Wow. I joined this forum today 04/13/09...And have been reading it like crazy. This thread really hit home.

MidNovember, I feel like I can relate to a lot of what you said...And reading LA's comments made me cry! What she says is very wise and easily viewed as truth.

I think following what LA mentions and continually filling up each other's love banks...By fulfilling emotional needs, you first shed your resentment of your marriage...and then with forever continued deposits you can rest assured that you will never fall in love with another man.

I think the hardest part for me, is learning to perform the EN fulfillment without resentment or desire (or expectation) of EN return.

The second hardest part is, not just making a change for a day, or a week, or a month...But continue to practice that 'muscle' of tolerance and unselfishness.

LA spells it out much prettier than I do...Read her posts several times, the points she makes are so very valid. It makes me hold faith in the marriage institution.

I (we?) need to order Dr. Harley's books.

Last edited by eric292; 04/13/09 04:23 PM.