Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2237074 03/30/09 09:08 AM
D
OP Offline
D
The Attorney General is taking VD (OW) back to court today because she doesn't pay her court appointed child support for the OCs that we have custody of.

This is the 3rd time a judge will see her for this issue.

I am praying she either signs her rights away or gets thrown in jail (I know, I'm harsh).

But there you go. Will let you all know what happens.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
Dealan-de #2237106 03/30/09 10:12 AM
M
M
Knee-mail coming your way Kimmy! hug

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

MrsWondering #2237111 03/30/09 10:27 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Knee mails are the BEST!

Thanks Mrs!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
Dealan-de #2237173 03/30/09 12:31 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
I am praying she either signs her rights away or gets thrown in jail

or both !!!!!!!!!!! hurray

Dealan-de #2237178 03/30/09 12:35 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Well hayell.

No jail time.

Supposidly, they are making her take classes - some sort of class about putting the children first, and getting a j-o-b.

I say she's been on Texas welfare since dirt was invented, and she also mooched off of the taxpayer so she could become an admin - and she got a job doing that for all of 6 months till they (gasp) wanted her to come in on a Saturday and DO HER JOB...so ifn' she's not caring about paying THAT back, lord knows she's not gonna pay her CS...so what-effing-ever.

The Wookie is going to see about moving the cases to our county since the children reside with us 24/7 and it's much smaller county. She's also supposed to pay for 1/2 of the children's medical and insurance, and he and I cover all of it.

Argh.

So basically it's SSDD in River City.

My Story

Recovered!
Dealan-de #2237192 03/30/09 12:51 PM
B
B
So sorry to hear this. I thought your state might be different. I can tell you that I have zero confidence in the courts in California. My kids' mom never paid a dime of child support and dumped all the kids when she couldn't get welfare any longer.

I'm just thankful the kids are with you, although some child support would certainly be helpful.

believer #2237201 03/30/09 01:05 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks Believer.

My poor DD is gonna need bracelets for her toofers, I can already tell. (bracelets are what we call them in the family...cos they make your teeth sparkly)

Other than that, I really have no worries except every other weekend - then I worry VD'll exercise her rights to see them. Fortunately for all of us, those weekends are very few and far between (I get the feeling that she only requests them when HER mom asks about them...cos they always come back saying they were with G'ma Yaya that weekend).

My Story

Recovered!
Dealan-de #2237491 03/30/09 07:56 PM
T
T
Sorry the saga continues. It would be so great to have her out of your life.

One of my girls has bracelets - they costa bomba out here! About US$2500 all up. She is almost done thank goodness.

tucktummy #2237539 03/30/09 10:19 PM
C
C
Tuck, if that's all they cost, that's cheaper than here.

My daughter got her 'bracelets' off a couple of years ago.

My son gets his off tomorrow.

I have had them twice...the first time, they made my teeth look pretty....did a great job aligning the teeth....however the alignment was not the real problem. The actual resolution of the issue required having my maxilla cut apart and wired back together. That's why I had to go through it a second time.

Braces are SO worth it!!!!

cinderella #2237563 03/30/09 11:59 PM
H
H
Dealan - hugs..

The Karma bus passed me but looks like it will be stopping for VD. unbelievable.

You have to have a license for everything except HAVING KIDS.

keep us posted.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
Dealan-de #2237630 03/31/09 08:01 AM
B
B
Another slap on the wrist...still amazes me how the courts bend over backwards for wayward parents who don't care.

Keep fighting the good fight.

OW's initials still crack me up. laugh

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
black_raven #2237643 03/31/09 08:29 AM
D
OP Offline
D
This is what gets me:

When the Wookie was ordered to pay CS, he was also told to pay arrears. Even though he set up payments with the AG's office, because there were arrears in the first place, they put OUR credit on a blacklist. When the CS was payed in full AND VD was supposed to be paying for the littles the Attorney General STILL never took it off our credit.

In order to buy our new house, we had to go to the AG's office and pitch a poop-fit in front of all the moms there that were trying to get the men in their lives to pay for their kids...

That's one thing that gets me...here is another:

We're just the next county over...because of VD, we cannot live where we want which is up by my family.

So we moved as far away as we legally could.

The Wookie did some checking and the county we live in apparently is REALLY tough on people that don't take care of their obligations.

He called the AG's office yesterday and requested a change of venue.

Get this - VD is SUPPOSED to pay $147/mo for BOTH kids (which doesn't take care of 1 week of daycare for Antonio). Because of the arrears, she is supposed to pay $250/mo. Now, if she's not paying $147/mo., what in the name of God's little green apples makes the court system think she is going to pay a whole $100 more?

They are saying that part of keeping herself out of jail entails her PROVING that she is getting a job. Okay. But she has these student loans...and if she has those and doesn't pay, what makes them think she'll pay her CS? Further, I know, because I was on Food Stamps when I was pg with my oldest, that welfare "makes" you TRY to get a job. I remember that part of even qualifying for Food Stamps (19 years ago) was that you had to check in with the office 1 time a week and show them you were looking by having places you filled out apps with sign...now, there are ways around this...but since she's been on FS and Housing for at least 13 years, and only had 1 job for 6 months out of all those years...so what makes them suppose she's going to do this? The threat of jail? Apparently, that doesn't phase her. She doesn't BELIEVE that they'll send her to jail.

This whole thing sucks big ol'donkey butt. This whole system is skewed to favor mothers and screw fathers that it is freaking UNREAL.

BLEH!

My Story

Recovered!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation