Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
N
N
OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!!!

{{{{{{Amazin}}}}}},

HOW the heck are YOU? You didn't honestly think you could get away with all that bumping and NOT give us an update?????..... skeptical

Good to see ya, my friend....

NOW SPILL the BEANS !!!!!
kiss

not2fun

N
N
QUIT BUMPIN' and START SPILLIN'!!!!!!.... toe tap

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
What beans? ...

Nothing's really changed with the divorce. Like my thread say's... I'm done.

My brother in law told me that WW is engaged to affair partner #2 and wants to get married on 10/10/10...

Isn't that just so sweet.... puke

I'm trying to keep from having to send her a check every month for the rest of my life.

It's not over yet... but here's how I think it's going to turn out... PA won't have jurisdiction over my retirement (But that just means she has to go to Iowa, get another atorney and file for my retirement) ... and after dividing assets and debts in PA she'll owe me... at which point she'll finally come to the barganing table... I'm hoping that she'll relinquish all rights and claims to my retirement... And I'll assume all the debt that she dumped on me.

I think I'm in the cat-bird seat... she wants to have this overwith by October... I'm in no hurry... (As far as she knows) rotflmao

BH, 46
STBXWW, 41, Serial Cheater
D-Day #1 5-26-2006 (Our Wedding Aniversary)
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
STBX filed for divorce March 2009
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hmmm what else... How bout ex wife... Jabba the Hut...

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
P
P
Hi friend, you've been missed.

[Linked Image from i4.tinypic.com]

P
P
Originally Posted by Amazin
Hmmm what else... How bout ex wife... Jabba the Hut...

How is your daughter?

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Jabba the hut is as usless as t!ts on a Bull. rotflmao

She started all that legal crap a little over a year ago. And it back-fired on her. Now she's paying on the $18,000 in back child support that she owes me. (mess with a Bull ya get the horn)

She left town and got a over the road truck driving job and hasn't really been back since.

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi Pep!

Ok... Daughter.... patience...I'm typing as fast as I can...

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
P
P
Jabba the hut is as usless as t!ts on a Bull. rotflmao

She started all that legal crap a little over a year ago. And it back-fired on her. Now she's paying on the $18,000 in back child support that she owes me. (mess with a Bull ya get the horn)

She left town and got a over the road truck driving job and hasn't really been back since.

Well well well ... ain't that a kick in the pants !
clap

S
S
Amazin- although I don't know you, I want to thank you for bumping all of those useful threads. There are some in there that I have now bookmarked for future use. laugh

Thanx

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
DD-16... soon to be 17....

I had to see when my last post was.... May of last year...

Well... Jaba coundn't handle DD... and she finally said "Uncle" and at that point DD came back to live with me...

DD continued to have problems... She eventually ended up in juvenile detention last August and spent about 20 days there. (She should have been there sooner) She got out of detention, and was placed on probation, and sent back to live with me. Within a week of being relesed she got caught stealing $282.00 in clothes from the mall. (It was so she could cover up a lie about where she spent the money she earned for school clothes.) And she got caught smoking pot... and drinking alcohol...

Did the Juvenile probation department take her back to detention you ask.... NO!!!!

She kept getting in trouble, lieing to her probation officer, smoking cigarettes, And I kept finding drug paraphenillia in her room. She ened up back in juvenile detention in October.

November 25th they sent her to a juvenile home for kids who have behavioral problems... ODD, ADHD, etc...

She's still struggleing... But... I can say she is getting better.

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by Scotland
Amazin- although I don't know you, I want to thank you for bumping all of those useful threads. There are some in there that I have now bookmarked for future use. laugh

Thanx

No problem... grin

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
P
P
DD-16... soon to be 17....

I had to see when my last post was.... May of last year...

Well... Jaba coundn't handle DD... and she finally said "Uncle" and at that point DD came back to live with me...

DD continued to have problems... She eventually ended up in juvenile detention last August and spent about 20 days there. (She should have been there sooner) She got out of detention, and was placed on probation, and sent back to live with me. Within a week of being relesed she got caught stealing $282.00 in clothes from the mall. (It was so she could cover up a lie about where she spent the money she earned for school clothes.) And she got caught smoking pot... and drinking alcohol...

Did the Juvenile probation department take her back to detention you ask.... NO!!!!

She kept getting in trouble, lieing to her probation officer, smoking cigarettes, And I kept finding drug paraphenillia in her room. She ened up back in juvenile detention in October.

November 25th they sent her to a juvenile home for kids who have behavioral problems... ODD, ADHD, etc...

She's still struggleing... But... I can say she is getting better.

Oh.
Been there.
Done that.
It really hurts when your kid goes way off track.
And, sometimes, there is nothing you can do about it but provide boundaries and then ... wait & hope & pray.
And stay out of God's way.

We're going through something similar ourselves.
The major difference is, ours is no longer a minor.
He's on his own to live his life his way.
So far, it is not working out so well.
He's an alcoholic who doesn't think is is.
Sad.

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Oh.
Been there.
Done that.
It really hurts when your kid goes way off track.
And, sometimes, there is nothing you can do about it but provide boundaries and then ... wait & hope & pray.
And stay out of God's way.

Yes it does hurt. But... I am seeing little glimmers of hope. She came home for Christmas weekend... And got caught shoplifting again. So her probation officer put the kabash on her home visits for a while. (When you screw up your punishment needs to hurt or you won't learn anything from it...) And by the time she came home for another visit it was March 6th... And she was ready... She was tired of being at the Home.

But alas... somehow she got some pot and took it back to the campus... and got caught... (She's not a very good criminal... she seems to get busted every time.)

Doesn't look very hopeful does it... but I see learning taking place.... she understands that she can't blame her behavior on anyone but herself...

And.... I have also had some day visits with her... In the past when I said "no" or if she didn't get her way she would get extreamly angry...beligerent... verbally abusive... etc... On one of the day visits I told her NO to something insignificant... and she got upset... but... she controlled herself... she didn't get beligerant... or abusive.... and I saw that as progress...

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
We're going through something similar ourselves.
The major difference is, ours is no longer a minor.
He's on his own to live his life his way.
So far, it is not working out so well.
He's an alcoholic who doesn't think is is.
Sad.

I'm sorry about your son. But.... Look at the bright side... If I had a kid in your situation... I'd want a mom like Pepperband to be there. You're strong, you've delt with this before and you're educated about it. You're not starting from square one... as apposed to some parents who are uneducated en-ablers... or worse contributing.

I think we've talked before about this... And if memory serves me... the discussion was about boundaries...

Yes it hurts to see your child act in a self destructive harmful way... but all you can do is set the boundary... not be an en-abler, and give them the tought love that they need.

And I'm pretty sure your good at that.

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
B
B
Good to see you!

Glad things are going sorta well.

Sorry that DD is still acting out. She will learn, it might just take some time.

So have you been dating? That is the only reason I can possibly dream of for being gone from here for almost a whole year!

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Good to see you!

Glad to see you too Believer... hug

Glad things are going sorta well.

Things aren't great... but I think they're moving in the right direction.

So have you been dating? That is the only reason I can possibly dream of for being gone from here for almost a whole year!

Well... If you must know...

Wouldn't that be just juicy gossip... NO I'm Not Dating anyone...I'm still married and I'm Not ready to date yet

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
B
B
Okay, that is good. Just curious, because our MB men go like hotcakes once they are divorced. And there are a lot of them who quit posting once they find a new woman.

You are doing things the right way, and many blessings to you. You are a good man and I have very high expectations.

B
B
That being said, I DO love juicy gossip.

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Well I guess the only thing that I can say about my prolonged abscense...

It's been a very rough year for me... I felt like I was fighting two women at once while my daughter was lobbing hand granades in the middle of the fracus.

I got burnt out and depressed. I just felt drained and beat down. But I'm feeling better now and I'm comming out of it.

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation