Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
P
P
I sent WW an email asking her if she wants a divorce today.

So what was her response?

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
So what was her response?

She doesn't want to negotiate. She wants to let the Lawyers slug it out. I'm pretty sure she's living from pay check to pay check. She didn't follow through on her threat to file before because she doesn't have the money.

Dumb on her part... I have a war chest... I'm not too worried about spending money on attorneys. If she want's a war...

It's her funeral.

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
And on the western front...

I did some number crunching this morning. I guestimated how much Ex wife owes in back child support. Just a guess... around $22,000. I could be way off but I took into account the 12% interest they put on her back child support, and also added that into the 4 1/2 years from 2003 to 2008 that she didn't pay anything. (She got off probation in December 2003 and guess when the payments stopped? yep.... December 2003)

I called TX to see if they sent the detailed report on her reconciled account. They sent it on Monday and I should have it in a couple of days.

My lawyer sent me an email with some good news. He did some research to see if what she owes can offset what my child support payments might be. And... Yes they can be offset. She just has to have enough money to live on.

So the next step is to get the TX account transferred to our PA county.

P
P
XW sure has wakened the sleeping TIGER!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Ya know.... I was just thinking this morning....

It sure would be real humorous if this whole thing backfires on the Ex wife and get's turned completely around in my favor.

If DD-15 decides she's had enough of moms crap and wants to come back home. Ex wife's head would spin like a top. And she is going to be in a world of hurt when I get done with her. She's going to wish she was only required to pay 38.07 a week.

I looked up the state child support calculator this morning. Played with it a little. Based on what I think she's going to be making at her new job... If I had both girls... it was like 400 a month and that was without arrearage.

I could see God's hand in this if it happened this way. And I would be LAUGHING OUT LOUD!

I think it might even make my WW's head ache... I'm sure she's hoping I have to pay child support so I don't have money to spend on a divorce.

C
C
Originally Posted by barbiecat
Does your DD17 have proof that her money was withdrawn at the time of the car purchase?

She could request car or payment of "loan". If not, she could learn the joys of small claims court. This can not be done years from now. With bank statements, Title transfer dates-- your WW having no/job or money to otherwise pay for junker--

The judge can find in favor of your DD. Make your WW return the car, or pay her.

I would not let her be taken advantage of. This is our opportunity to show her how to stand up for herself.

At least get a promissary note, even if it is worth junk.

Good Luck,
I SO AGREE!

Think of the empowerment you will be teaching her! And girls seriously need it.

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Well for now I'm just going to let things simmer. DD-17 still thinks mom is hunky dory and is going to follow through on her promises. When DD-17 is good and tired of mom's B.S. I'll see if she want's to take mom to small claims court.

R
RMX Offline
R
Originally Posted by Amazin
Well for now I'm just going to let things simmer. DD-17 still thinks mom is hunky dory and is going to follow through on her promises. When DD-17 is good and tired of mom's B.S. I'll see if she want's to take mom to small claims court.

I read your story a long long time ago. How did your XW manage to move in with WW? .. that qualifies for a WTF??!?!?!

Did you meet these two women from blind dates your sister set you up on or was it the same dating service???

I Agree with your friends, find a better way puhleeeze!!!

Please Rehash how this diabolical living arrangement came about

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
DS 14, OC-D 12 (given up for adoption), DS-8, DD-5
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
RMX #2206381 02/05/09 05:36 AM
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I read your story a long long time ago. How did your XW manage to move in with WW? .. that qualifies for a WTF??!?!?!

They're not living together anymore. WW asked Ex to move out on the 30th. Ex and DD-15 are living in the Salvation Army.

Right now their reaping the fruits of the seeds they've sown. So to speak.

Please Rehash how this diabolical living arrangement came about

Well... I guess my WW saw an opportunity to make my life miserable and took advantage of it by offering to my ex wife a place to stay while she tried to get custody of my two girls. When you think about it from a divorce strategy standpoint pretty smart. If she can put me in a position that I don't have money to pay a lawyer because I'm paying child support ... I'd be much more likely to settle quickly and give her whatever she wants.

Right now Ex and DD-15 aren't diggin the WW very much anymore. If it were me I'd be Pissed that WW told me I could stay as long as I wanted then kicked me out after a month.

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I got the certified child support arrearage computation from Texas.

And the grand total that my ex wife owes is...

$18,778.35

W
W
hurray

How's she gonna like THEM apples?!

Fox

P
P
Originally Posted by Amazin
I got the certified child support arrearage computation from Texas.

And the grand total that my ex wife owes is...

$18,778.35

and GROWING as we speak.

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
She probably doesn't know how much she's behind. I'm going to get the child support transferred to PA ASAP.

I'd like to keep it on the down low until the hearing for child support that SHE asked for.

Then... Surprize surprize...

Maybe I should bring a camera to the hearing... I hope the look on her face is priceless.

hurray

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
and GROWING as we speak.

Let me get my pencil out.... think

18778.35 X 12% interest per year = $2253.40

2253.40 divided by 12 months = $187.78

That's how much she would have to pay each month just to keep the balance from growing. That's about $5 less than what her original monthly child support payment was supposed to be.

I'm sorry... I just have to....

In the words of Red Forman...

DumbA$$

C
C
Sounds like a great youtube moment to me.

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by catperson
Sounds like a great youtube moment to me.

rotflmao

If I only could... I'd even share it with all y'all...

P
P
That's about $5 less than what her original monthly child support payment was supposed to be.

faint

What a dufus! rotflmao

Did you tell Texas where she was?

Seems like they'd be saddling up their ponies and coming after her for that much $$.

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
faint

What a dufus! rotflmao

Did you tell Texas where she was?

Seems like they'd be saddling up their ponies and coming after her for that much $$.

She was technically residing in Texas... Until she quite her over the road truck driving job. Now she's made the mistake of moving here. It will be much easier to go after her. If we were residing in two different states then the states attorney generals handle it. It can be difficult to collect if there's not an aggrement between the states.

I'm going to transfer the Child support account to PA since we're both in the same county now. I think she'll faint when she finds out.

rotflmao

K
K
The Karma Bus Cometh

a haiku by karmasrose

For Amazin's wife
The karma bus is coming
Next time pay CS!

Thought I'd bring a little humor to the table. grin

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
The Karma Bus Cometh

It might be a little bigger than a bus...

I'm thinkin cho cho train...

Whooo whooo ... chug a chuga chuga chuga... chug a chuga chuga chuga... Whooooooo whoooo...

dance2

Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation