luck copying and pasting the article either.

N
nia17 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by medc
It wouldn't change the national results on bit...but this interesting.

108% of registered voters in Montgomery County, PA voted. This is normally a republican stronghold. Obama won it by 30% points. But a review by the Philadelphia Inquirer shows that there were more votes cast than eligible voters.

Shocking...nope.

Can you post that link? I couldn't find it in the Inquirer.

Some of those votes could be students who just registered.
My son is a college freshman in Philadelphia....he registered to vote the day he moved into his dorm and his address and vote were recorded for Pennsylvania..... when he went to vote, he was not listed as a resident and he had to fill out a provisional ballot..... I *think* his school is in Delaware county, but I imagine it would be similar in Montgomery.

I was born in Montgomery county and although, traditionally Republican, I know it has been trending blue in the last several years... if the information below is correct, Montgomery county voted for Gore in 2000 and Kerry in 2004.
here is the link....www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genInfo.php?locIndex=14467

Montgomery County, PA

2006 elections: In the gubernatorial race, Pennsylvania re-elected incumbent Democrat Ed Rendell over Republican Lynn Swann, with 60% of the vote. For Senate, the state elected Democrat Bob Casey over Rick Santorum, with 59% of the ballot.

Presidential politics: Montgomery County voted Democratic in the last two presidential elections. According to unofficial vote totals for 2004, Bush received 172,206 votes and Kerry received 217,342 votes.

In the November 2000 race, Montgomery County supported Al Gore. Countywide, 145,623 people voted for Bush and 177,990 voted for Gore. Nader received 6,816 votes.

In the November 2000 election, Montgomery County supported Al Gore. Countywide, 145,623 people voted for Bush and 177,990 voted for Gore. Nader received 6,816 votes.

Voters: Measured by the count of citizens age 18 and older at the time of the 2000 census, Montgomery County has the following numbers of potential voters:
Total: 548,568
Male: 258,741 (47.2%)
Female: 289,827 (52.8%)

N
nia17 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by 2long

Do you think there will be a Republican party in 4 years? I'm republican (last voted that way for Bush Sr), but I'd like 2 see the Religious Wrong split off and form their own party, so we can see if the republicans can reinvigorate themselves for another try in 4 or 8 years.

I might have liked 2 see McCain with a different running mate, but now we'll never know how he might have done. He's 2old for another try in 4 years. He should have been the nominee in 2000.

It's going 2 be interesting 2 see what Obama manages 2 accomplish.

-ol' 2long

I think the last republican I voted for was Dole. I lived in Kansas City at the time. I was never a Clinton fan, but, Hillary has earned my respect. I think McCain would have been a good choice in 2000....but,I couldn't vote for him this year. I think the Republicans will be back in 2012.....but, I am still uncertain as to how they will choose to present themselves and that will matter to me.
It will be interesting to see what Obama manages to accomplish w/ all the obstacles he has facing him.....I am certainly wishing him (and the rest of us) all the best.

Last edited by nia17; 11/07/08 01:19 AM.
A
A
Presidential politics: Montgomery County voted Democratic in the last two presidential elections. According to unofficial vote totals for 2004, Bush received 172,206 votes and Kerry received 217,342 votes.

In the November 2000 race, Montgomery County supported Al Gore. Countywide, 145,623 people voted for Bush and 177,990 voted for Gore. Nader received 6,816 votes.

In the November 2000 election, Montgomery County supported Al Gore. Countywide, 145,623 people voted for Bush and 177,990 voted for Gore. Nader received 6,816 votes.

And Montgomery County (where I used to live) went Democratic this time as well:

Barack Obama/Joe Biden, Democratic .......... 3,196,820 votes 54.6%
John McCain/Sarah Palin, Republican .......... 2,593,336 votes 44.3%
Ralph Nader/Matt Gonzales, Independent .......... 42,138 votes 0.7%
Bob Barr/Wayne A. Root, Libertarian .......... 19,436 votes 0.3%

F
F

Interesting non-biased descriptions of your true feelings Nia.

As if those descriptions don't apply at least as well if not better to a large number of Democrats too.

ahhh...the politics of personal destruction is alive and well within the ranks of the Democrat Party. Don't discuss issues, just toss out the disrespectful judgments and forget about the principles that have made this country so great where a Barack Obama COULD run and get elected.

Sound over substance. Fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time.

With his "fence mender, reach across the aisle" Chief of Staff to be already picked, we have the first indication of just how "healing" an Obama Presidency is likely to be. Can't wait to see the rest of his picks.

And why we are discussing this sort of "bipartisanship" that everyone seems to think is such a good thing, what ever happened to Nancy Pelosi and the WORDS she used when she took power in the House? What ever happened to the approval rating of Congress, which she and Harry Reid use to do little more than promote far left Democrat issues and do virutally nothing for the country?

"snarky, divisive, egomaniacs again in 4 years?"

We don't have to wait 4 years to see it in action, it's already there in full view in the House and the Senate.

And it's been "perfected" by the Democrats. But since you may think that they are "your sort of snarky, divisive, egomaniacs," I doubt you'd see that. And for the Republicans, maybe they will learn that John McCain's "idea" of reaching across the aisle to the LEFT maybe is NOT such a good idea.

Now, if you really want to see "snarky, divisive, egomaniacs" in action, just keep your gaze focused on California, where the PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN and have AMENDED their State Constitution to restrict MARRIAGE to a union between a Man and a Woman, period.

The ACACLU (The Anti-Conservative Anti-Constitution Liberal Union) will no doubt rush right in to attack the will of the people because they are "just too dumb" to know what they want or what they SHOULD believe. "Snarky, divisive, egomaniacs" again in 4 years? Naaa, we won't have to wait anywhere near that long to see the Liberal Left brandishing their manias again.

F
F
Nobody even addressed what how the GOP messed up this election

Forgive me. I should have realized that you were NOT being sincere in your question and were simply doing the "Liberal Norm" of baiting so you could "happily pounce" on whatever response there might be. "Discuss Issues?" Never. Typical.

But I can see you are intent on NOT attempting on unifying the country, just in giving lip service to a "nice sound bite" and then going right back to total partisanship driven by emotions and wants and desires. Forget what IS good for the country, just as we are very likely to see continued in Congress and fortified by Obama as he seeks to change the Nation and move us further and further AWAY from the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

Next up.....the "Fairness Doctrine" in Media and the "Freedom of Choice" Act. Both designed to kill "inconviences" and ensure that they can DO whatever they want to do with no "opposition."

N
nia17 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Interesting non-biased descriptions of your true feelings Nia.

As if those descriptions don't apply at least as well if not better to a large number of Democrats too.

ahhh...the politics of personal destruction is alive and well within the ranks of the Democrat Party. Don't discuss issues, just toss out the disrespectful judgments and forget about the principles that have made this country so great where a Barack Obama COULD run and get elected.

Sound over substance. Fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time.

You just never stop, do you?
OFCOURSE, the description applies to democrats too....THAT was never the point....but, THEY won the election this time.....the article explained some good reasons why (no, it wasn't all about issues that are important to YOU) and you just keep continuing to accuse anybody who isn't on 100% on YOUR side (whatever that is) as being liberal and insincere and not worthy of discussion.... Refuse to discuss anything else.
You change every thread into a fight against the OTHER side.
it is exhausting.

C
C
it is exhausting.
smile

M
M
\
I guess it is a matter of perspective. I feel that way about you at times Nia. I have learned that the ignore feature works wonders for my stress level. If FH bothers you, why not ignore him?

N
nia17 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Forgive me. I should have realized that you were NOT being sincere in your question and were simply doing the "Liberal Norm" of baiting so you could "happily pounce" on whatever response there might be. "Discuss Issues?" Never. Typical.

Oh, please.....do you really need to do that over and over again?
How am I baiting and who am I happily Pouncing on?
THAT was not my intention w/ posting this article.
And the issue I wanted to discuss had nothing to do w/ defending democrats issues as being better than republican issues.....I surely don't agree w/ most ot them.....but, I do see the democrats as a much more unified party right now and I would like to see the GOP pull togethe rand represent something that *I* can relate to again.......NOT a party that makes me want to vote against it on so many levels.
And, YES, I agree that people are influenced by the media as well as anything they read online....All the more reason for republicans to take into consideration that many american voters are NOT as swayed by the same issues that YOU are.

A
A
Originally Posted by ForeverHers
Now, if you really want to see "snarky, divisive, egomaniacs" in action, just keep your gaze focused on California, where the PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN and have AMENDED their State Constitution to restrict MARRIAGE to a union between a Man and a Woman, period.

This is far from being the last word on the issue. First, there are strong arguments that a constitution cannot be amended by a simple majority vote, so this may not stand on those grounds alone. Second, most indications are that this is nothing more than a temporary setback in time, and that before long this issue will fall by the wayside just like the interracial marriage restriction fell by the wayside some 40 years ago.

AGG

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,086 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation