Genesis 24:12-21 (NLT)
12 “O Lord, God of my master, Abraham,” he prayed. “Please give me success today, and show unfailing love to my master, Abraham. 13 See, I am standing here beside this spring, and the young women of the town are coming out to draw water. 14 This is my request. I will ask one of them, ‘Please give me a drink from your jug.’ If she says, ‘Yes, have a drink, and I will water your camels, too!’—let her be the one you have selected as Isaac’s wife. This is how I will know that you have shown unfailing love to my master.”
15 Before he had finished praying, he saw a young woman named Rebekah coming out with her water jug on her shoulder. She was the daughter of Bethuel, who was the son of Abraham’s brother Nahor and his wife, Milcah. 16 Rebekah was very beautiful and old enough to be married, but she was still a virgin. She went down to the spring, filled her jug, and came up again. 17 Running over to her, the servant said, “Please give me a little drink of water from your jug.” 18 “Yes, my lord,” she answered, “have a drink.” And she quickly lowered her jug from her shoulder and gave him a drink. 19 When she had given him a drink, she said, “I’ll draw water for your camels, too, until they have had enough to drink.” 20 So she quickly emptied her jug into the watering trough and ran back to the well to draw water for all his camels.
21 The servant watched her in silence, wondering whether or not the Lord had given him success in his mission.

Abraham sent one of his servants to search out a wife for his son Isaac. He wanted Isaac to marry a woman from his homeland and not one of the local women who worshiped other gods. The servant started his search with prayer. He asked the Lord to show him who should be Isaac’s wife by a test. He would ask for water; if she gave him water and offered his camels water she would be the one he knew God selected. But even when his conditions were met we see the servant wondering if God had given him the answer.

Often we ask of God, we receive and then we question the answer. The servant in the verses above is not alone in his doubt. There have been many more who doubted God. Gideon asked God for a sign and then questioned the answer. Gideon said to God, “If you are truly going to use me to rescue Israel as you promised, prove it to me in this way. I will put a wool fleece on the threshing floor tonight. If the fleece is wet with dew in the morning but the ground is dry, then I will know that you are going to help me rescue Israel as you promised.” And that is just what happened. Then Gideon said to God, “Please don’t be angry with me, but let me make one more request. Let me use the fleece for one more test. This time let the fleece remain dry while the ground around it is wet with dew.” So that night God did as Gideon asked. The fleece was dry in the morning, but the ground was covered with dew.

For these men it was as if they were saying, God I believe, but help me with my unbelief. They wanted to trust God, but their fears made them doubt. They wanted some confirmation God was hearing their request. As one man begged Jesus to help his child he said to him, “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!” We all have unbelief and doubt God will answer us. Pray you will hear God’s answers plainly and clearly. Pray God will help your unbelief and strengthen your faith.