Isaiah 44:19-20 (NLT)
19 The person who made the idol never stops to reflect, �Why, it�s just a block of wood! I burned half of it for heat and used it to bake my bread and roast my meat. How can the rest of it be a god? Should I bow down to worship a piece of wood?� 20 The poor, deluded fool feeds on ashes. He trusts something that can�t help him at all. Yet he cannot bring himself to ask, �Is this idol that I�m holding in my hand a lie?�

There are the words of God to Isaiah about the foolishness of idols. God has given examples of why it is so foolish for someone to worship these idols. In this example God questions why a person would worship a wood idol made from their own hands that they also burn for heat and to cook with.

One of the definitions from Webster�s for the word god is �a person or thing of great value�. Obviously there are many gods in this world today because many place great important on people or things ignoring the God that created us. Some will place more importance on riches while others will place more importance on a spouse. They ignore God in favor of that which they have created as their idol. As God tells us we need to stop and ask, �Is this idol that I�m holding in my hand a lie?�