I second everything LA said smile

Quote:
We had a barbecue for the kids at Sunday School yesterday. I organized it. More Dads than I expected showed up. It was a great time. The religious school director was thrilled. So why was it so hard for me to motivate myself to do the work to make it happen? I had to really push myself just to send the e-mail to invite the Dads to help. From the response, there clearly is a desire among the dads to get more involved. So why don't I feel pleased that the event went well?

Like that rocks in the river thing, I don't think our rewards for the changes we make in our life accumulate overnight, but in time and consistency. I think you can do for your group what you may not be willing today to do for yourself. Way to Go, Hold, keep it up! How about an asking someone at Temple to be an accountability mentor for you? I think if nothing else, it can help you reframe the time you do spend with your family and in your community, help you see the positive results, connect more with your successes than in the shortcomings.

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010