Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
believer #2235975 03/27/09 05:11 PM
L
L
Thinking of you and yours

Me BS (41)
DD 10
DD 8
WW - The big D
"Don't say sorry, just don't do it again"
Lie2me #2235979 03/27/09 05:18 PM
V
V
Flick,

I'm so very sorry to hear of your grandmother. She is in a better place now and all of her fears, worries, sorrows, and pain are gone. You, Lil, and your family are in my thoughts.

Verve

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
Verve #2236042 03/27/09 06:33 PM
C
C
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Chrysalis
F
Flick Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Hi all

I just want to say thank you for all of your prayers and kind thoughs recently when my family were dealing with the last few days of my Grandmothers life. She had a major stroke and passed away 4 days after.

It was a sad time but also a happy time as we remembered all the great times we had enjoyed with her. It was also a chance for us to all get together and catch up with everyones news.

So thanks y'all,

Flick
Flick #2255346 05/04/09 02:16 AM
F
Flick Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Hi everybody,

I am worried! And so is Lil!

For the last couple of weeks her bust has increased in size and that by itself is very pleasing to my eye, I enjoy an ample bosom.
So that is not the worry.
Although it is normal for ladies to carry a little extra plumpness in the boobs at certain times, this weight increase is out of the ordinary. The normal increase happens in the last 5 to 7 days before the visitation of Aunty Flo. The incease this time happened in the first week or so after Aunty Flo went away.
We, well Lil is now starting to be what might be considered slightly behind schedule for another visit from that particular aunty, like a defective typewriter she missed a period (well it is a little later than expected). It is starting to look terrifiyingly like she/we might have a bun in the oven, be up the duff, be knocked up, be in a family way, may have killed a rabbit or for the dim witted among us PREGNANT.
This is not somthing we had expected (to be expecting), after all Lil had a wee operation to ensure that we would not have this "joy" in our lives again, a tubal ligation. Yes we know they can fail or regrow and become functional again, but the odds are pretty darn slim. If this had been happening 10 or 12 years ago I would most probably have jumped for joy and been pleased for the failure of the tube snipping, but that was then and this is now. Our baby is 12 now! And we have made quite extensive plans for our future and those plans do not include a Flick Junior or a Lil Junior.
We are not sure of the state of the "oven" or whether "the rabbit has died" we could be freaking out about nothing, we will find out in the next few days, if Flow doesn't show up tomorrow then a trip to the doctor on wednesday will give us the answer.
I have never liked the idea of being close to retirement when my last child leaves home but if this situation goes "full blown" then that is exactly what will be happening.
But then maybe it will be a boy, a son at last! and maybe it will be fun and we will get used to having a little one in the house again but I think I would rather not, and Lil is in agreement.
So if you feel like praying could I please ask that you pray for neither a boy or a girl but instead pray for the only babies in our lives to be grandchildren, and they are turning up too soon for my liking too but I will get over that one soon enough.

Well that's about all I've got to say about that.

Recovery is going so wonderfully well that I just can't really explain how great it is to be so madly and deeply in love with my wife again. So if you are in the early stages of recovery and you are wondering if it is really worth it my answer to you is yes it is worth it.

Flick
Flick #2255602 05/04/09 01:46 PM
C
C
Wow, Flick! You guys are younger than you think you are. And having a baby at what feels like an advanced age forces you to be younger still. I don't think I explained it very well, but you can adapt....I was nearly 40 when DS15 was born.

Will be praying for you both...!

Chrysalis
Flick #2255623 05/04/09 02:26 PM
L
L
Originally Posted by Flick
We are not sure of the state of the "oven" or whether "the rabbit has died" we could be freaking out about nothing, we will find out in the next few days, if Flow doesn't show up tomorrow then a trip to the doctor on wednesday will give us the answer.
Well, holy guacamole! That's really all I can say. This news comes from left field. Your emotions are probably all over the place, Flick. (How much more can you two have added to your plates?!)

You're added to my prayers. Please let us know when you know.

(Never heard "up the duff" before. Making note...)

Recovery is going so wonderfully well that I just can't really explain how great it is to be so madly and deeply in love with my wife again. So if you are in the early stages of recovery and you are wondering if it is really worth it my answer to you is yes it is worth it.
This warms my heart. So happy for you two.

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
Looking4 #2255701 05/04/09 04:20 PM
F
Flick Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Looking4

"Up the duff" is slightly vulgar, in the same way as "knocked up" and from what I understand is common in England, Australia and NZ but not very common in USA. It is also true that both terms are more frequently applied to illegitimate pregnacies, of course this is not the case for us.

Still waiting for the arrival of Aunty Flo.

Flick
Flick #2255708 05/04/09 04:30 PM
S
S
Originally Posted by Looking4

"Up the duff" is slightly vulgar, in the same way as "knocked up" and from what I understand is common in England, Australia and NZ but not very common in USA. It is also true that both terms are more frequently applied to illegitimate pregnacies, of course this is not the case for us.

Still waiting for the arrival of Aunty Flo.
Do I need to tell you what you can do to bring Aunty Flo around sooner or is that what got you in this predicament in the first place? blush

Over it.
F
Flick Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Wow, Flick! You guys are younger than you think you are. And having a baby at what feels like an advanced age forces you to be younger still. I don't think I explained it very well, but you can adapt....I was nearly 40 when DS15 was born.

Hi Chrys.
I undrestand what you are saying.
I also know that it is perfectly normal for a couple of our age to be having children, it just isn't what we had planned. We had our family, a small one, early so that we could be free of little ones and able to enjoy an active, adventuerous and exotic lifestyle before we retire, and well into our retirement years. Travelling the world, going to all the wrong sorts of parties, going for a ride on the motorbike and forgetting to go home untill next week, these are the sorts of things we have planned. Dirty nappies (daipers) and the responsibilities of parenthood could put the brakes on these plans in a big way.

With any luck this will just turn out to be one of those little moments that we look back on and laugh about in the future.

I hear Lil coming up the driveway from work, I must go and put the kettle on.

Flick
F
Flick Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by stillstanding2
Do I need to tell you what you can do to bring Aunty Flo around sooner or is that what got you in this predicament in the first place? blush

Thank you for that offer of information, I think I know what you mean blush I might give it a try, again, and again if I must.

Lil was training to be a midwife when I met her and she knows all the tricks. She is not a midwife as she did not complete the training but she know a lot more than most people.

Last edited by Flick; 05/04/09 04:44 PM.

Flick
Flick #2255743 05/04/09 05:22 PM
H
H
Flick, I have followed your story and when I read your post for some reason I was not surprised.
Maybe a baby is not what you planned for or what either wanted, but guess Someone might have a different plan for you. It is a wild ride and hope that whatever happens it will be what you both are supposed to have. God bless.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
hope3343 #2255782 05/04/09 06:11 PM
S
S
Just remember flick there is a good breathing technique if you find out you expecting that may calm you.....

You breath a big breath in through your nose and out through your mouth....and in more extreme pressure situations quick breaths are usually better...with a he he hooooo as the the mouth structure....it really helps.....and give extra oxygen to prevent you from passing out.

Hope that helps
laugh

SIHW #2255912 05/05/09 04:22 AM
F
Flick Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Oh happy day,
It now seems to me, a simple male, that somehow the moon must have changed its orbit and thus has changed the normal and predictable nature of the tides.
Aunty has come for a visit and for a change she is very welcome.

pray Prayer worked! Crisis averted!

And I don't need to get castrated laugh

Flick
Flick #2255913 05/05/09 04:27 AM
B
B

Well you can't have everything

rotflmao

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
S
S
phew! sigh dance2

F
Flick Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by bigkahuna

Well you can't have everything

rotflmao

au contraire mon ami, in fact I will STILL have everything. laugh hurray

Flick
Flick #2256637 05/06/09 06:28 AM
B
B
rotflmao

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation