Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 57 of 199 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 198 199
K
K
You could always check out a Gamestop and see if they have it, since they carry movies too...what is it rated?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
S
OP Offline
S
I found it online, but I have to have it soon, so I am going to figure it out. If my sister is going to the states this week, then I can have it shipped to her BF's PO box and it will be cheaper in shipping and it should arrive faster. I have to find out from her tonight.

As far as his music, he likes punk and hard rock/ska. It is hard for me to know what songs because I realized that in the past year or so(I have been looking back over things that changed and I think the A went PA about a year ago) he started listening to depressing music, with very angry undertones and he started swearing a lot and watching UFC all of the time. I made many comments about it being different and he disregarded it.

On another note, DS9 was talking to WH when he told him that he felt uncomfortable having POSOW and her child in the truck when he is dropping them off and picking them up. WH asked if it was what I told him and DS9 answered, "Mommy told me that I should tell you the things that bother me because I have to let them out so I won't erupt like a volcano." This was the way the counselor explained what happens when you bottle up your emotions. I am a proud Mama.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
Love that kid.

S
OP Offline
S
I do love that kid laugh

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I think WH believes it more readily from DS9 than DS7 because DS7 can say some mean things sometimes. He has said many, many times that he hates WH. I know he loves him, but he gets mad. He's not one that cares what his words will do to others. I have tried to teach him, but at the same time, I want him to be honest. It's a fine line.

He did say something really funny the other day though. He asked me, "Mommy if you die in SPACE, do you still go to Heaven." I asked him to repeat the question and then I said, "Of course you would honey." It was just out of thin air. He is really fun like that though, keeps me on my toes.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
For picking music and movies, pick things he used to like. Hearing the familiar tunes brings back feelings of how he used to be, and what he used to be like. Who cares what he likes now? Sorry, but true. smile

As far as the text, I have mixed feelings. It's a neat idea, and will definitely cause ripples of trouble. On the con side, it's a medium through which he can respond. Just setting out a gift leaves him with not very much to say, and not so many ways to say it, lol.

Now the ValDay thing we can have fun with. Having Mom over to babysit for the drop-off is wonderful. Now the idea that immediately sprang to mind has varying degrees of naughty, and may not work. Gotta toss it out there anyway.

Lower key involves a Valentine's bouquet clearly visible through the door, or window, or whatever. You can even put together your own with a couple items from the dollar store.

A little more elaborate would be leaving a bouquet of flowers, or a stuffed animal arrangement on the front porch, and your mom picks it up when he gets there, maybe even calling thank you to WH.

And if you think that isn't naughty enough, more in keeping with the spirit of Plan B, she could pick it up and march it out to him, saying, "Thank you, but I know Scotland won't accept this." And let him try to figure out who it's from and whether he should return it.

Lol, well it's a great fantasy anyway. Something simpler would be better, if anything. You don't want to go too far overboard in shaking him up, but if there are a few innocent things he happens to notice that, in his mind, add up to some possible competition, that's fine. You just don't want to be deceitful by giving that impression directly, but you can't help it if he jumps to conclusions, either.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
N
PS The same people that believed that God couldn't find you if you died at sea probably think you're out of luck in space, too.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
I like the "mystery bouquet" idea myself, with 1 morething... lets seee.. neak you gotta have a grand finale'
Um if there was some way he could do his normal uninvited phone call and hear music in the background? Nah to sleazy..
Something about Mom going out this weekend with freinds and a new dress? A rumor yes YES .

No better yet shes going out with a guy...not just some guy.. a model.. no wait BRAD PITT. yes Thats the Ticket..

Scottys got a date with Brad Pitt

yeah thats it..

C
C
But serious would you be willing to use the boys to start a rumor? You don't have to make them lie. Just tell them you are going out with some girls while they are with WH. Talk about your new dress and put on to much perfume.

The flowers on the porch will finish the game.

K
K
Eww, no, not Brad Pitt!

Have you SEEN his beard lately?!

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
S
OP Offline
S
A beard can be shaved off, but I wouldn't date a man that cheated on his wife.(other than my own H I guess, I realized what I said here)

I am going to be going to work that day, and then I will just stay out late so my mom will be there, but that's if she doesn't have plans.

I do plan on going out a few times and dropping the kids off at my friend's house, but the kids say that WH doesn't ask about me. They wouldn't bring up that I went out, they would say it in a way like this, "We were at Friend's house today and it was fun." When WH may ask, "Where was Mommy?"

Last edited by Scotland; 02/08/10 09:49 PM.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
I ordered the DVD. My sister's BF has a CD of his old favourite band. So I have a DVD and a CD. I thought about something though. What if he doesn't take the present? Or what if he brings it back with him?

I know, I know......here twoxfour

It doesn't matter. I am doing this for ME.

If he doesn't accept my olive branch, I will have an awesome movie and CD. laugh

Maybe I could even watch it with the kids.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
L
L
You said that you have to work on Valentine's Day.

Before the boys leave, lay out a nice dress (or wear a really nice dress if it will do for work), along with nice heels. Take extra pains with your makeup and spritz on just enough extra perfume to make the boys notice. When they ask what you're doing, tell them that you have somewhere "grown-up" to go right after work, but that you will be home not long after they are. When you come home, bring a small posy of flowers with you that a friend gave you. Come into the house, humming and in a happy mood.

To keep from lying to the boys, go out for a drink with a female friend, and give her the money to buy the posy so she can hand them to you. smile

Now, I bet the boys tell their dad that mom is gonna get all dressed up after work to go to a grown-up place and that she was smelling real good.

Oughta keep WH lost in thought all day long on Valentine's Day!

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
S
OP Offline
S
EVIL GENIUS YOU ARE.........Oh no I am stuck in Yodaese. HAHAHAHA

That will be a good one. Now fingers crossed that my Mom will come over for a bit on Sunday for me. She said she wasn't in to celebrating that day anyways since it is my parent's anniv(I was so tempted to use annis HEHEHEHEHE)

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
Do not lose sight of the purpose of the olive branch.
It is to say to WH:

"It's not too late."

Because, most waywards DO think it is too late. They cannot see beyond their own nose, they are too short sighted.

Be certain the unintended message of "I have already moved on." is not mistakenly sent.

S
OP Offline
S
That's not what I was thinking, and that's why I was asking if I should still do the thing on V-day if I plan on 6 days later extending this olive branch.

My WH and I had talked about this before and he said that he knew that then I was saying that I would reconcile, but that didn't mean I would always want to do that. This was before I found MB and I think I said that it was what I wanted at the time.

I never said I would wait forever and I never set a deadline or said that there were things I wouldn't forgive.

If the suggestion is that I forgo the V-Day "stage play" and focus instead on my olive branch plan, that is what I will do.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
Originally Posted by Scotland
If the suggestion is that I forgo the V-Day "stage play" and focus instead on my olive branch plan, that is what I will do.

That's my opinion. But, I only get one vote.
Wait for the rest of the peanut gallery. grin

M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Do not lose sight of the purpose of the olive branch.
It is to say to WH:

"It's not too late."

Because, most waywards DO think it is too late. They cannot see beyond their own nose, they are too short sighted.

Be certain the unintended message of "I have already moved on." is not mistakenly sent.

This is very important, especially in PlanB I reckon. Even in my PlanA, my WS will try and accuse me of not being willing to reconcile. It needs to be stated clearly and often in PlanA, and any schemes you cook up in PlanB should consider this.

BTW pband, I love your sig.

S
OP Offline
S
On my scale, you count as 2(I think I have a girl crush on you now hehehehehehe).

I will wait for the peanut gallery to chime in, I have time.

What do you think about me going out for a few hours a couple of times and dropping the kids off at my friend's house? I have a recently D HS friend of mine that has been DYING to see me. She goes to school so I can only see her at night.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
HAHAHAHA I made it to your sig line PEPPERBAND(rather my DS7 did with his dying in space comment)

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
(I think I have a girl crush on you now hehehehehehe).
kiss

What do you think about me going out for a few hours a couple of times and dropping the kids off at my friend's house? I have a recently D HS friend of mine that has been DYING to see me. She goes to school so I can only see her at night.

I think it's a super idea to treat yourself to such a fun time!

Remember this, the messages OW wants you to send to your husband are as follows:
#1. "I've moved on." puke

#2. "I am no longer interested in marriage reconciliation." MrRollieEyes

and the winner is:

#3. "Now I have a new someone else in my life." Nooo

Page 57 of 199 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation