Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 74 of 199 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 198 199
N
N
{{{{Quadranoid}}}}

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
Boy Scotty,

Remember, he affaired down way under the kind of awesome woman you are. You know how stubborn he is and how much he doesn't ever want to admit he is wrong. You amaze me in how much you love him but are standing up for what you know is right. Right for you, the kids, and even him when he doesn't see it or know it.

Just a word of encouragement because I had a feeling you needed it.

So what do you wanna be when YOU grow up? I wanna be a Cowboy...

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
P
P
Hi

P
P
Waywardall.

Side effects may include brain cramps, delusions of grandeur, psychotic feelings of self importance, inability to string together logical thoughts, rampant entitlement, problems keeping your pants on, uncontrolled fear of morals, inability to answer any question without lying and a rash that says �STUPID� on your forehead.

If you take Waywardall and you experience any of these side effects shoot yourself immediately and do us all a favor.

rotflmao rotflmao

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
OP Offline
S
Hi Pep.

PM-I am glad that you posted it to my thread, sometimes I think Pep's sigs are HELAIRYUS and I wouldn't want to lose them. laugh

Had a bad couple of days. Felling bad and then I did the UNTHINKABLE. I broke Plan B. WAIT. NOT LIKE THAT. I read some of the old Facebook messages from WH. Things where he told me that I had nothing to worry about POSOW because she was at a lower level than me and she wasn't any competition and although we had some hard times, we would still make it. Looking back, I can't tell if this is where it was clear or partly foggy. I had a good cry and that hadn't happened in a while.

Took the boys to Pizza Hut for their lunch buffet with a friend and her 2 kids. Then I took them to the dollar store to buy some things. Went online to find some more job listings. We are now gonna watch Indiana Jones now so Bu-Bye. laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
Well and update on my Mom and Dad CRAZY MAKING story. My Dad must now be in a kind of Plan F/U. My Mom goes to his house every Friday night after she drops her POSOM off at work. She stopped by my house first. She is always excited to go there. Today was no exception. She called me from my sister's house. She told me that when she walked into my Dad's house(the house they used to share), there was a girl there. My Dad introduced them to eachother. My Mom got mad and left. Then she had to call me to tell me how horrible it was for my Dad to do that to her.

She talked to me for a few minutes and I have always been able to kind of ignore people's rants. With the way I have been feeling for the past few days, it was hard not to just hang up. Then she said, "You get what I am saying right?" I said, "Mom, I am upset and I have been having a few really bad days. I can't deal with someone else's crap right now." Wayturds wherever I turn. AHHHHHHHH.

I have always been a person that answers a DIRECT question. I can beat around the bush and I can try really hard NOT to hurt someone, but I am known for my directness.

I am also helping my sister through her relationship probs and my BIL too. My bestfriend's hubby is away at military training and I am helping her too. I am glad I have this place so I can have someone helping ME. laugh Thanx MB.

Enough of the pity party for myself. I need to de-funk myself NOW. HEHEHEHE.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
F
F
(((Scotty)))

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
C
C
Originally Posted by Scotland
Well and update on my Mom and Dad CRAZY MAKING story. My Dad must now be in a kind of Plan F/U.
.... rotflmao

Hang in there Scotty.. your the wounded healer...

Spreading the good news is a very honorable thing Scotty..I like to be direct too. Famous quote from Mark Twain..

"If you never lie you don't have to remember anything" Stuck in my head since my twentys

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
S
OP Offline
S
Well, not much to talk about on the Scotty front. Not great feelings but a lot of growing coming out of them so they are good. I have tried to write down some thoughts on here for the past 2 days but it didn't seem to come out right. I am not constantly thinking about WH and even find myself realizing that it has been a few hours since I last thought about him. Work isn't great right now. I need to find a new job quick so I can feel better on that front.

Seriously looking for a puppy for us. I am putting it out there and people are keeping an ear to the ground for me.

Due to WH's kidney stone incident from last week, his pay cheque was pathetic. If we had separate finances, he would have had very little for the next 2 weeks. That makes me think about geeting serious about splitting the finances, I am hoping I can get a better paying job with more hours and benefits so I won't have to keep our finances together much longer. I am going to let WH separate the finances since I am sure that it will be from POSOW's influence over WH not contributing to her household. Won't that be GRAND.

I have also stopped telling people what they shouldn't say to WH. There are people in my life who want to give WH and POSOW a piece of their mind and I used to tell them that they shouldn't. Now I just tell them that I don't want to know about it and that they should do what they feel.

Funny thing too, my bestfriend and a good friend saw pics of POSOW and they said, "EWWWWWWW and YUCK." My good friend said, "She looks like a SKANK." Then my bf said, "she looks like a witch. What was WH thinking?" I know that it is shallow, but it made me feel a little better because I KNOW that on the inside I am WAY better than her.

Well, I am gonna call it an early night. I still seem to get plagued by the dreams and wake up at 330am and again at 6am.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
There are people in my life who want to give WH and POSOW a piece of their mind and I used to tell them that they shouldn't.

Scotland, this is one of the BEST BENEFITS of exposure when your friends and family give him a piece of your mind. Hopefully someone will get through to him so I would ENCOURAGE them to talk to him!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
Last night I dreamed I was a sniper. It was very exciting, but not in a good way. Not horrible, either, just really really weird.

How nice that you're not reining your friends in, and good that you're not letting them tell you about it. smile

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
Cheer up Scotty, We all have those days when we are down more than usual. Ive had a day too today. (Maybe itts the planets..) LOL

I think you should go ahead and seperate the finances too. Do whatever you can to baby yourself and get a new job that you like better also.

Remember that you are an awesome person and I hope you can get a solid friend on your side to encourage you for that new job hunt.

TRy and focus on you and avoid the people in "Affiar-land" as you called it before. Remember you have to put the oxygen mask on yourself first..

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
M
M
Scotty,
I love reading your thread, I get a lot of inspiration from you. I feel like I am right behind you in terms of this whole experience. I completely understand your down days, those are still everyday for me.
Keep hanging tough.

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
M
M
Scotty,
I love reading your thread, I get a lot of inspiration from you. I feel like I am right behind you in terms of this whole experience. I completely understand your down days, those are still everyday for me.
Keep hanging tough.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
M
M
Scotty,
Keep hanging tough.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

S
OP Offline
S
ML-Yea, I guess I was slow to figure out the benefit of exposure in that way. My friends wanted to tell him what they really thought and I wanted to spare him the pain. Oh Silly me. They didn't bring it up again until recently and then I just said, "I am not going to tell you what to do or what not to do and I don't want to know about it." I think it was from reading other people's threads and advice and realizing that others had people who did this for them. I also said that I felt like I had no one else fighting for my M and against the adultery and I was praying for more soldiers in my fight. That's when I noticed the friends talking about giving him a piece of their mind and I realized that they were my soldiers. laugh

Neak-A sniper eh? Well, some of us might have wanted to use your services J/K(mostly).

SSO-Thanx. I am able to get out of my funk, most times. I just feel like I should post things on here for the people who lurk so they will know that what they feel is normal. I keep getting told that I am so strong, but I know there are days when I am not. I know I can help others by sharing on those days too, so they can experience the whole process with me. laugh

Mymissy- (((((MYMISSY))))) Oh hun. I don't think you understand how much YOU have helped ME. When you came on here, I saw myself all over again. You have grown so much. There are times when I am amazed at your constraint(that darn pic of POSOW). Your words are encouraging. Thank You.

Thank you all laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
ML-Yea, I guess I was slow to figure out the benefit of exposure in that way. My friends wanted to tell him what they really thought and I wanted to spare him the pain. Oh Silly me.

Let them go for it! It is more often the case I think that people do NOT want to talk about this stuff, and will do ANYTHING to avoid the subject, no matter what they say to your face.

Keep hanging in there!

C
C
Originally Posted by mfoss2212
ML-Yea, I guess I was slow to figure out the benefit of exposure in that way. My friends wanted to tell him what they really thought and I wanted to spare him the pain. Oh Silly me.

Let them go for it! It is more often the case I think that people do NOT want to talk about this stuff, and will do ANYTHING to avoid the subject, no matter what they say to your face.

Keep hanging in there!

Yeah, I wish my church would have addressed my wifes emotional issues and her alcholism. She would have been here today if they had more practical advice. Many churches have the guts to help us mortal humans. Others are to afraid to admit that they still are human and can fall into poor thinking. Maybe only giving people half the truth keeps them in business, maybe they just need to see ppl live in misery and enslaved to thier emotions so they can justify thier own.

Can you tell I have a problem with people hiding thier heads in the sand? Sorry for the TJ Scotty.

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
S
OP Offline
S
SSO- NP, I have told people before, I have no problem with people t/j. I enjoy it really. Gives me something else to read and comment on. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
How about those Expos.....

Me 56 Former BS
4 children
Me former BS
DSs 26 and 23
Page 74 of 199 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation