Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 48 of 199 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 198 199
M
M
Originally Posted by Scotland
That's what I say too. Now tats and piercings will have to wait until they are grown. Boy I am so looking forward to teenage years. HAHAHAHAHA

If you have them, you may not have to worry about it...we both have tats and so now our kids think they're dorky...hahaha, reverse psychology really works. smile smile smile

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
"How many of you make a conscious decision to fart with your spouse?"

LOL at Pep's sig line!!!

It's TST's fault.

Yes I know, I saw the post...still made me LOL. wink

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

P
P
Originally Posted by Scotland
I have a dark green roof

Nooo

No, you have a WHITE roof.

(see photo)

Are you colo(u)r blind cool ???????

Canadians ..... sheesh!

P
P
Originally Posted by Pepperband
"How many of you make a conscious decision to fart with your spouse?"

LOL at Pep's sig line!!!

It's TST's fault.

Yes I know, I saw the post...still made me LOL. wink

I'm eating beans and coleslaw right now ... in anticipation of some major conscious decision in a few hours.

M
M
I'm eating beans and coleslaw right now ... in anticipation of some major conscious effort in a few hours.

sigh

That would be considered a big old LBer in the Mr. and Mrs. MF household. wink

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

P
P
Wait until you're my age, MF.
I take pleasure in the small every day accomplishments wink

rotflmao

S
OP Offline
S
So update on the party. I don't know why the universe is so mean to me HAHAHAHAHA. I guess it is cuz I can laff at this kind of stuff and I always see the positives. So we threw a really good party, UNTIL THE PUKING STARTED puke

Yep this was a child's party. No alcohol involved. So the party was from 430-630. At about 530 the birthday boy comes up to me and says, "Mommy I am going to puke." and before anyone could move, puke

Then, we played a mummy wrapping game. My 7 year old niece ran out of the room and....... puke

Then we did the pinata and the rest of the games and after we sang Happy Birthday and DS7 blew out the candles, my sister went running out of the room and...... puke

We were getting ready to leave when my DS9 (you guessed it) puke

My friend's husband said, "Well, you sure know how to throw a GOOD party."

So we are bunking down on the couch for the night. I feel bad but I HAVE to go to work tomorrow. I only have 2 shifts this week and they are tomorrow and Sunday. I guess I will still have to send them with WH. I feel like I should be the one taking care of them though.

Well, it is definitely a MEMORABLE one laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
Lol Kids still talk about the Christmas of puke

Everyone was sick even me. After the kids go t through the 3 day puke-fest. Mom was happy, then the dog walked up to her ,looked at her and yep puke right on her. That woman went through a lot that winter

S
OP Offline
S
I have the best luck. It is quite humourous. I always have memorable things happen.

You guys often commented about how strong I was during this process, well it has to be that I always have to deal with things. My life is one big WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS. Almost every trip I have ever been on has some funny things that have happened that made it memorable. Things pile up on me over and over again. I just take it in stride. What else are we supposed to do with life? Roll with the punches and see what else life has in store.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
Do ya feel like Lucille Ball sometimes?

S
S
You talk about trips going wrong Scottie. My Grandma has noticed a little pattern with me, she won't ever travel with me.

when I was 15ish I went on a school exchange to Armenia, which included a few days stop off in Moscow - the trip was always on/off cos of the earthquake and unrest in Russia. When we first signed up to the trip it was �1=1 rouble when we went it was 100rouble. Well, we got mugged in Red Square by gypsies on the way out and then the day we left the tanks moved in to red square marking the collapse of the Soviet Union

When we took mum and dad on their first trip abroad we went to Canada had been there just 3 days 9-11. Made our internal flights interesting. Never mind that the pilot had real problems with landing gear and we circled about 7 times on our return to London ( I bet there were a few people on that flight that have been put off flying)

When we went to spain etta set off a bomb at the footbal stadium just 30 minutes after we drove past.

You certainly have the best attitude Scottie. Roll with the punches and keep looking forward knowing that the best is to come.

Hope everyone is recovering well

S
OP Offline
S
Well, now it is my turn. I nursed my children through the night and then I woke up and BADDA BING it's me.

WH called this morning. He was talking to DS9. DS9 hung up the phone and said, "Daddy hurt his shoulder." Well, I already called in sick to work but the kids are still going with WH today but here is the kicker. WH told DS9 that there would be a message for me on the answering machine. WH called back and left a message saying he dislocated his shoulder and has to go for surgery tomorrow morning. He will not be taking the kids tomorrow. I know I am supposed to get him to make arrangements but I have a feeling his only arrangement would be POSOW. What do I do about tomorrow? I am NOT okay with POSOW watching my kids for WH, I would rather find someone myself.

Also, he mentioned that he can not drive, which means that POSOW will be picking up and dropping off my children today. WTF. I am not happy about that. I was going to keep the kids home today so they could recover(and because I am not comfortable with POSOW coming here). I am sick though and it is his day so I am still sending them and gritting my teeth.

I am so angry. AHHHHHHHHHHH

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
R
R
I would try to reschedule the visit the kids have with dad.

Have the IM say the reschedule is to let WH heal quicker and he can have an alternative day later in the week.

Hopefully, OW won't need to pick up the kids then. Maybe if it looks that way....you can find an alternative driver to shuttle them.

S
OP Offline
S
POSOW and WH already came here. I couldn't get hold of IM's as WH called while he was on his way here. I tried to get DS9 to call WH and just say that they were sick and were staying home with me but WH didn't answer the phone. When WH and POSOW came here, they parked a few houses away. I was actually very sick at the time, and in the bathroom. DSx2 left and will be back later tonight. I am going to set up another sitter for them for tomorrow because I have no choice, I have to go to work since I am sick today and I only have the two shifts this week(although I am going to try to pick up a couple to make up for today).

I am also having some feelings about WH surgery too. This is the first surgery either of us has ever had and I am really saddened that I am not going to be there for him and POSOW will be. He is going to have a scar that will be a constant reminder of HER forever. I am scared for him too. 2 weeks ago, I started having the thoughts of "What if he dies and the last time I talked to him is the day I asked him to leave?" Now I see tomorrow as a possibility of that. That sucks.

Feelings suck. Just when I think that things are looking a bit better BLAMO something comes outta left field. It always seems to happen that way. Life is funny that way. Par for the course in my life anyways.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
R
R
Try to look at it this way.

Though you would love to be his partner caring for him with his surgery.....SHE gets to which will be a little extra reality for her here. She might rise to the occasion, or not. It isn't going to be a bed of roses for sure though. If you reconsile with him some day, you reclaim the stuff that is reminding of her (objects, the scar) and love it to transform it into future bonding with him. It doesn't have to be a trophy of them together. That could drive a person bonkers. You accept the reality and claim it as yours (kiss it and name it and love it should that wonderful day ever come)

You are ill and this is stressful BUT you can use the time to your advantage to recreate your inner dialogue to something like

"Woo hoo! I don't have to take care of him. How fortunate! Great the kids can be there to give him love and I can focus on ME."

(so hard to change the inner voices but it can be done)

I hope you feel well soon!

Last edited by reading; 01/23/10 10:59 AM.

S
OP Offline
S
Well, everyone who has had this flu bug, only lasts for about 12 hours. I have 4 put in so about 8 more and I should be good(right after the kids come home).

Thanx for trying to get me to change my inner voices. It is hard and these are just the thoughts that I had. I am sharing my experience with all of you and I am being honest. It helps me to get it out. I am journalling too. It doesn't help that today I am feeling ill and I didn't have much sleep so emotionally it is hard for me. Thanx again.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
Looks like it is time to unplug the answering machine again. WH just called and left another message. It was something about what the kids bought with their allowance and how they were feeling today. I guess they were still sick. Well, WH is their father and part of it is taking care of sick children.

WH hasn't tried to break the NC in a LONG time. He hasn't sent messages through the kids or even mentioned me in emails.

Wow, I am always amazed at how accurate you guys are. It was funny when I first got here and I was in newbie fog, I thought my WH was DIFFERENT. Well, he is different, FROM ME, but not from other WS. Going even DARKER. I am not responding to him at all.

Well, the kids are home. Gotta take care of them now.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
AHHHHHHHHH WH is so FOGGY it is killing me. DS9 told me that today they had gone to a video game store and bought 2 games. DS7's game didn't work so they were going back to the store to exchange it. DS9 felt really dizzy so WH left him at home alone with OW's 11 year old daughter. AHHHHHHHHH

This is not acceptable to me. She is only 11 and DS9 was sick. What would she have done if something happened to him? OMG I am SOOOOOO MAD.

I know I have to do something about this in regards to sending a message through the IM's but right now I am just mad. I need a clear head to figure out what it is I am going to get them to say to him. Any advice? The IM's won't be able to contact him until maybe Monday.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
Okay, so some more honesty right now. I SO want to write WH an email telling him good luck for tomorrow. I won't because it will go against my Plan B. WH is probably going to think that I don't care. I do care. Thanx for the vent. I am going to bed now so I don't get tempted to write. I do hope he will write the kids or call when he gets out of surgery though so they will feel better(okay I will feel better too knowing that he is still alive and made it through okay).

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
Can you get some more dependable IMs?

Besides that you SHOULD be mad about that. Send a seriuos letter to WH ,Filtered through Ims of course),telling him this is not acceptable.

If you had IM's that were able to be contacted by phone then he should have been able to run it by THEM. They are your representatives at this time. Would he rather have a lawyer or child services be who you went to?

Assuming the Ims had a brain in their head and would have said something like,"Ok bring the children/child here and I will contact Scotland. They will be Ok with us for awhile."
Part of this plan is to show WH he CAN'T have a good relationship with his children and keep them out of danger while he acts that way. This is a prime example of what ppl will lower themselves to when they feel entitled.

Sorry Scot . Hope all the boys feel better and are safe. You too. Not gonna be a real fun weekend waiting to deal with this huh?

Page 48 of 199 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation