Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine
Hi peachy,

Great story!! (I think I remember reading your story last year because I remember the subdivision thing.)

Really great that you have such a huge heart for your son's 1/2 sibling, too!!

I gotta say, though, I had to chuckle when you say your X found God behind bars because...well...everyone does when they are behind bars (almost, anyway). I hope in his case that he doesn't lose God when he gets out! I guess time will tell.

Take care,

Charlotte

P.S.) and you are NOT old!!

Ya know once they have no more control and that helplessness finds them they find god really quick.....either that or Bubba finds them helpless and they really begin to pray.

Last edited by SIHW; 05/10/09 10:55 AM.
D
D
Originally Posted by SIHW
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine
Hi peachy,

Great story!! (I think I remember reading your story last year because I remember the subdivision thing.)

Really great that you have such a huge heart for your son's 1/2 sibling, too!!

I gotta say, though, I had to chuckle when you say your X found God behind bars because...well...everyone does when they are behind bars (almost, anyway). I hope in his case that he doesn't lose God when he gets out! I guess time will tell.

Take care,

Charlotte

P.S.) and you are NOT old!!

Ya know once they have no more control and that helplessness finds them they find god really quick.....either that or Bubba finds them helpless and they really begin to pray.

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

(Or worse...the "Sisters" like in the Shawshank Redemption!)

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

P
P
P E A C H Y
R U L E S

B
B
Nice to "see" you again in better spirits and moving forward with your life.

C
C
Peachy! Good to hear from you. You seem to have made even more improvements since I last heard from you. I'm glad to see it, too.

BTW, you are NOT old. I'm older than you and I'm not old. My mom, though, she's old.

J
OP Offline
J
Wow thanks so much everybody. It's amazing and I just am so happy..God's been good to us..except right now for my son and his half sis..they're still hurting over their dad (my xh). The little one (she's 5 now) doesn't understand about everything at all.

Please pray for these two kids. They're totally innocent in this..and I do love that little girl too. When you're able to step away from the situation long enough, you learn who's blameless and who's not. heck I'm not even blameless nor was I ever. Sometimes I wonder how I got thru it..my granny told me a quote that I love and it somewhat describes me.

"A Southern (or change to Northern or Western or whatever) woman is like a tea bag..put us in hot water and we ONLY GET STRONGER!!!" Feel free to quote her on that (Peachy granny)..lol!

We had an amazing mother's day. T took us to the aquarium for brunch in a special ballroom where you can see the gargantuan fish and sharks and rays and you see another wall where it's the beluga whales...it was so fun! All 3 of us (he, I and my son) went..then we went to play in the park afterwards nearby. He also got me 2 dozen roses. Swoon! Life's great when you've finally found somebody who values family and marriage as much as you do.

I went thru the last five years listening to the XWS be disrespectful to me, still attempt (of course unsuccessfully) to shout orders to me, and try controlling behaviors. It was kinda funny when I met T, because he was a very OBVIOUS presence, it somewhat put the x in his place, but then again I DID THAT FOR HIM TOO!!! Lol...BITE THE PEACH!

Every once in a while the x would go on rampages. It's my opinion that these WS, when they really get what they THINK they want DO NOT WANT IT anymore. My x immediately remarried, had a baby 3 months later, and began a cheating rampage that was merciless on her. Give em' what they truly want and 99 percent of the time they don't want it anymore..but unlike most, my x idiot remarried immediately so there was no chance for repentance on his behalf. I think most here will have that chance for marriage renewal. Mine just didn't. But God had a better plan for me!

I actually pray every night w/my son for his dad..and for his sister. I don't have too much anger anymore.

A few years ago I was talking to another MB Oldtimer on the phone. She told me that a WS that never changes is like a drunk driver who is allowed to keep on driving and driving..takes out victim after victim barrelling down the highway until they hit a wall. That's the only way to describe what happened in this situation. so if your WS is waffling, let them see what bottom looks like. It will suddenly be a more attractive place to be (with you) than the alternative if they're allowed to hit that rock bottom that so eluded my xh for many years.

Wish good luck to my boy or send out a prayer..for his baseball team! Goodness, they've had a tough season and will be finishing up their season this week..NO WINS. frown My lil guy is a bit downtrodden, but he's quite a hitter, shortstop and pitcher. Me? Im typing now with an allergic reaction. Geez. The south sometimes is a baaad place for allergies. My right eye is itching beyond belief. Gonna run...I think benadryl is calling my name..and to the lovely Maple trees and pollen that are making my right eye almost swell shut?

BITE DA PEACH!!

God's got a great sense of humor!
XH: WS extroidinaire..remarried ow 1 day after divorce (1/1/04); been cheating on ow/w since day 1 and they are in process of divorcing
Me: thirtysomething, baseball mom of a 10 y.o. DS, happy, moved on. Should be engaged to wonderful guy any day now. Currently reading HNHN together. Building a foundation on truth, love, and family \:\)
J
OP Offline
J
If anybody's got my old email..it's still the same btw.
Miss everybody so much!

God's got a great sense of humor!
XH: WS extroidinaire..remarried ow 1 day after divorce (1/1/04); been cheating on ow/w since day 1 and they are in process of divorcing
Me: thirtysomething, baseball mom of a 10 y.o. DS, happy, moved on. Should be engaged to wonderful guy any day now. Currently reading HNHN together. Building a foundation on truth, love, and family \:\)
D
D
I KNEW you were gonna be okay...

I KNEW it!

Much love!

- Kimmy

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation