Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 55 of 199 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 198 199
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by StillHereMakingIt
Or you could open the door when he comes to get the kids, be dressed and ready to go out, scoot the kids out, shut the door behind you as you walk out too, hand him the letter/package/book and get on your cell phone and say "I'm on my way" and giggle. Then walk to your car and head out... Never mind that you are driving around the block or just made plans to meet a friend for coffee, let him know you are not waiting at home but have a LIFE!

I don't have a car. Also, this past weekend POSOW was in MY seat in his truck(if he were to ever come back, I will have to burn that seat and get a new one HAHAHAHAHA), I don't think I could totally control myself around her. I will be able to one day, but it's still too hard for that. Besides, it will be emotional enough for me to see WH, if I choose to do a face to face.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
Originally Posted by Scotland
ASKING MYSELF WHAT WOULD PEP SAY?

Is that a WWPD ???....sorta like the old WWJD?

rotflmao

N
N
Although there were MANY MANY people who helped me see things, I attribute my newly BS fog being lifted by YOU. (reference Pep)

Scotty,

While I am in NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM, taking anything away from GODDESS PEP, I hope you do realize she helped you find the the attributes, strenght, and courage that was always in YOU. This is what a good and knowledgable counselor, friend, and confidant does.

Deep down, it was always within you.....sometimes we just need to help to find it..... grin

not2fun

ps...I was the same way when I first got here.....I will always be indebted to those who helped me find my PERSONAL POWER.....

S
OP Offline
S
It is a WWPW(what would Pep write) and yea kinda like WWJD.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

rotflmao

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
doh2

N
N
lashes I'm here lashes

kiss

Not giddy or nake, yikes! Do you KNOW how cold it is today??? Our wind chill is -21.

I had to run an errand for AJ to Plentywood, and get some water as long as I was at it. Then I come home and find out I have missed out on a love-fest in my honor. Well I luvs yer all back loike, and now I'm really gonna hafta think, cuz all the ideas are so fab already. (That's what happens to Neakie-come-latelys.)

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
OP Offline
S
Don't worry Not, you are one of them too. Pep just seemd to be the one to give me the kick in the pants I needed in the way that got through.

I am GRATEFUL to all of you.

Every time I was called a "rock star" I would cringe. I didn't think I was doing anything special. I was following along with what you guys were suggesting. Not always perfectly, and still slipping along the way, but I was listening. You guys were the vets and I know when to shut up and listen.

Sometimes a good kick in the pants is exactly what I need.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
I'll throw in my suggestion....

You could get him a Yoga figurine....on a note you could write....

"Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you"

or

"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate you destiny, consume you it will...."

or

"Size matters not"

rotflmao

okay, maybe those wouldn't be the BEST ones to go with, but man, isn't it tempting..... wink

not2fun

P
P
Every time I was called a "rock star" I would cringe.

Try getting yourself in a side-by-side comparison with Jesus ... I'll take RockStar any day of the week.

The cringe I just did was multi-orificed

Yeah, Neakie is HERE dance2

N
N
Don't worry Not, you are one of them too. Pep just seemd to be the one to give me the kick in the pants I needed in the way that got through.

Oh yeah, I so KNOW what you mean....Mimi was that for me. Throw in Mark and Lala (a FWW) and I was TOAST!!!!!

Originally Posted by Scotty
I am GRATEFUL to all of you.

kiss....only giving back

Originally Posted by scotty
Sometimes a good kick in the pants is exactly what I need.

well you sure make it hard to give ya good butt-kicking since you seem to intuitively have this down......

not2fun

P
P
Neak, I was hoping you'd weigh in with your assessment if it is a good idea at all, or at this time ..... the olive branch. Premature?

N
N
So far of the delivery methods, I like the in person with shhhh best, however if OW horns along again it might lose some of it's impact when you go shhhhgaaaaaAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH as you leap through the car window and close your fingers around her neck. So do that only if WH comes alone.

On the booster sounds good and reliable as a backup choice.

Now what what what to get? I've been trying to think if there's a Star Wars book about pool, but keep drawing a blank. For some reason.

You've got some great starters as to what to look for in either pool stuff or SW books, so whichever one you find, try to find a card that covers the other interest. So if you find a pool movie, look for a SW card.

And whatever one you end up getting, put a cute little message in Yodese written on/in it.

I'm thinking, "Still room for you in family there is..."

"When dump skankho you do, speak I will to you..." not so much.

rotflmao

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
N
Originally Posted by Pepperband
I'll take RockStar any day of the week.

I don't know Pep....everytime I hear that I get this voice of Dude007..."Party like a ROCKSTAR...." going in my head.....THAT would make me cringe......

not2fun

S
OP Offline
S
OMG NEAK you are making me CRY and get a GREAT ab workout with this.

I have to go pick up the boys and their friends so I will catch up later. Don't have too much fun while I am gone. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
Originally Posted by Neak
I'm thinking, "Still room for you in family there is..."

"When dump skankho you do, speak I will to you..." not so much.

You got mad skills.

Please see earlier question.

N
N
In short, yes I think this is a good idea. Being me, you can expect additional explanations to follow.

On the one hand, it's just a little early in the game for a routinely scheduled olive branch ~but~ all the special dates trump the early.

It's not an exact science, and I think without the special dates I would have recommended another 3-4 weeks. But just as Plan B around Christmas, annis, or B-days can be a real gut-puncher to a WS, so can a brief peek of the lighthouse around a date fraught with a lifetime of glowing memories.

Thus, I think this is too good to waste as long as our girl is up to it, which it sounds like she is.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
P
P
Neak & Pep = same page

N
N
Another thing I really like to do when someone in a great PB starts the olive branch system, is to make it really regular. Say, on the first day of the month, every other month. Or whatever...just spread out and predictable.

Then, after a few times, miss one.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
N
Neak & Pep = same page

What can I say? I learnt from the best.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
M
M
annis,

I couldn't figure out what the new spelling of anus had to do with special dates..."A-hole Day" was a new one to me. doh2

Geeeeeeez....

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
Page 55 of 199 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation