Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2287895 12/12/09 11:30 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Her image appeared
His heart flickered
Said He to his bride
�You are a gorgeous woman my Love�

Laying down the gauntlet
He slew the shadows
Boldly driving back the demons that torment his mind
Defending that which was always his

Calmly he rests
And reaches across to turn on a song of old
The radio plays his tune
And the darkness recedes as the words come forth

The lake is frozen over
The trees are white with snow
And all around you, reminders of you
Are everywhere I go

It�s late and morning�s in no hurry
But sleep won�t set me free
I lie awake and try to recall
How your body felt beside me
When silence gets too hard to handle
And the night too long

And this is how I see you
In the snow on Christmas morning
Love and happiness surround you
As you throw your arms up to the sky
I keep this moment by and by

Oh, how I miss you now
My love�
Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas, My Love

Sense of joy fills the air
And I daydream and I stare
Up at the tree and I see
Your star up there

And this is how I see you
In the snow on Christmas morning
Love and happiness surround you
As you throw your arms up to the sky
I keep this moment by and by

D
D
A great poem Lighthouse.

I think Sarah M. is fantastic - very moving emotionally. I like this one too:
Song for a Winters Night - check it out sometime. smile

L
OP Offline
L
Hi Dawnn

You are right, she certainly strikes a certain chord that touches a lot of people where they are at. I listen to a lot of her music. A good friend of mine turned me on to her music years ago.

I get curious at times what her history (Sara M) is that enables her to write like she does. Her lyrics certainly penetrate deep in to the soul.

Glad to cross paths with you tonight here. It's been a long time. Hope all is well in your world.

D
D
Thank you LH. Yes all is well enough. I hope you and the family are having a good Christmas season so far....

The little people here are looking forward to all the season brings...presents, making cookies, Christmas lights and songs. For them there is magic in it at all times, and I have to say in some ways the same is true for me. Though I think as adults we tend to look back, remember, smile, and hold things close to our hearts as we look ahead.

As far as SM goes though, I agree. I've more than once wondered about that too. I believe it would be interesting to talk to someone like her but I suppose the reality is we are left to guess what it meant and what experience prompted it. In any case it is beautiful. It seems that with her, I can always relate.

I am sure you'll have an exciting week! Enjoy. My best to you, Merry Christmas........

L
OP Offline
L
Good to hear your crew is enjoying this season. Enjoy it with them while you can, it will go fast as I'm sure everyone tells you.

Funny how life changes. Yet other things never change. Got to be a song in there somewhere. lol, I'll have to write SM and suggest one for her.

Be blessed. :-)

Oh, and if we are going to be suggesting songs to each other, may I offer up one of my all time favorites - "The Gift", by Jim Brickman. Nice time of the year for that song especially.

D
D
Absolutely - "The Gift" is fantastic, definitely a special song, 100% magic. It is supposed to snow a little bit here on Christmas Eve. I hope to be playing that one when it begins.

Have a wonderful Christmas... smile

D
D
Hey Lighthouse - a Birthday is on the way yes? Hope you have a great one! All the best for happiness and health in the New Year too... smile

L
OP Offline
L
yep- it came and went. Funny how that happens. Now what? :-)
It was good though. I think I would like to find the brake pedal on these things though; I'm ready for them to slow down lol

L
OP Offline
L
On second thought, I don't know that I like the alternative to birthdays slowing down. So I'll just keep taking as many as I can get LOL :-)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation