Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 72 of 199 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 198 199
P
P
You're not what Pep? Nice? Now that's a load of hooey. stickout

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
Originally Posted by Scotland
I think you forgot the first prereq and that is the GIANT FAKE TATAS. That is one series of show I am proud to say I have NEVER watched.

Oh yeah! That IS the NUMBER.ONE.REQUIREMENT. Oh that show's hysterical-- and so catty. No way that's real life.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
GIANT FAKE TATAS

check

S
OP Offline
S
Oh NO NATURAL TATAS DON'T COUNT. SOrry I have DD's HAHAHAHAHAHA so I don't count. Whenever I think of fake TATAS, I remember my Dad making comments about Dog the bounty Hunter's wife having WATERMELONS for TATAS laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
GIANT FAKE TATAS

check

rotflmao

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
S
OP Offline
S
Geez, I hadn't realized that I didn't write on MY thread in a couple of days.

I was having a bit of a "day" yesterday. I made plans to go out for lunch with a few moms from the school. I got dolled up and they complimented me. I must have been thinking about WH too much though because I was feeling a bit down. I went to bed early because I was SO tired.

This morning, I got to sleep in until 8am(woooohoooo). I could hear the boys downstairs playing games. I just thought about my sitch. I feel down about it again but not as bad as yesterday. Yesterday, I was doing the "what ifs" again. Those SUCK.

I am gonna get through this rough patch. I am still better than I was before but I think it is part of the process. I need to focus on getting me better and taking care of the kids.

It is technically the first day of March Break and they are already saying they are bored. This is gonna be FUN(sarcasm).

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
Well, today is a funny day. It is RAINING which generally makes people stay in doors and wanna sleep. The clocks go forward tonight. I mentioned something to DS9 about how I hope that WH remembers to set his clock forward so I won't be late for work. DS9 took it upon himself to say, "Daddy, Mommy wanted me to remind you to turn your clocks forward tonight." My eyes bugged out and my heart sank. I didn't tell him to tell him. AHHHHHHHH now WH thinks I am passing messages through my DS9.

So about 45 seconds later, DS9(still talking to WH) says, "I don't know why Daddy is asking me to say this but he wants to know what size shoes DS7 wears." I just shook my head. Then he said, "She won't tell me. I will just find out and tell you tomorrow." Then he looked at me and covered the phone and said, "Is it size 2?" I shook my head. Then he said, "Size 3?" and I whispered, "I am not answering." I said, "Just talk to your father." DS9 started talking to WH. He mentioned the games and then told WH that I bought them more things yesterday.

Guess what I bought? Army men, marbles(100 for 88cents), and a BOWLING SET. Yeppers, BOWLING. That should be nice and QUIET. HEHEHEHEHEHE. DS9 said, "We can use that long hallway for a bowling alley. It is really long and that will be AWESOME." I had to hide my smile. I think next week I am sending whoopie cushions and super bouncy balls. My kids LOVE those too.

Anyways, so I explained to DS9 that I didn't ask him to send that message to WH. He said he knew but he also wanted to make sure that WH remembered too. Then I said, "I don't like it when Daddy send messages through you and now he thinks I sent one through you." He said, "Oh. I didn't think of that." I said, "It's okay." He said that he would just tell WH DS7's shoe size tomorrow and I said, "DS9, Daddy can figure out DS7's shoe size himself. I don't know why he was asking you now. He does have other options to find out." DS9 said, "Yea." and that was it.

I am not going to try to figure out WH's motives. I really don't care. It's not like he NEEDED to know DS7's shoe size right now. He isn't going to go buy the shoes tonight. Besides, he can just read DS7's boots in the morning. There VENT DONE. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
O
O
I need to focus on getting me better and taking care of the kids.

No advice, Scot, just an observation: If/when your wh comes back, he's going to be one lucky son-of-a-gun. You're already "better" and improving daily through this struggle. Your kids are definitely lucky to have you.

I have a lot of 'what if' moments. Once in a while I have the good sense to throw in a good what if. Like,
what if I hadn't come across MB?
Where would I be if I hadn't worked really hard at recovery? What if I had really lost my cool?

Sometimes, that's how I roll. wink

Me: 43 y.o. BFWH, D-day 11/11/09 (NC since 9/01)
Divorce from WW final 9/16/10.
Current Status: MB-based Marriage to Nature Girl 12/8/12 (first date on 12/11/10)
Mine: S(16), D(11)
NatureGirls: S(23), D(21)
Another EA Story
S
OP Offline
S
Thanx OPT- I know I would be lost without MB. I did so many things WRONG WRONG WRONG before I found this place.

I never thought about doing the good what ifs though. I am gonna have to do that. WOOHOOOO new project for Operation: Making Scotty better.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
Why ask about the shoe size through DS? Well, it's a close cousin of what I call "I Miss Jonah Syndrome".

When the kids were little, we had this adorable little black dog named Jonah. She, yes she, looked like a whippet, but I have no clue what she actually was. Then, while the kids and I were gone on a trip, she came up missing. The kids were sad for a day or two, but life went on and we got another dog. However, for YEARS afterward, whenever little Mr. C became upset about something else, he would wail, "I MISS JONAH!!!!!!!!" That became his excuse basket to put every bad and sad feeling for years. No, he wasn't upset because someone called him names. He just missed Jonah. No, he wasn't upset because he got in trouble. He just missed Jonah.

WH is kinda doing the same thing - because he wants to keep reaching out (in a disrespectful way because he's not considering your boundaries yet), he will find ANY EXCUSE no matter how flimsy to try and get some little ittle bitty peek from you. Waving flags and jumping up and down and shouting, just hoping that for one tiny second you will notice him...acknowledge him...validate him.

It's driving him nuts that you won't. And even if he thought at the time that you sent the message about the clocks, a small part of his brain has to be saying wait, if she wouldn't even tell me the shoe size, why would she tell me about the clocks?

And bowling - wunderbar!

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
N
PS Shortly after we got back from the trip, a horrible smell began emanating from under the house on one side, where a vent cover was missing. For a month or two I couldn't even go out there, pregnant and very sensitive to bad smells as I was.

For some reason I couldn't get AJ to go under the house, either. We just figured it would go away eventually, and it did.

Later, Buster, a huge naughty dog that destroyed and ate everything in sight, managed to squeeze his bulk under the house somehow, and clawed up the walls pretty good before he got back out.

Several years after that, a heater duct repair guy found Jonah's bones, just as we suspected. "It was horrible," he said with a catch in his voice, "there were claw marks all over where the poor thing tried to get out."

rotflmao

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
P
P
Neak, your family stories are folklore, and will be retold for generations.

N
N
Maybe someday I'll be the new Patrick McManus. Hey, a girl can dream...

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
OP Offline
S
AWWW. I miss Jonah too now. That story was so sad. I want a puppy. I am actively looking now. The boys and I really want one. I am looking for a lab mix since that's what we had last time and WE LOVED HER. I was thinking about names and I came up with "Scooch" I always say this to the kids when they are in my way. laugh DS7 loves it.

I saw the questioning about the shoes as exactly what it was, a way to peak behind my curtain but the curtain is nailed shut until either WH agrees to my 6 requirements(that's just for me to open the curtain) or I have to do an Operation Olive Branch: PART DEUX. SHUDDER. I am not looking forward to that again. I mean the feelings that show up a few days later.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
Originally Posted by Scotland
AWWW. I want a puppy. I am actively looking now. The boys and I really want one. I am looking for a lab mix since that's what we had last time and WE LOVED HER. I was thinking about names and I came up with "Scooch" I always say this to the kids when they are in my way. laugh DS7 loves it.

Check out the lab rescues, one of the hardest dogs to adopt out right now are black labs. My last rescue is a black lab and she is becoming an awesome dog. The rescue said many people of scared of black dogs and there are many, many black labs in need of a good home.

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
C
C
Black labs are awesome dogs also...

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
S
OP Offline
S
So, The kids log on to their email this morning and DS9 says, "Mommy there is a message here for you." WH has forwarded a message from the phone and internet company about the latest bill. This is very inappropriate. I forwarded the email to the IMs with a message that this was inappropriate and that they needed to tell WH that. Any ideas on what they should say? I can't really think about how to say it in a "nice" way. All of me wants to block his email address for this. I won't but I really want to do it.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
We had one visit us this morning. It was the same one I clobbered a couple weeks ago, or rather, it clobbered me. It ran out in the street and smacked right into the van while trying to eat it. Didn't phase it in the least.

Now it was over lopping happily around waiting for me to let Clancy out, probably so they can go eat the dead skunk together.

Most black labs have more brain cells in their pinky toe than this one does in its whole beautiful head. grin

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
>Most black labs have more brain cells in their pinky toe than this one does in its whole beautiful head

And now you know the reason God made him so cute.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
N
N
rotflmao

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Page 72 of 199 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 905 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation