Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 103 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 102 103
AskMe #2273283 11/13/09 07:08 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
1 Thessalonians 5:11 (NLT)
11 So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.
In this verse Paul tells Christians to encourage each other by building each other up. The Greek word used is oikodomeo, which means to erect or built a house from the foundation up or to restore by building and repairing. Paul wanted the readers to understand they were not to just encourage those strong in their faith, but also encourage those who were weak.

There is a problem prevalent among the churches today. The problem is heresy in regards to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which stands firmly on mercy and grace. The problem is humanity�s persistence to justify themselves before God by their works and performance. It is a battle fought in every human heart. It is a battle fought against the grace and mercy extended by God through His son Jesus. It is a battle that causes people to tear down those around them instead of building them. For you see if we allow works to rule in our life instead of grace then we want to make ourselves look and feel better. And how do we do that? By tearing down others and building ourselves up. Remember the grace you have been given and extend that grace to others. Do not let the need to justify our actions cause us to stumble and neglect the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Be encouraged that we might encourage each other.

AskMe #2277559 11/23/09 08:43 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Job 2:7-9 (KJV)
7 So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown. 8 And he took him a potsherd to scrape himself withal; and he sat down among the ashes. 9 Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die.

Job had proven himself a faithful and just servant to God so much so that God pointed him out to Satan. God�s comment about Job was �there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil.� Yet Satan wanted to prove God wrong and tested God by saying if Job lost family, possessions or even his health he would turn away from God. In the verses above we see as Job suffers at the hand of Satan that even his wife said Job should curse God for his afflictions.

When something spectacular happens I often hear someone say something to the effect of �Praise God�, �Yes Lord�, or �Thank you Jesus�. It is easy when things are going right to give praise. King David often praised God throughout the book of Psalms. The apostle Paul wrote these words �Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.� Our God is to always be praised for our God is the same today, yesterday and today. If God is always the same then our praise for Him should always be the same. What happens though when something goes wrong? There are some like Job�s wife who are ready to give up and curse God. Yet God has not changed. It is our heart that has changed so we move from being ready to praise God to being ready to curse Him. Are you always ready to praise God even in the difficult times? If you have found yourself ready to curse God stop and remember the good he has done and will continue to do in your life. Let your words be words of praise for our God is concerned for you and wants to bless your life.

AskMe #2278065 11/24/09 07:43 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (KJV)
16 Rejoice evermore. 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
In these verses the Apostle Paul writes short exhortations that are to direct our lives. First we must learn to rejoice ever so more; for our earthly days are limited and the time we have should not be spent on grievous concerns. We are to look to God for our joy even in the times when the world brings us sorrow. Second we are to pray without ceasing expressing our joy over God�s grace and mercy. The hindrances in our life will seem insignificant as we continue to pray giving thanks for that with which we have been blessed. Third we are to always give thanks for whatever situation comes our way. Even in the times that seem gloomy we should continue to pray and thank God for the good things we have been given.
To be grateful for the good things that happen in our lives is easy, but to be thankful for all our lives � the good as well as the bad, the moments of joy as well as the moments of sorrow, the successes as well as the failures, the rewards as well as the rejections � that requires hard spiritual work. Still, we are only truly grateful people when we can say thank you to all that has brought us to the present moment. As long as we keep dividing our lives between events and people we would like to remember and those we would rather forget, we cannot claim the fullness of our beings as a gift of God to be grateful for. Let�s not be afraid to look at everything that has brought us to where we are now and trust that we will soon see in it the guiding hand of a loving God. (Henri J. M. Nouwen, Bread for the Journey (HarperOne, 1996), p. 12)

May each of you have a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday and may you find time to seek God and give thanks for the true blessings you have received.

AskMe #2280038 11/30/09 06:58 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
1 Peter 4:8-9 (ESV)
8 Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. 9 Show hospitality to one another without grumbling.

There are words from the Apostle Peter. Christ said of Peter, �That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.� Peter the foundation of the church reminds those who have come to know Christ to keep loving one another earnestly. For love can forgive many faults, sins and errors. Hospitality should be added to love and should be given with a peace of mind that does not reflect upon past faults.

An act of hospitality is a self-sacrificing act. It is an act where one gives without intention of receiving back. If one is to be hospitable to another then it should be done without grumbling, without complaint, and without a desire for self gain. Love can be shown through hospitable acts. God being hospitable towards us offers a free gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. God does so out of love and has no complaint about the gift offered. This holiday season show your love and hospitality towards others. Show others the love that God shows you.

AskMe #2280579 12/01/09 07:56 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Matthew 5:14-16 (KJV)
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

The verses above were spoken by Jesus. The first light of the day was always welcome as it brought the world out of darkness. The light gave warmth, reassurance, and comfort. A light out in the open can be seen by all and even influences the atmosphere of one�s home. Jesus reminded us our good deeds are like a light that can seen by all of man. These good works are to give honor God the Father.

Our actions in this world shine brightly like a light. They are beacons of a lighthouse shining brightly through the darkness. Imagine a ship approaching a dangerous rocky harbor. The only warning is the beacon coming from the lighthouse showing where the dangerous rocks are located. Suddenly just as the ship approaches the rocks where waves crash violently the light goes out. Most likely the ship would be in peril. What if we hide our good works from others? What if we have the capability and ability to help someone and we hide those talents? Maybe we could have saved someone from a terrible experience, but instead we chose to turn off our light and let them crash. Don�t hide the gifts God has given each and everyone one of us to touch someone else�s life. Let your good works shine so others might be saved from the perils of this world. May God be glorified in all that you do.

AskMe #2281101 12/02/09 07:19 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Ezekiel 33:1-6 (NLT)
1 Once again a message came to me from the Lord: 2 �Son of man, give your people this message: �When I bring an army against a country, the people of that land choose one of their own to be a watchman. 3 When the watchman sees the enemy coming, he sounds the alarm to warn the people. 4 Then if those who hear the alarm refuse to take action, it is their own fault if they die. 5 They heard the alarm but ignored it, so the responsibility is theirs. If they had listened to the warning, they could have saved their lives. 6 But if the watchman sees the enemy coming and doesn�t sound the alarm to warn the people, he is responsible for their captivity. They will die in their sins, but I will hold the watchman responsible for their deaths.�

Ezekiel reveals a message from the Lord that those who hear the watchman cry out and fail to respond is responsible for ignoring the warning. However, if the watchman fails to warn the people then he is the one responsible for their deaths.

As Christians we each have a responsibility to be a watchman. We are to alert others to the perils of sin and show them the mercy and grace of Christ. Our mission is to convey the message of The Gospel of Jesus Christ to others. If they fail to listen that is their responsibility. However if we fail to share The Gospel of Jesus Christ with those who are perishing then we bear the responsibility. Have you let others know where you stand in your walk with Christ?

AskMe #2281766 12/03/09 07:48 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Song of Solomon 3:1-5 (ESV)
1 On my bed by night I sought him whom my soul loves; I sought him, but found him not.2 I will rise now and go about the city, in the streets and in the squares; I will seek him whom my soul loves. I sought him, but found him not. 3 The watchmen found me as they went about in the city. "Have you seen him whom my soul loves?" 4 Scarcely had I passed them when I found him whom my soul loves. I held him, and would not let him go until I had brought him into my mother�s house, and into the chamber of her who conceived me. 5 I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, by the gazelles or the does of the field, that you not stir up or awaken love until it pleases.
The Song of Solomon presents a dialog between the lost and the found lover. It is a story of God�s plan for marriage and also a story of God�s church. The woman seeks out her love desiring to be with him. She looks through the streets of the city even stopping to ask the watchmen where her love might be. Even though they don�t have the answer she continues to seek after her love. Then she finds him and returns him to her home where her desire is for him to stay with her.
Those who love Jesus will have a thirst for Him. They will have a desire to seek Him out and commune with Him. They will go to great lengths to look for Him. They will search on their own. They will turn to those who might know Jesus for help. Yet it is their continued search, the desire and longing for Jesus Christ that brings them close to Him. And when they find Jesus they want to hold and keep Him close. Are you seeking Jesus? Don�t give up your search to find and know Him.

AskMe #2282397 12/04/09 07:24 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Luke 23:34 (KJV)
34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

These are the first of several sentences spoken by Christ on the cross as he was dying in agony. Christ interceded for the sinners hoping for their repentance. The crucifiers were acting in ignorance, blinded by sin. Christ came to remove sin so instead of condemnation His plea was for forgiveness.

I heard a person say if the constitution of the United States is the standard for our government then as you move far to the left you become a radical liberal; however if you move far to the right you become an extreme conservative. There is currently an effort in place to make a translation of the Bible that promotes some extreme conservative views. God�s Scriptures are our standard and if we are not careful we can move too far to the right or left in our thought on how the bible should be translated to conform to our thoughts. Quoting from http://www.conservapedia.com/Conservative_Bible_Project the web page says, �The Conservative Bible Project is a project to render God's word into modern English while removing liberal distortions.� The page then goes on to say, �First Example - Liberal-Promoted Falsehood - The earliest, most authentic manuscripts of the Gospel According to Luke lack this verse fragment set forth at the start of Luke 23:34:Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." Is this a corruption of the original, perhaps promoted by liberals without regard to its authenticity? This does not appear in any other Gospel, and the simple fact is that some of the persecutors of Jesus did know what they were doing. This quotation is a favorite of liberals, although it does not appear in the earliest and best manuscripts of the Gospel of Luke. It should not appear in a conservative Bible, because in point of fact Jesus might never had said it at all.�

Didn�t Jesus die for all sinners? Didn�t Jesus preach forgiveness? Why would someone think Jesus asking the Father for the forgiveness of those in sin was a theological liberal view? In fact Jesus now stands before the Father according to the scriptures making intercession on our behalf. We are warned in the Bible there will be those who will distort the truth. Pray God will always reveal the truth to you and others.

AskMe #2283639 12/07/09 06:38 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Isaiah 55:8-9 (NLT)
8 �My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,� says the Lord. �And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. 9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

A plea has been given to the wicked in this chapter of Isaiah. An invitation to the Lord�s Salvation has been presented. The people have been encouraged to seek The Lord while there is time; for one never knows the appointed time of their death. Then the Lord gives encouragement in the above verses stating His thoughts are not like man�s thoughts. Where man would be unforgiving God in His infinite mercy does forgive.

From Corrie Ten Boom, The Hiding Place, Spire Books, 1971, pg 26-27, Corrie tells of her father�s wisdom after reading a poem that contained the phrase, sex sin. ��Sex,� I was pretty sure, meant whether you were a boy or a girl, and �sin� made Tante Jans very angry, but what the two meant together I could not imagine. And so, seated next to my father in the train compartment, I suddenly asked, �Father, what is sex sin?� He turned to look at me, as he always did when answering a question, but to my surprise he said nothing. At last he stood up, lifted his traveling case from the rack over our heads, and set it on the floor. �Will you carry it off the train, Corrie?� he said. I stood up and tugged at it. It was crammed with the watches and spare parts he had purchased that morning. �It�s too heavy,� I said. �Yes, he said. �As it would be a pretty poor father who would ask his little girl to carry such a load. It�s the same way, Corrie, with knowledge. Some knowledge is too heavy for children. When you are older and stronger you can bear it. For now you must trust me to carry it for you.� I was satisfied. More than satisfied-wonderfully at peace. There were answers to this and all my hard questions�for now I was content to leave them in my father�s keeping.��

If an earthly father can give such wisdom what greater wisdom can our Heavenly Father provide? Seek the wisdom of God in all you do remembering His thoughts rise above our own.

AskMe #2284454 12/08/09 07:01 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Revelation 3:19 (NLT)
19 I correct and discipline everyone I love. So be diligent and turn from your indifference.

In the revelation to John, John is instructed to write a letter to the church of Laodicea. In the letter the church is told their actions are neither hot nor cold. At times they do good works and at other times they slip into sin. They believed they had everything they needed spiritually, yet they were being warned they were blind and poor as far as their relationship with God. The message to them was God corrects those He loves and they needed to turn away from their indifference to God�s prompting and focus instead on what they should be doing.

Jack Abramoff, once a powerful lobbyist, pleaded guilty to fraud tax evasion and conspiracy to bribe public officials. Standing before U.S. District Judge Ellen Segal Huvelle in Washington, Abramoff looked sheepish and sad. "Your Honor, words will not be able to ever express how sorry I am for this, and I have profound regret and sorrow for the multitude of mistakes and harm I have caused," he said softly. "All of my remaining days, I will feel tremendous sadness and regret for my conduct and for what I have done. I only hope that I can merit forgiveness from the Almighty and from those I have wronged or caused to suffer."(1) Later Abramoff also said, �I had lost a sense of proportion and judgment. God sent me 1,000 hints that He didn�t want me to keep doing what I was doing. But I didn�t listen, so He set off a nuclear bomb.�

Has God given you hints that have ignored? Don�t be indifferent towards God instead be diligent and seek His corrective, loving words of discipline.

(1) Washington Post, by Susan Schmidt and James V. Grimaldi Washington Post Staff Writers
Wednesday, January 4, 2006

AskMe #2285141 12/09/09 07:22 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hebrews 6:10 (KJV)
10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

The apostle writes that God remembers the good works we do for others out of love for Him. He rewards justly those acts of kindness. When those same acts are done for those who have come to God in faith through Jesus Christ they are counted as if they were done for God Himself.

A Christian life comes about because of a person�s faith in Jesus Christ and their love for Him and The Father. We are able to express our love for Christ by doing for others. Our good works do not result in salvation from sin, but instead our good works are motivated by the salvation we freely received. Jesus paid a high price to set us free from sin. Let us use what we have available to show our love for Christ by doing for others. God tells us that work will not go unnoticed.

AskMe #2285901 12/10/09 06:53 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Isaiah 9:6-7 (NLT)
6 For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7 His government and its peace will never end. He will rule with fairness and justice from the throne of his ancestor David for all eternity. The passionate commitment of the Lord of Heaven�s Armies will make this happen!

The prophecy of Isaiah that God Himself was to preserve the promises made to King David. This would be accomplished through His son Jesus who would be sent into this world to die in order to establish a heavenly kingdom. God made a passionate commitment to this and promised it would be made to happen.

The life of Jesus was a model of humility. He was born in a stable with the animals and placed in a trough where they fed. Even though Jesus was in command of the heavenly angels who would obey His every command; Jesus worked and lived as a humble carpenter with His father. As Jesus began His ministry He often humbled himself to others; whether it was the woman at the well, foreigners or His own disciples. And lastly Jesus humbled himself in death to pay the penalty of our sins Jesus never committed. This child Jesus was born for us, given to us, and died for us. Remember our humble Savior, the loving kindness of His heart and the gift of salvation He freely gives.

AskMe #2288392 12/14/09 07:13 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Galatians 3:1-4 (NLT)
1 Oh, foolish Galatians! Who has cast an evil spell on you? For the meaning of Jesus Christ�s death was made as clear to you as if you had seen a picture of his death on the cross. 2 Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by obeying the law of Moses? Of course not! You received the Spirit because you believed the message you heard about Christ. 3 How foolish can you be? After starting your Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort? 4 Have you experienced so much for nothing? Surely it was not in vain, was it?

The Apostle Paul writes to the Galatians about their misunderstanding of the Christian life. Through the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ, faithful believers receive the Holy Spirit. Christ said the Holy Spirit would be a helper to those who believed in Him. Paul said the Holy Spirit prays for us when we don�t know how to pray for ourselves. So the Holy Spirit is our link to God and Christ, teaching us, helping us, and offering pray for us. The Galatians were moving away from this understanding. Instead they were trying through their own efforts to become perfect in their own manner.

Many people putting up their Christmas decorations put them on a timer so that at just the right time every night the lights come to life. But if someone lost confidence in the way their timer works they might just be out there every night trying to ensure the lights will turn on at the proper time. When we lose confidence in our Christian faith often we try too hard to ensure things are working just right. We start believing God can�t do in us what He has set out to accomplish so we start taking actions into our hands. Paul said in Ephesians, �Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.� God is able to handle anything that comes our way. Allow God to work so that the right time His desires for our life will be accomplished.

AskMe #2289171 12/15/09 07:05 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Isaiah 47:12-15 (NLT)
12 �Now use your magical charms! Use the spells you have worked at all these years! Maybe they will do you some good. Maybe they can make someone afraid of you.13 All the advice you receive has made you tired. Where are all your astrologers, those stargazers who make predictions each month? Let them stand up and save you from what the future holds. 14 But they are like straw burning in a fire; they cannot save themselves from the flame. You will get no help from them at all; their hearth is no place to sit for warmth.15 And all your friends, those with whom you�ve done business since childhood, will go their own ways, turning a deaf ear to your cries.

These words from Isaiah predict the fall of Babylon. Babylon held captive Israel; the people of God. They lived among the Babylonians and the Babylonians knew of Israel�s God. Yet Babylon followed astrologers, magicians, fortunetellers and others who gave advice, but not advice about the Holy God of Israel. For not listening and turning to God the nation was going to fall.

The Pew Research Center for the People & the Press is an independent opinion research group that studies attitudes toward the press, politics and public policy issues. In a survey they conducted it showed Americans seeking out fortunetellers, communicating with the dead and having diverse supernatural beliefs. Information about this survey is can be found on the web at http://pewforum.org under the heading Many Americans Mix Multiple Faiths. It shows America is prone to the same faults of ancient Babylon. Instead of turning to God for answers some turn to other sources. Pray America will remember the one true God and seek His answers. God�s wisdom is above all others.

AskMe #2290416 12/17/09 06:22 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
2 Timothy 4:3-4 (NLT)
3 For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will reject the truth and chase after myths.

The words of the Apostle Paul teach us that people need to hear the truth and ministers must resign themselves to speaking the truth. If not people will gratify themselves with their own beliefs and turn from the truth of God. They will look for those willing to tell them what they want to hear instead of hearing the truth as it should be presented

From Mark S. Wheeler, �Marks of a Servant�, Discipleship Journal (Nov/Dec 1987), �When the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius destroyed the city [of Pompeii in A.D. 79], many people were buried in the ruins. Some took cover underground, and the place became their burial chamber. Those who chose a high hiding place were also unable to escape destruction. But a Roman sentinel was found at the city gate, his hands still grasping his weapon. That was where he had been placed by the captain. While the earth shook beneath him, while the flood of ashes and cinders overwhelmed him, he stood at his post; and it was there he was found a thousand years later.� Are you willing to stand firm in your faith of Jesus Christ? Let others know the truth and never let it be hidden by false myths or false stories.

AskMe #2291063 12/18/09 07:50 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Isaiah 44:19-20 (NLT)
19 The person who made the idol never stops to reflect, �Why, it�s just a block of wood! I burned half of it for heat and used it to bake my bread and roast my meat. How can the rest of it be a god? Should I bow down to worship a piece of wood?� 20 The poor, deluded fool feeds on ashes. He trusts something that can�t help him at all. Yet he cannot bring himself to ask, �Is this idol that I�m holding in my hand a lie?�

There are the words of God to Isaiah about the foolishness of idols. God has given examples of why it is so foolish for someone to worship these idols. In this example God questions why a person would worship a wood idol made from their own hands that they also burn for heat and to cook with.

One of the definitions from Webster�s for the word god is �a person or thing of great value�. Obviously there are many gods in this world today because many place great important on people or things ignoring the God that created us. Some will place more importance on riches while others will place more importance on a spouse. They ignore God in favor of that which they have created as their idol. As God tells us we need to stop and ask, �Is this idol that I�m holding in my hand a lie?�

AskMe #2295508 12/29/09 07:05 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
2 Corinthians 3:16-18 (NLT)
16 But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord�who is the Spirit�makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.

The reference to the veil in these verses is from the book of Exodus in which Moses meets with God. His face reflected the radiance of God and continued to glow for a period. In humility Moses covered his face. The apostle Paul tells the Corinthians that when someone accepts salvation from the Lord the Spirit of the Lord is with them and they reflect his glory which is for all to see.

There are ways to reflect God in our lives. Smile as you pass others. Be polite and courteous to those who might be gruff. Say something kind and encouraging. Offer to help when help is in need. Share with those who are less fortunate. Use kindness even when someone has been unkind. Speak affirmations instead of condemnations. Give praise for accomplishments. Let others see you are the light of the Lord shining brightly, reflecting His glory and giving honor to Him through all you do.

AskMe #2296019 12/30/09 06:29 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NLT)
19 Don�t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, 20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.

The Apostle Paul spoke out to the Corinthians about sexual sin. Some believed their freedom in Christ allowed them to commit immoral acts. So Paul reminded them their bodies were a temple for the Lord showing to God�s glory. They belonged to God therefore they must give Him the respect He is due.

Have you ever seen an abandoned building decline over time? If the building is not kept up weeds begin to grow up through the parking lot. The outside starts to deteriorate and even crumble. Passersby disrespect the building by throwing trash upon the grounds or spray painting the walls. Eventually the inside starts to decay. This could be a description of someone�s spiritual life. If we allow ourselves to be empty and don�t fill our lives with the presence of God we begin to deteriorate as well. Sin will take root. Our lives can start falling apart. Respect is lost for who we are. Don�t forget your bodies; your lives are for the living Lord. Fill your life daily with God�s holy word.

AskMe #2298274 01/04/10 07:04 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Matthew 11:28-30 (NLT)
28 Then Jesus said, �Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.�

Jesus was speaking to those who complained of ceremonial law as undue burdens upon their lives. Jesus offered rest to these so instead of living in slavery to the law they could live in freedom for the One who set them free.

A GPS is a very useful device. Plug in an address and step by step it will direct you to your destination. If you fail to follow the directions you will hear �RECALCULATING� and a new course is plotted for you. If you have ever tried using a map for a complicated trip you really begin to appreciate the easy process of following a GPS. Life can also be complicated. However, Jesus can make navigating life much easier. Trust Him for the directions and when you make the wrong turn in life let Jesus help you get back on the right path.

AskMe #2299017 01/05/10 06:33 AM
A
AskMe Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Psalm 62:1 (KJV)
1 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.

In Psalm 62 David writes to express his pleasure, confidence, dependence and trust in the Lord. David reaffirms to himself that he, David, will wait upon God. David knows grace, mercy and salvation abounds from God and so for everything he will wait upon God to direct him.

Some of you may have experienced this with a friend, one of your children or even a spouse. They call for help and you say, �I�ll be there shortly, wait on me.� When you arrive you find they have started without your help. The problem has grown larger because the fix they were attempting wasn�t working and now that mess also has to be straightened out. We often do the same to God. We call for the Lord�s help and instead of waiting we proceed on our own making a bigger mess of things. We need to learn to be patient and wait on the Lord. If we can wait for the eternal life the Lord has provided, surely we can wait on the small things in this life.

Page 31 of 103 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 102 103

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 934 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy, Ingrid Guerci, Wifey02
71,826 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation