Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2169587 12/05/08 04:40 PM
D
drgnfly Offline OP
OP Offline
D
The first time I met my FIL, he was walking down the hall of their house and suddenly dropped to the floor in pain. He has major back issues and had what's called a TINS Unit. This is a device that has little patches that stick to your skin and it sends electrical pulses to stimulate the nerves. We used to goof around with it and put it on our arms or faces and watch the muscles jump and our faces move out of control. That was always on low. When FIL fell that first day, he had turned it on when it was set to high - dropped to floor in pain.

So I was thinking. BS hooks up a TINS Unit to the WS in certain areas and asks them to dial the OP number, contact them in some way, or even say the OP name. Then BAM!!! BS turns the TINS Unit on high. We make them do it over and over again until their learned response is to shrivel in pain everytime they think of the OP.

What do you think??

BW-31
FWH-32(skald)
DD-5
In Recovery
"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

"To Err is Human. To Arr is Pirate."
C
C
Just don't play Beethoven's Ode To Joy while doing this "treatment" or you'll rob the WS of the ability to enjoy the lovely Ludwig Van.

wink

Me: 41, INFP
Her: 46, ESFJ
Married 6/95
B-G Twins
4 yrs recovered from serious neglect on my part.
So happy together!
R
R
Oh, boy. I hear where you're coming from. And I don't blame you one bit.

I say, buy the TNS unit. rotflmao

RHW

Me BS 61
Him FWS 63
Married 40 years
D-Day 6/30/06
Still can't believe it.
6/08 Recovering nicely. Anything is possible!
M
M
Actually the premise with all MB methods is more to the positive reinforcement side of things...

If you think about Dr Harley's basic premise to all of this other stuff, it is that "LOVE" is a response to stimulus and nothing more. So when we meet the ENs of our spouse, giving him/her a feeling of well-being while with us, and avoid Love Busters which would make him/her feel unhappy when with us, what we are doing is using positive reinforcement to stimulate him/her into wanting to be with us while preventing any negative reinforcement that would make him/her want to stay away from us.

The idea of electric shock might work though...

It is the Love Buster aspect of AOs that prevent them from anger and shouting making the WS unhappy after contact with the AP. So while it might seem that screaming and making a WS uncomfortable over continued contact with AP might eventually break the cycle, the problem is that while attempting to do this you are actually making the WS more likely to avoid you than AP.

Besides, by the time it reaches this point, the WS has likely already given up on the marriage relationship and would just as easily decide to leave as to stay.

Now to make sure NC stays intact, electric shock might work but so would Plan Glock (S&W.40 is my favorite) but the law might frown on both methods...

With tongue firmly in cheek... cool

Mark

K
K
This is a little more "primitive" but may have the same effect.

Have a hypnotherapist induce memories of OW, then hold potassium nitrate under his nose. Repeat and repeat, until it has the desired effects. (potassium nitrate prevents an erection and takes the steam out of arousal) wink

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
C
C
My fantasy for pain for the wh was total body tweezing....total. You know, I don't think many men would want the back of their neck tweezed. Or their arm pits. Or, other places.

And, additionally, regrowth is no fun. So, the tweezing would have to be kept up and repeated over and over and over again. All over their bodies!

M
M
Cinders,

It might make him less likely to take his pants off in front of another woman he was trying to impress too... blush

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation