Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 199 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 198 199
C
C
I have done so much technical stuff in my day. My dad was a carpenter/plumber/farmer jack of all trades. old school farmboy. had to work at 13 if he wanted shoes.
He also wa a taskmaster supreme. So I learned everything young and was working eagerly as soon as I could but..

I was also a avid reader and had imagination so although I have aptitude for tech crap I wanted to write/teach/counsel/help ppl at a different level. I would have made a good cop I think or a military guy.

So when I grow up I want to be a couselor of some kind also, maybe I can help some kids get into a trade or help someone in other ways. That will remain to be seen but it doesn't matter as long as I pull my weight.
There areno small jobs just small people but if I can do something well I want to do that because its what God would want. Ya know?

S
OP Offline
S
Not2fun-well I didn't have that much fun time as I am at work whenever he has the kids. I do get alone time during the day though because they go to school full day.

As far as the career thing goes, I have been trying to figure it out for a few years now. I know I want to do something meaningful with myself. I want to help people. I enjoy teaching and training people. I want to make a difference even if it is a difference in a small way and even if the person doesn't know it was me. Funny though because the first thing that one of my friends responded on FB was Astronaut too. I thought that was hilarious.

I know that WH is doing things that he normally wouldn't do because he only sees them 6 days a month. He probably feels guilty and is doing the typical thing of filling up their days with fun things to assuage them so he will feel less guilty.

On my side, I get to be the one that says, "get in the shower." as soon as they got home. Then I tell them to do their homework, get ready for school and clean up after themselves. He gets to be "fun guy" and I get to be MOM. I know that they will know that I love them and that one of us had to do these things, but right now it sucks for me. Oh well, I am also the one who has made family games night and movie night with them. I get to make the day to day memories that will last a lifetime.

I think I was just more upset because WH took OW and her daughter with them too. It's like he is trying to make them one big happy family and that is what kills me because they are supposed to be part of my family not OW.

Oh well, it's a new day. Family games night tonight. Probably more Battleship and Connect 4x4. Gotta get the kids off to school now, have a GREAT day.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
We call those "Mushroom Dads" because they try to be the Fun Guy...

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
P
P
Do you know if OW gets any $$$ assistance from the government?
If she does, the government usually wants to know when a male "partner" moves into the home as a functioning Dad.
Also, if she is getting, or if she is going to get alimony, WH living with her should affect that as well.

Don't do anything just yet, but look into the laws where you live.

Then, when the time is right .... twoxfour

S
OP Offline
S
Pep-I know that she was getting subsidy for her daughter's day care but she leaves her home alone now so I think she doesn't get anything but I will definitely look in to that.

SHMI-LOVE that one. A MUSHROOM.

The kids love playing with OW daughter. I am mad all around about that because I have never believed that you should introduce someone new to your kids for a long time in case it doesn't work out. OW and WH used to say the same things pre-A. Shows how their values change when they are in the fog. Oh well. Not gonna dwell on those things. Spending a nice relaxing day at home catching up on TV watching, FB apps and housework. Looking up things I can do with the rest of my life and not having to think about how it will affect anyone else, except my kids of course.

For 2 mornings I have woken up with a song running through my head(actually only this part over and over again)
"Dreams last for so long, even after you're gone. I know, you love me and soon I know you will see, you were meant for me and I was meant for you." I haven't heard that song in a really long time. I don't even know who sings it. Songs always "pop" into my head depending on my mood. I think this one did because of all of the dreams I have been having.

I liked during Plan A when I had this one running through my head(It's by Bif Naked)"I love myself today. Not like yesterday. I'm cool, I'm calm, It's gonna be okay. Uh huh. I love myself today. Not like yesterday. Take another look at me now. Cuz it's your last look, your last look FOREVER."

Very empowering song.

Just giving my thoughts for today hehehehehe

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P

IDEA for what you can be when you "grow up".

Professional roller skater !

S
OP Offline
S
LOL I did love to roller skate when I was younger and I was pretty darn good at it too. I don't know that they pay people to do that anymore though. HAHAHAHAHAHA

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
When you go to write a reply - hit "full reply" do not go to the immediate "quick reply" box.
Then, immediately above the white box where you would type stuff ... you will notice a smiley face icon

like this ~~~> smile
if you click on that, you'll see all the smilies you can use

Next to that is a where you can post a link (LOOKS LIKE A LITTLE CHAIN)
if you click on that you'll need the URL to put in there (I usually just paste a link I've already copied) then you will be asked to give it a name , such as "link" or "look at this mess' ... whatever you like

You can always look at "preview my post" to make sure you put the right link before you finally post it.

NEXT TO THAT IS A LETTER ... I NEVER USE THIS.

To the right of the letter is a funny looking thing that I think is supposed to be a frame. For posting images. I used my photobucket images.

To the right of that is the "media tag".
If you copied the URL for something like a You Tube video . you choose You Tube and paste the URL.

Check it before you post.

I hope this helps.

T
T
My ex never would go camping although I wanted to very much. Then he and OW had a tent set up "drying out" in their yard once when I went to pick up the kids. Totally made me angry. He did several things like this. It's quite difficult not to feel hurt - I distinctly remember thinking "you'll fall all over yourself making HER happy, when I just was never worth the effort" and it hurt so badly.

But... they got married and then within 5 years were divorced.

So don't be fooled by appearances. It's most likely an act to "do better" and assuage his guilt in a misdirected way.

You enjoyed programming classes and you like to teach... get a book on PHP/MySQL, do a couple of projects (for yourself is fine, just get them under your belt) and then bid on jobs at dice.com. Then when you have some experience, teach at the local tech school.

C
C
What about home health aide? Those people touch alot of lives in their careers- even if it's hospice. Not sure if you'd be into that or not.

S
OP Offline
S
I had a grandmother who did that and she loved her job. I respect those people fully. I have a VERY weak stomach. Held my breath for 6 years while changing diapers(that's of both kids cuz they were both 3 before they were trained). Keep them coming though cuz I need some ideas. My friends on FB said things like "Princess", "playgirl millionaire", "Lou Lou the psychic" "Bank Robber" "Disco Dancer" I really have some smart A$$ friends in Real life don't I? Maybe I should pick my friends better hahahaha.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
Use the force Scot....

is that Smart A$$ enuf?

N
N
Um, they sound a lot like us................

Keep your friends!

grin

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
OP Offline
S
Of course I am gonna keep my friends they make me laugh when I need it. Today I am okay. Had a bit of a cry and may again.

Had a good family games night with the boys last night. DS9 wanted us to play Life so we did. It is a new game of life called twists and turns and it is quite easy because You use a credit card instead of money. It was funny because you start with a skateboard and then you can buy cars. I bought an economy car and DS9 bought the luxury car. He also made a comment about when it told him to get married that he didn't have a house yet. It was a riot. I won the first game and then we played again and DS9 won. It really was a good time.

Can't wait until next Monday.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
"out of the mouths of babes." as the saying goes. Last night, DSx2 were sitting next to me after their showers and were all cuddled up under a blanket. I said, "What a lucky mommy I am to have such a wonderful family." To which DS9 responded, "But this family is not a lucky family at all, Mommy because Daddy left." I was totally heartbroken that he would say that but I calmly responded, "Well, you still have Daddy, he just doesn't live with us anymore. You will always have your brother and I though, and we are still a family." I was so saddened. DS9 was Daddy's little boy and he is really attached to him and I think it kills him not to have his Daddy everyday.

He of course doesn't ever say any of these things to WH because he wants to spare his feelings and since they only get 6 days a month together and talk for about 5-10 minutes a day, I don't think he wants to spend his time telling him bad things.

Well, I just have to keep reiterating the fact that I am here for them and that I am not going anywhere. I have to keep making memories and a life for them that is full. It is hard but I can do it. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
(((((Scottie)))))

S
OP Offline
S
I was reading Pep's notable posts and I LAUGHED so hard at this one.

Loco Wisdom

> 1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me,
> for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just
> pretty much
> leave me the ****** alone.
>
> 2. It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal your
> neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.
>
> 3. Sex is like air-it's not important unless you aren't getting any.
>
> 4. If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of
> car payments.
>
> 5. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
> That way, when you criticize them, you're at least mile away,
> and you have their shoes.
>
> 6. If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
>
> 7. Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish,
> and he will sit in your boat and drink your beer all day.
>
> 8. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was
> worth it.
>
> 9. Don't worry-It only seems kinky the first time.
>
> 10. There are two theories about arguing with women/men. Neither one
> works.
>
> 11. Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

That is so funny

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
You handled that extremely well, as always.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
V
V
Originally Posted by Neak
You handled that extremely well, as always.
Absolutely. hurray

Hi Scotland!
On the 'what you wanna be when you grow up' thing .......... have you ever gone to the Women's Employment Centre? I've had friends go there, it's free, you can fill out career assessment forms and they will help guide you towards a goal. Just a thought.

You are doing well. smile

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

C
C
If first you don't succeed, lower your standards

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
Page 44 of 199 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation