Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 70 of 199 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 198 199
N
N
I just love this brilliant use of the English language. For some reason it just jumped out at me when I read it earlier today. It's so subtle but also so...obnoxious.

I agree - there are so many delightful layers it's hard to know where to start.

I've been thinking and thinking of all the kid stuff I've hated over the years. If you have them, dollar stores are some of the best places to come up with annoying things, and you can get SO MANY of them!!!

If your kids are even a quarter as messy as mine are, card games are great. Teach them how to shuffle in fancy ways that explode all over while learning.

Guitar Hero might be too obvious, ditto accordions. Neaksis got one for the kids a few years back, yikes! Bubbles might be good, and those little crystal-growing kits. They always spill, and you have to set them in one place and leave them. Oh oh oh, I know - Battleship!!!!!!!! Those pegs really leave a mark.

We haven't even started in on the craft projects...

Try to have one or two new things each visit if you can, to add to all the other things you've already sent. Well, whatever your budget can afford. After all, your children's comfort and intellectual stimulation is a very high priority. grin

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
N
Check thrift stores, too - I found a game of marbles/Chinese Checkers for the Dervish's birthday, which lasted for almost 3 days before I started throwing the pieces away as I found them.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
>before I started throwing the pieces away as I found them.

OMGosh! I am SO glad another mommy does this!!!!!!!!! I thought I was the only one.

A gf and I had a garage sale together. She had all these games and puzzles that had all the pieces still in them. I never got the guts up to ask her how her kids kept all their games together.

Come to think of it, I don't think I ever saw her kids dirty either.

They must be mutants or something.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
N
N
They just never get to do any of the stuff. I AM NOT FOOLED!

No, you're not the only one. I tried for much too long to keep it all together. Finally, I realized that if they wanted to keep their stuff, they would let me know by taking care of it.

By not taking care of it, they were letting me know they were overwhelmed, and as an Awesome Mom it was my job to decipher their funny little codes and answer their cry for help.

grin

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
Ahhhh! So WE'RE helping them?!

I just thought I was saving my footerpeg from the damage the horse-dude from Monopoly does when you step on him in the middle of the night.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
N
N
Noooooo. You would NEVER throw your children's possessions away for your own gain. It is a vital part of reaching out to them in empathy and understanding.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
OP Offline
S
Dealan- Your friend's children aren't mutants, they just aren't CHILDREN. Maybe your friend doesn't let them PLAY. I told DS7 that I would send some things with them on Sunday so they wouldn't be bored when visiting Daddy. DS7 said, "But OW'sDD11 would take them." I said, "Oh? I don't think she will." Of course inside I was thinking, "Would it be so bad if she did?"

My friend suggested FLOAM and Pixos too. I remembered Sticky mosaics. DS7 LOVES those. Although they don't hurt, DS7 seems to think the FLOOR is the garbage can.

When WH called last night, he thanked DS9 for being so good while he had them. It is crazy-making. He really doesn't get that they are good because they aren't comfortable yet. DS9 said they were really quiet on Saturday because they wanted WH to take them to McDonald's for dinner. I heard WH tell them this in the morning and DS9 said, "Can you tell us exactly what we have to do to be good?"(I was locking the front door. Okay, I hung around a little too long but I wanted to hear what WH's response was.)

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
If OW's DD does actually take their toys on a regular basis, the IM's may need to mention it to WH, but oh-so-nicely. First, try a bunch of boy toys. Perhaps I should say boys' toys. Doesn't sound any better, but looks fine.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
P
P
Paint is very creative and fun.
Finger painting kits are inexpensive.
grin

P
P
Originally Posted by Scotland
DS9 said, "Can you tell us exactly what we have to do to be good?"

I just love your kids. kiss

M
M
Our boys LOVE Tech Decks...DH and I hate them because they all come with these little teeny tiny wheels and trucks so that they can switch them out on the skateboards and they end up all over the house.

You can also get ramps for the Tech Decks...there are tons of them. Some are very big and bulky and they like to build big "skateparks" with them. I hate them because they take up a lot of space...thankfully we have a big playroom in our basement where they can set them up because they need a lot of space. Hint hint.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
M
M
Oh! I forgot the best part...they make alot of noise as they are "tech decking" them all over the place...on tables, the floor, the counters. This constant noise starts to get on your nerves and we find ourselves snatching them away from the boys when our tolerance level has reached it's limit.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

N
N
Wooo woooo, those sound great!!!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
P
P
Silly string!! Guaranteed to stick to hair, walls, carpet and mirrors!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Silly string!! Guaranteed to stick to hair, walls, carpet and mirrors!

I adore silly string.
But, NOT naughty when I am enjoying Girl Scout cookies.

S
OP Offline
S
I did look at the tech decks today. I got 3 1000 piece puzzles, 2 slinkys and a box of games such as chinese checkers, pick up sticks and snakes and ladders. I thought about another thing that I can get at the dollar store, MARBLES.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
Scotland = evil genius
clap

M
M
Pep ~

Tagalongs!
dance2

Just sayin'.... smile <Though I do love Samoas as well.>

Are you just getting yours now? We got ours a few weeks ago and they are gone. I think they lasted a little longer this time...like, 6 hours. That's a record around here.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

P
P
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
Tagalongs!
dance2

Just sayin'.... smile <Though I do love Samoas as well.>

Are you just getting yours now?

I did not order any !!!!!!!!
DH bought some.
DD also bought some.
We are currently, fresh out.

For years (6 years ???) I did the cookie sales thing, with DD.
We did pull off some damn entertaining sidewalk cookie sales escapades, I must say.
Sang 'n danced for the cookie-buying public.
Mock fainting.
Poetry reciting, lamenting the lack of thin mints for the majority of the year.
(Our troop had some very talented & goofy Girl Scouts)

N
N
You're making me hungry.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Page 70 of 199 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation