Proverbs 20:9 (NLT)
9 Who can say, �I have cleansed my heart; I am pure and free from sin�?

In this proverb King Solomon challenges anyone to prove them self sinless. At the time he is also questioning if there is anyone who is even capable of doing so. For King Solomon reasons there are none who can say, ��I have cleansed my heart; I am pure and free from sin�.

Searching one�s own soul and heart can prove difficult. There are many who may say they are good and just, but let someone else examine their life. When someone else is watching the sins which might go unnoticed are revealed. I think about those with addictions. An alcoholic for example will deny they have a problem with drinking. They will even be intoxicated and say �I�m not drunk. I just had a few.� They deny their own sin. Then there are those who tell lies big or small to gain favor, self esteem, or defend against what they should know in their heart it is wrong. How can we who are corrupted by sin remove our own sin when often we don�t even see it? It is why we have a Savior Jesus Christ who forgives our sin and cleanses us that we might become righteousness. There is hope of a sinless eternal life where we can be pure and free from sin and it is given to us by the mercy and grace of our Lord.