Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 71 of 199 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 198 199
F
F
Great job on the messy games, Scotty!

I just bought out in front of our bank trefoils and thin mints. Mom is buying so mom gets what SHE wants smile

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
M
M
We've never done Girl Scouts...oldest DD wasn't interested but youngest DD has expressed interest...maybe next year.

DH and I couldn't believe it when we went to Loewe's on the day of cookie distribution to the troop leaders...the parking lot was taken over by semi's full of pallets of cookies and the line wrapped around 3 full sides of the store, no kidding! I mean, I know they're good and all...but really? I can't even begin to imagine how long it took to get through that line...though I am appreciative to DD's BFF's mom who had to stand in that line to get our cookies. smile

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
S
OP Offline
S
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Second night in a row that WH didn't call my boys. I am angry about that. He used to pride himself on being such a good Dad and POSOW used to even comment about it. Well, I guess that was my DH NOT WH. And he is WH now through and through. I have always been the type of parent that doesn't impose my own anger on to a sitch that the kids are in. I asked them if it bothered them that WH didn't call and they said, "No." Then I asked if they wanted to write an email and they said, "No" so I am just gonna vent on here, document it and then let it go(OKAY only SORT OF).

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
Sorry to hear that, Scotland! sigh At least the boys seem to either be ignoring their dad's inattentiveness or have moved on. We lucked out tonight and WH called my kids tonight. He was in a good mood and talked quite a bit. Nothing important, just idle chit chat.

Keeping you in my prayers and sending you many hugs!

S
OP Offline
S
This is precisely what I HATE about myself. I need to change this behaviour for SURE. I sometimes react to things BEFORE getting ALL of the info. I was going to bed and I looked at my cell. WH texted me(yes I know, he's not supposed to and I am NOT supposed to read it) I didn't realize it was a text from HIM. I just say words going across the front of my cell saying, "...at hospital passing kidney stone...." I read that and then just checked who it was sent from. It said it was WH so I just deleted it without reading the rest. I am NOT even telling DSx2 about it.

It did make me have a weird dream though. My dream was about WH. My Mom was at my house and my Dad came to visit. WH came down the street in a front end loader. He tried to talk to me. I wouldn't talk to him because he was still with POSOW. He left but he had the bucket of the front end loader up and it hit power wires. I started screaming for someone to call 911. My Dad did. My WH came out of the front end loader and was okay. That's when I woke up. WEIRD WEIRD.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
In Plan B, WH isn't supposed to contact you directly except in case of emergency. Having felt a kidney stone myself, I would call it an emergency, lol.

Having said that, it's probably just as well you didn't read the rest - you got all the important info.

Your dream is pretty accurate, too. WS's seldom come out ok till there's a crash. You can't make an omelet without breaking a few power lines, or something like that.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
Just checkin in Scotty. Hang in there and keep up the good work.

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
D
D
Originally Posted by Scotland
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Second night in a row that WH didn't call my boys. I am angry about that. He used to pride himself on being such a good Dad and POSOW used to even comment about it. Well, I guess that was my DH NOT WH. And he is WH now through and through. I have always been the type of parent that doesn't impose my own anger on to a sitch that the kids are in. I asked them if it bothered them that WH didn't call and they said, "No." Then I asked if they wanted to write an email and they said, "No" so I am just gonna vent on here, document it and then let it go(OKAY only SORT OF).

Honestly, these kids FEEL that he is waynerd dad, and waynerd dad is WAY different that real dad. That's why they don't want to communicate with him. They know the difference.

Smart boys, your kids.

(and I stepped on a tech deck screwdriver last night...I said words that would peel paint)

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
R
R
Well, now ya know. Kidney stone. Poor guy.

As for the dream, well, I have similar dreams often in B.

I prefer not recalling them when I wake up. I figure they are to work through the situation but they are a bit disconcerting to think about.

So. Onward we all go.

smile

S
OP Offline
S
I too have had a kidney stone. Many people liken it to child birth and to some point I agree. I didn't bring home my kidney stone and nurture it though. I wasn't HAPPY to experience THAT.

I feel bad for him but in a LITTLE way(okay maybe not so LITTLE), I am happy he is feeling some PAIN. My friend said that it is funny. My WH hasn't been to the emergency room in 14 years and now he has been twice in 2 months. I thought that was a little funny too.

Dea-I never thought of it like that. That makes PERFECT sense. They don't see him as their real Dad, he is an alien to them too. LIGHT BULB. BRAVA. Learning everyday. laugh I am a student of life.

Hey, I came up with a few more things I could become. Here are a few I am tossing around at the moment, virtual assistant, air traffic controller, web designer and PR Rep. Lots of options for me out there and things I might enjoy doing. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
I think you could do anything you set your mind to..(Is that to much of a guidance counselor quote?) Lol

How about a guidance counselr?

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
S
OP Offline
S
SSO-That would be an idea. I just have to become a TEACHER first. I will add it to my list. I have thought about a career counselor. My list keeps growing and that to me is a good thing. I will just have to pick one, devise a PLAN and then go for it.

I am watching Fireproof right now and I must say, I pulled out the box of tissues. WOW, no wonder everyone talks about how AWESOME this movie is.

Last edited by Scotland; 03/11/10 01:09 PM.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
K
K
I'd suggest virtual assistant. Easier to work from home that way and you can work while the kids are at school.

I've done a few freelance things of that nature and pretty much sat in front of a computer for a while. Works if you enjoy computers.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
N
N
If you liked Fireproof, you'll also like their other movies. We just watched Flywheel last night. It was AJ's first time seeing it, and he almost injured himself laughing.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
OP Offline
S
I LOVE COMPUTERS. That is how that one got on the list. That is also why Web Designer is on the list too because I took 1st year Computer Programming in College and I loved it. Even better was that when I went back to my HS to apply for college, I told my GC what I was applying for and he said, "About time."

I am keeping my options open and seeing what would be the best fit. It isn't about money(although it's not like I wanna work for FREE), it's about how it fits with my new reality and how it makes me feel.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
How about Diva?

I'm putting in my application, ASAP.

S
OP Offline
S
How much does it pay to be a professional DIVA? Is it more than a professional disco roller skater? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Can't really laff too much right now, I musta used a half a box of kleenex watching that movie.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
I think becoming a DIVA is a prerequisite to become a "Housewife of _____ County". Job looks easy though... fight with your friends, fight with your husband, be snarky, go shopping, spend money you don't have, party all the time and pretend you're having a wonderful time doing it! I don't think you'd make it as a Housewife though, you're waaayyy too nice. smile

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
I think becoming a DIVA is a prerequisite to become a "Housewife of _____ County". Job looks easy though... fight with your friends, fight with your husband, be snarky, go shopping, spend money you don't have, party all the time and pretend you're having a wonderful time doing it! I don't think you'd make it as a Housewife though, you're waaayyy too nice. smile

.... and I'm NOT !
dramaqueen

S
OP Offline
S
I think you forgot the first prereq and that is the GIANT FAKE TATAS. That is one series of show I am proud to say I have NEVER watched.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 71 of 199 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation