Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 75 of 199 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 198 199
N
N
And how's your weather? It's been great here, though a little colder today and a chance of rain/snow tonight. We haven't had any rain yet this year that I've seen.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
P
P
Currently 51 F
Today's high predicted to be low 70's

T
T
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Currently 51 F
Today's high predicted to be low 70's

Hey Pep,

Don't put those light jackets away just yet! I think we're going to get down into the 60's tomorrow.

Brrrrrrr!!!!!

TB

S
OP Offline
S
Well, it rained for 5 days. SUNNY and a HIGH of 10C(50F) and it is BEAUTIFUL. It is March afterall. Only 9 more months until Christmas Eve. (EVIL SMILE)

And really TB? You guys wear coats in that kind of weather? My kids went out in hoodies this morning and I had to FORCE them to wear them so I would be a Good MOM HAHAHAHAHA.

SSO- NO EXPOS ON THIS THREAD. There are some things I won't allow HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I got to finally walk around the track with my friends in the morning again. We did a mile and a half this morning(up from a mile before the winter). I am easing into it. laugh Then we went shopping at COSTCO. WOOOOHOOO it was FUN.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
stickout stickout stickout to Pep!!!

WE made it up to freezing, so there!!!!!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
P
P
Originally Posted by Neak
stickout stickout stickout to Pep!!!

WE made it up to freezing, so there!!!!!

Thread Jack! (again)

Neak, did yer Maw tell you that she and I are planning a "get together"?
Can you even fathom ?????
dance2

N
N
Yes, and the land of fruits and nuts will never, ever, ever be the same. Got news for ya though, MA'AM, when I come out to visit there had BETTER BE ANOTHER GET-TOGETHER!!!!!!!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
OP Offline
S
I wore gloves this afternoon. Still chilly and it is supposed to rain again tomorrow. It was nice to see the sunshine today though. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
We've got drizzle. As cold as it is, it must be frozen, but it sure feels like rain.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
I used to love to work outside when it was around 40 deg F. I would wear a sweater and a tuk and if it got too hot off came the sweater. Living further south now when I go north I freeze my butt off LOL.

When I moved here I was up on a telephone pole and was wearing a teeshirt and fishing vest in oct. A customer asked me if I was cold and I was sweating in Oct.

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
S
OP Offline
S
It's chilly today but not raining YET so we still went for our walk. The kids went out in hoodies again and I was wearing gloves.

SSO- what is a TUK? It's called a toque.

Now on my Plan B front. I would like to do another Operation: Olive branch. I know that I am supposed to space them out to about every 2 months or so. I have to do it on a Saturday or Sunday. Here is my problem. 8 weeks after the last Operation:Olive Branch is WH's bday. 8 weeks after that is DS9's bday(and father's day the next day). I was thinking that April 3rd would probably be the better timeframe then and it would be done at the beginning of the month so it doesn't look like I am doing things around family days. Or would family days be better?

I have a movie figured out for the operation. I am going to get Top Gun. Now the reason I picked this movie is because WH and I were both in Air Cadets. That's where we met. At every cadet training weekend, we would watch Top Gun and at every dance, we would sing, "You've lost that loving feeling." I sang it to WH MANY times during these dances.

I would need someone with MAD SKILLS(HINT HINT NEAK) to come up with a brilliant thing for me to say.

Thoughts?

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
Originally Posted by Scotland
SSO- what is a TUK? It's called a toque. ..... stickout...

I have a movie figured out for the operation. I am going to get Top Gun. Now the reason I picked this movie is because WH and I were both in Air Cadets. That's where we met. At every cadet training weekend, we would watch Top Gun and at every dance, we would sing, "You've lost that loving feeling." I sang it to WH MANY times during these dances.

Aw that is cool and sweet. What is "air cadets"? I know what a space cadet is...

I would need someone with MAD SKILLS(HINT HINT NEAK) to come up with a brilliant thing for me to say.

Thoughts?

Yes neak allways seems to have very good ideas. I would say "stop acting like an iceman" or "hey WH your ego is writing checks it can't cash" or "He is having a confidance problem"

Or somthin dumb like that..

Neak can come up with something much more appealing and I being a guy am clueless. I will read it though and tell ya what I think...(like you doubted I would lol..)

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
S
OP Offline
S
Air cadets is a branch of the Canadian military. It is kind of like boy scouts. It was started in 1914 as a way for them to pre-train teenagers for a few years before they join the Air Force(we also have Army Cadets and Sea Cadets). You wear a uniform that resembles that of the military. You do military training(discipline, drill, leadership, etc). It was where I experienced some of the best times of my life. I still have LIFE LONG friends that I met through Air Cadets. It helped me become the person that I am today, and for that I am GRATEFUL.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
How 'bout?

"... (the) rules of engagement are written for your safety and for that of your team. They are not flexible, nor am I. Either obey them or you are history. Is that clear?"

J/K, but it'd be tempting.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
OP Offline
S
It sure would PM. Those words should be on hold for the future. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
The first thing that springs to mind is,

"I haven't lost that lovin' feeling..."

grin

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
N
Then there's the want ad:

WANTED: Top Gun pilot, age 35-37, to fly lifelong mission. Committed (and beautiful!) navigator already on board, as well as 2 FT miniature mechanics. So close we're like family, and only need one pilot to complete the team! To apply, call 800-555-NOHO.

Ok, j/k about the phone #.

Has it been almost two months already????

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
P
P
Like I said ....

WANTED: Top Gun pilot, age 35-37, to fly lifelong mission. Committed (and beautiful!) navigator already on board, as well as 2 FT miniature mechanics. So close we're like family, and only need one pilot to complete the team! To apply, call 800-555-NOHO.

MAD SKILLS !

N
N
kiss

It's a fortunate side effect of being crazy !

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
P
P
Originally Posted by Neak
Then there's the want ad:

Ok, j/k about the phone #.

Has it been almost two months already????

rotflmao NOHO

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Page 75 of 199 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation